Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Handwashing..... a bit much

Ok yes everyone irl is supposed to wash their hands after using the toilet.... but... I have 2 bathrooms... and 8 sims all in critical need of a toilet RIGHT NOW.... and someone is hogging it washing their hands.... lol... now normally I micromanage....you have halfway bladder bar... you go before ya go to bed.... however sometimes they get away from me.... and all the handwashing is driving me mad.

Comments

• Options
    ebomb23ebomb23 Posts: 242 Member
    This comment with your profile picture made me laugh! I know what you mean!
    UhDsviD.png
  • Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    Could you put the toilet in its own little room in the bathroom -- so that the sim could use it in private while another sim is in the main bathroom part washing his/her hands? That might help a little.
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • Options
    IgnitedTobi1IgnitedTobi1 Posts: 926 Member
    this is when i just building random toilets for the sims to go do what they need to do.
  • Options
    NightmareCandleNightmareCandle Posts: 531 Member
    edited January 2015
    It drives me crazy too. I downloaded a mod to make them stop the second one was available.
    It's not so much that other Sims need the bathroom for me, it's that they're wasting half a sim hour doing something pointless. I play with free will off, so when I queue something up for a sim to do after using the bathroom, they better be doing it and not washing their hands.
    ► ♦ 8XGb8hl.gif ♦ ◄
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    Yep, it drove me crazy too, so I found a mod that stops them from doing that. I just couldn't stand it any more. :s
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    SugarRaveSugarRave Posts: 2,552 Member
    Idontrcall wrote: »
    Could you put the toilet in its own little room in the bathroom -- so that the sim could use it in private while another sim is in the main bathroom part washing his/her hands? That might help a little.

Have people learned nothing from LGR?

There is but one place a toilet belongs, and that is in the middle of a hedge maze.

• Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    The best is when they stop to wash their hands on their way to the shower.
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    -nP4OW917DZ5HZ.jpg
  • Options
    ronnigirl67ronnigirl67 Posts: 209 Member
    Vlaxitov wrote: »
    The best is when they stop to wash their hands on their way to the shower.

I didn't know if I should like or LOL this comment, but this is the first thing I also thought of when I read the OP's post. Makes me shake my head every time I see my Sims do this.
  • Options
    jh2011jh2011 Posts: 137 Member
    I just use cheats lol. then they never have to pee or wash their hands
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Ok yes everyone irl is supposed to wash their hands after using the toilet.... but... I have 2 bathrooms... and 8 sims all in critical need of a toilet RIGHT NOW.... and someone is hogging it washing their hands.... lol... now normally I micromanage....you have halfway bladder bar... you go before ya go to bed.... however sometimes they get away from me.... and all the handwashing is driving me mad.

You obviously never grew up in a household full of females :)

Handwashing's nothing.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    FigwitFigwit Posts: 1,072 Member
    Obsessive hand washing all day but no hand washing when they change the baby's dirty diaper. :)
  • Options
    Gretchen_WienersGretchen_Wieners Posts: 24 New Member
    > @ebomb23 said:
    > This comment with your profile picture made me laugh! I know what you mean!

LOL the whole time I was reading it I was imagining Kevin Hart speaking!
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    So true! XD

But I think I hate the whole staring into space/pausing/talking while eating aspect the most. My sims take forever to eat because they pause to stare into space or pause eating in order to keep talking, and then the hunger needs bar stops filling up. :( So I have to constantly keep micromanaging their multi-tasking, lol.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    So true! XD

But I think I hate the whole staring into space/pausing/talking while eating aspect the most. My sims take forever to eat because they pause to stare into space or pause eating in order to keep talking, and then the hunger needs bar stops filling up. :( So I have to constantly keep micromanaging their multi-tasking, lol.

This started after the December patch for me. I hope it gets fixed. I don't mind the talking so much. I eat slower if I chatter away while eating too, but I rarely suffer from a labotomy while eating by myself, unless I really don't enjoy what I'm eating.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    This started after the December patch for me. I hope it gets fixed. I don't mind the talking so much. I eat slower if I chatter away while eating too, but I rarely suffer from a labotomy while eating by myself, unless I really don't enjoy what I'm eating.
    Yup, for me, this happened recently. I don't remember having this problem when I first got the game close to its release.

Someone said that turning on the radio or having the sim view a wall painting while eating helps speed up the process. I will try that one of these days to see if that could work for me...
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    Yup, for me, this happened recently. I don't remember having this problem when I first got the game close to its release.

Someone said that turning on the radio or having the sim view a wall painting while eating helps speed up the process. I will try that one of these days to see if that could work for me...

Interesting, I may try those out too. I'm not getting my hopes up though. None of the other fixes for the other issues have worked for me since that patch. I can play, but the bugginess of my game has gotten on my nerves too much to enjoy playing.
  • Options
    lovelylisaclovelylisac Posts: 1,291 Member
    I hate how they pee, then wash their hands before getting in the bath. Seriously, who does that? Thank Plumbob for mods.
  • Options
    kay_blogskay_blogs Posts: 67 Member
    > @Vlaxitov said:
    > The best is when they stop to wash their hands on their way to the shower.

So much this. It's a total waste of time!
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

This is why I prefer things like this to be trait and personality related. Neat Sim should always wash hands. Others shouldn't care. Traits in this game leave a lot to be desired as far as what and why these Sims should be doing. It seems again they have taken a backseat to emotion this time and really don't matter all that much other than to help a person obtain a goal. And that is not the type of traits I was looking for this time, either.

To me traits don't matter at all in this game and hardly hold any impact on the game play and or the actual Sim no more than they did in the TS3 and or the behavior of the TS3 Sim. It is extremely disappointing.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    ZourinZourin Posts: 29 Member
    edited January 2015
    For a family of four, two standard bathrooms are fine. Toss in bidet and auto-soap and it's as good as your average garden hose if you're using good sinks (and you should!)

For eight, you're going to need a more creative solution. The 'main' bathroom should have two independent toilet rooms (or 'stalls' if you please) with a washroom just outside, plus your master bath. You may even be able to throw in a shower stall or two for that 'locker room' feel. Two toilets and three sinks can handle quite a bit of traffic.

As for the autonomy, I see Sims skip handwashing all the time. It's like the whole lot of them have ADD, with them deciding to do something new every three seconds. Except dance. Buggers do nothing but dance, play video games, and eat yogurt.
    Post edited by Zourin on
  • Options
    mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    Neat Sims are worse: They don't want to take a bath in a dirty bathtub. They will clean it first. Same with basins and toilets :S
  • Options
    annleen16annleen16 Posts: 3 New Member
    I have sims that wash their hands after EVERYTHING! like after reading a book or swimming. And i would use a mod but i find they slow the game down way to much for my liking =.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    Over at MTS, there's a mod to fix that. Personally, I used to have to force my Sims to wash their hands in TS3, so I'm glad they do it automatically. Yes, I do realize they're just pixals, but still. For our younger players, it's a good reminder.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/