Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What would you rate The Sims 4?

Comments

• Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    Zolt65 wrote: »
    joleaco wrote: »

But quite a few people say that they can't get over the loading screens and the closed world. If these are game breakers for players, they probably wouldn't enjoy TS1 or TS2 because of those 2 issues alone.

No, I loved Sims1 and still play Sims2.

Sure there are loading screens and a closed world, but the game is 10 years old...and Sims1 is 15 years old!

I expected the fourth generation of TheSims franchise to go further with what came before it, not go backwards.

I expected emotions/relations like Sims2 (which are better than 4) and a better (less lag/bugs) world than S3.

I expected the world to grow in its realism (take a look at the furniture in 4! clunky cheap low poly) and not go to a LoonyTunes/MyLittlePony world.

I expected the sims themselves to advance in realism as they did from 1 to 2, then from 2 to 3. Instead they are some plastic robots with Lego hair!

I am not a fan of closed worlds and loading screens but then again this game was made in 2014 and not 2000.

To go back to a world released in 2000 like S1 and have screens and a limited world from a game so old...shameful.

My previous post was in relation to people who had only played TS3 and TS4.

I have been waiting for 6 years for a new Sims game that I could enjoy, (while playing TS2 in the interim), apart from no toddlers or family tree I don't find TS4 that offensive. This is my opinion only and is unimportant.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    6 out of 10

The games loses 3 points for the romance system that makes rotational game play impossible for me. Toddlers need faithful parents. Not friends with benefits!

The games loses 1 point for glitches and/or bad/poor game design. (this is improving because Sims can now eat stuff out of their inventory. But if apples are in the fridge I have to move one apple back to their inventory or set it on the counter so they can eat it.) Lots of other things should have been thought through.
  • Options
    MAFEBISIMAFEBISI Posts: 160 Member
    Honestly, 6/10.
    I don't think the game is bad, just isn't good as its predecessors. I really loved the new "Create a Sim" (I believe it was the only thing really "innovative" and "tactile" in this game. Literally :p ). The "Build Mode" is also very good and easier than its predecessors, but is very limited. You can only build 3 floors instead of 5 floors in "The Sims 3". But the Live Mode is what most disappointed me. Emotions, the multitasking, and even the loading screens existed in other generations. But one thing disappoint me really really REALLY much: the Life Stages. Literally, we only have two life stages in the game: Child and Adult. The newborns are objects, the teens look like a young adult and, oh please! Look at this!
    cSFbQeK.png
    This is an elder? :o And the "EXTREMELY" large objects? A Microscope takes a WHOLE ROOM. But i understand, is the art of the game. ;)

But as i said, the game is not bad. It's The Sims. And i love The Sims. But i don't see myself buying additional content for The Sims 4 as i do with The Sims 3, for example.
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    I rate it a ZERO

why?

ask yourself...in Sims1/2/3...when did EA ever have to offer the game for free so people would play it?

seriously

it is such a bad game EA is begging people to even TRY the game

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    I'd give the sims 4 an "A"

... for abysmal.

B for boring.

Can we get a C? :D

kim :\

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    AtlaxaAtlaxa Posts: 327 Member
    For me:

TS1 - 8
    TS2 - 10
    TS3 - 6
    TS4 - so far 4, but it has potential. Hopefully. :)
  • Options
    SnowWolf58SnowWolf58 Posts: 382 Member
    When a 4th generation game series doesn't even begin to compare or match up to the 1st generation game, you know the series is in trouble. Sims 1 base game had more than Sims 4 AND was much more engaging.

A lot has been said about the "new" CAS system in Sims 4 -- I think it is much more limited and clunky. I've created many celebrity look-alike sims in Sims 3 and the creation process was very easy. With sliders to move the various parts of the face, enhanced by Awesome Mod which added up to 5 levels of adjustment, my celeb sims were awesome. The first time I tried using the "pulling" method in this newest CAS, I was thoroughly frustrated and annoyed that I could no longer really control all of a sim's facial features. FAIL.

The FLAT pale blue template for the neighborhood really surprised me with its overall tiny size and reduced amount of available lots and houses for my sims. FAIL.

The emotions are okay and amusing at first but then as they become repetitious are boring. And I hate seeing my sims that I've created walking around the neighborhood all slumped over with sadness or boredom. My sims all live in the lap of luxury and are very fulfilled, so I don't need the game programming to interfere with my sims world as I like it. FAIL.

The building tools are NOT better as far as I'm concerned -- No basements, terrain tools, water tools and the new foundation "leveler" would be okay if the 2nd floor walls were then tall enough to support more than the smallest windows. Not very well thought out to say the least. And who's bright idea was it to have to place a wall first AND then snap on fencing? LAME & FAIL.

The loading screens between houses are ridiculous along with having no cars, bikes or any means of sim personal travel method. The Taxi Cab again, really? There are not enough social interactions between sims -- all they can do basically is talk each other to death. It would have been nice to at least have some interactions like: Pillow Fighting, Rock/Paper/Scissors, Hacky Sack, Frisbee/Football/Baseball tossing, Volleyball, Shooting Pool, Foosball, Electronic game tables or SOMETHING! FAIL.

If swimming pools had not been added, I would have stopped right then and not bought OR. The first game pack is also limited and after playing it for a little over a week, I am again bored.

The Sims 4 is a ghost game so far... just barely there. I give it a 2/10 and that's being generous.
    Ryzen 1700X • 16GB • RX 580

INFJ -A/-T
  • Options
    br560br560 Posts: 1,836 Member
    edited January 2015
    8/10
    Reason?
    (Throws a sims 4 baby outside and the cot follows)
    Seriously EA?

But I would have given it a 10 if it wasn't missing family trees, babies not classed as objects and cafes and hospitals inside the world.
    Br560.
    Playing the sims since 2012
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member

But quite a few people say that they can't get over the loading screens and the closed world. If these are game breakers for players, they probably wouldn't enjoy TS1 or TS2 because of those 2 issues alone.

Sure there are loading screens and a closed world, but the game is 10 years old...and Sims1 is 15 years old!

I expected the fourth generation of TheSims franchise to go further with what came before it, not go backwards.

I expected emotions/relations like Sims2 (which are better than 4) and a better (less lag/bugs) world than S3.

I expected the world to grow in its realism (take a look at the furniture in 4! clunky cheap low poly) and not go to a LoonyTunes/MyLittlePony world.

I expected the sims themselves to advance in realism as they did from 1 to 2, then from 2 to 3. Instead they are some plastic robots with Lego hair!

I am not a fan of closed worlds and loading screens but then again this game was made in 2014 and not 2000.

To go back to a world released in 2000 like S1 and have screens and a limited world from a game so old...shameful.

My previous post was in relation to people who had only played TS3 and TS4.

I have been waiting for 6 years for a new Sims game that I could enjoy, (while playing TS2 in the interim), apart from no toddlers or family tree I don't find TS4 that offensive. This is my opinion only and is unimportant.
    That would be me. I expect I won't mind about the loading screens in Sims 2 because when I go through one I'll end up in a great place where my sim can do things they can't do in Sims 3. At least, that's how I understand it (stores, restaurants). When I take my sims in 4 through the loading screen they end up in a place with not much special to do.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    AtlaxaAtlaxa Posts: 327 Member
    They should put back the content from TS2.
    With the new features it would result in a 12... or 15.
    Well, in my dreams.
    Even TS3 was disappointing after the previous versions and it could never become what S1 and S2 were (e.g. taking the caffeine out of the hot drinks :) and I don't even want to mention the funny actions of slightly tipsy Sims in TS1), but with all the expansions it became quite enjoyable.
    TS4 is another few steps back. I'm not sure who they want to please by dulling down the game to such an extent that even a Disney movie seems raunchy by comparison. I miss the cheekiness and humour of the earlier versions. Mostly because of the lacking interactions (mainly the romance ones like make out or slow dance).

Please put the spirit back into the game so we can love it again.
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    When I read about the game, I said 4/5 sounds good.

Then I played the game.

It's not even worthy of being rated, the game isn't even complete.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited January 2015
    Atlaxa wrote: »
    They should put back the content from TS2.
    With the new features it would result in a 12... or 15.
    Well, in my dreams.
    Even TS3 was disappointing after the previous versions and it could never become what S1 and S2 were (e.g. taking the caffeine out of the hot drinks :) and I don't even want to mention the funny actions of slightly tipsy Sims in TS1), but with all the expansions it became quite enjoyable.
    TS4 is another few steps back. I'm not sure who they want to please by dulling down the game to such an extent that even a Disney movie seems raunchy by comparison. I miss the cheekiness and humour of the earlier versions. Mostly because of the lacking interactions (mainly the romance ones like make out or slow dance).

Please put the spirit back into the game so we can love it again.
    Slow Dance in 2 and 3 came with expansions.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Wildley CuriousWildley Curious Posts: 5,349 Member
    1/10. For the 90 minutes I was able to run it before the hyper-pastel colors gave me a headache the game didn't crash. Oh, you mean the game shouldn't crash anyway? Then I give it zero.
    “I was so sure that I knew what they needed and what I wanted to sell them that I never stopped long enough to find out what it was they wanted to buy.”
    ― Chris Murray, The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited January 2015
    2/10

Overall, it's nothing special. I'm waiting for The Sims 5 now, as I think it's asinine to buy into an incomplete game where the DEVELOPERS are admitting everything is too difficult/expensive to do, and have an extensive background in mobile games (which is evident especially in how they design the game itself).

Hopefully EA scraps this plum after 2 years or so, like they did with SimCity 5. It peaked in popularity already and will only go down from here, nobody cares about it.
  • Options
    dark5id3dark5id3 Posts: 2,476 Member
    I'll give it 0.5 out of 10 and that's only because of the new buildmode features. Otherwise, I would give it zero.
    2rxu2ph.png
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    6/10 It isn't a bad game. Just not as good as many had hoped that it would be.
  • Options
    KarrterrKarrterr Posts: 1,329 Member
    1/10 I did have high hopes for this game when I saw some of the first trailers before the game came out and I did buy Sims 4 when it came out in hopes it would be really good. But after playing and even buying the Outdoor Retreat I am really scared about this games future. The thing that bothers me the most is I loved having a complete family with toddlers so I tried to deal with not having those. Then also I am having trouble getting use to not having a bigger world to play in. So with these items missing the game seems really boring after a while. There just doesn't seem like much to do in the game even with Outdoor Retreat which gets boring real quick. So I really hope the developers will make something good out of this game by adding back in the toddlers, large worlds and stuff to do with our Sims.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    7/10 unmodded, 8/10 modded to fix the culling and tweak a few other things.

I think it has 9/10 potential - fix the household creation and culling, add more worlds and raise the population cap for people whose computers can handle that, speed up loading screens or give us an option to remove them between lots in a neighbourhood (let us choose between more loading screens + more Sims per area and fewer loading screens + fewer Sims per area), a colour palette tool (even if it's an out-of-game one) and toddlers as cute as the Sims 2 toddlers. 10/10 if you can pull off adding story progression with a true "off" switch.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    fix the household creation and culling, add more worlds and raise the population cap for people whose computers can handle that, [...] remove them [loading screens] between lots in a neighbourhood (let us choose between more loading screens + more Sims per area and fewer loading screens + fewer Sims per area), a colour palette tool (even if it's an out-of-game one) and toddlers as cute as the Sims 2 toddlers. 10/10 if you can pull off adding story progression with a true "off" switch.

107-thumbs-up-sign.png

Without the bugs this would be in fact a good foundation for a good base game. I'd still miss my open world but a compromise is much better than the mobile/flash game they call "The Sims 4".

"[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,571 Member
    me i rate 10/10 as the most excelent game ever
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    GoldpuffleGoldpuffle Posts: 1,872 Member
    I rate it probably a 2 or 3/10
    1: Buildmode gets a point because of the new drag and drop tool (Though I would like create a world or terrain/water option)
    2: Create A Sim was AMAZING! The first time I saw it, I fell in love. I give it 4 points!
    3: Emotions get a .5 rating because the whole emotions thing was not what I wanted, when they were going to make sims4 online, I wonder how they thought of emotions.
    4: No toddlers kind of ruined it for me, i want to go through all the life stages not just children and teens. -2
    5: Multitasking gives a great amount of gameplay and I love how intuitive it is. I give it one point.
    6: the dancing in sims4 kind of blows, couples don't act like couples at all. The dance together doesn't include Slow Dance or just dancing face to face. And the couples don't spoon together in bed and it looks like awkward strangers just got married! -1
    7: The Bugs in Sims 4 are UNBEARABLE. The fridge one or the multitasking one were horrible! The release on the game including the bugs that came, really shined a light on who to blame for sims4 ( cough*). -1
  • Options
    cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Mm I'd say 4.5/10. Only holding on for potential. I've done 3 challenges on the base game, don't know what I will do when I finish the legacy BUT never in a sim series have I done this. I didn't need challenges until mid series or so...

I like CAS, I can create sims I like the look of. I like build too BUT it has seriously limited the capacity of excellent world makers/ builders and it loses much for this. The good things like multi tasking need serious attention, as does the culling and the ever growing loading screens ( my computer is pretty good but too many generations is a problem, apparently). The active lots are great until sims are not created much anymore. Not sure I'm sold on emotions, makes things a bit generic.. Sims are not individuals and the rubbish about its about what your sims becomes as gameplay evokes, they buy a trait that makes pee less, thats not personality based.... Gameplay needs enhancing, family play, fully operational opt out SP, toddlers ...... Going to stop ranting now......all been said before...
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,874 Member
    I'll give it a 5 out of 10, mostly because I'd give most aspects of it a 3 out of 10 but this CAS I'd probably give a 9 out of 10 which saves it from being rated lower overall.

I'd still give SIms 3 a 9 out of 10 and, Sims 2 a 8 out of 10 and Sims, in retrospect, also an even 5 out of 10 (though I would have rated it higher 15 years ago of course without anything to compare it to.)

But this game does not to me deserve more than 5/10. It's not a great game. It's not a horrible game either but it's not that great.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,933 Member

On top of that, the loading screens in Sims 4 scream go away. New game starting. No relationship to previous thing you were playing.

In previous Sims games with loading screens the loading screens continued the experience of the Sim going somewhere.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    edited January 2015
    I would rate it 8.5/10 because I get a ton of enjoyment out of it but I can see what needs improvement. The edge scrolling drives me nuts because you can't scroll on the bottom of the screen. Gurus please fix this!! Unlike many I find the game has a TON of stuff to do. People always complained about lack of interactions and this game has them in spades. There are also interesting ones you can unlock as sims progress in their hobbies. There are definitely tweaks this game could benefit from but as of now I have gotten hundreds of hours in and I am enjoying it immensely! Bring on the game packs and expansions! I am a happy customer.