The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No ask to leave?

I do not have that option for that after the 12/16 update. Anyone else have the same problem?

Comments

• Options
    SuzyQSim1259SuzyQSim1259 Posts: 121 Member
    Not only is there no longer an "ask to leave" option, it seems people are just coming into my home without invitation. Ack! And there's no way to get them to leave. They are even sleeping in my Sims beds, which never happened previously. "Goodbye" option is useless, too... I guess we'll have to wait for another update to fix this glitch. I hope it's sooner rather than later. I also hope they make a friendly "ask to leave" option, as well as the previous nasty "ask to leave." I always dreaded using it because my Sim would be so mean about it all the time. But hey, if I want my date to hurry up and leave so I can host another date, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. LOL. >:)

I have to say I'm loving some of the fixes in this latest patch, especially the new age flag just below the Sim's name when you hover your cursor over them. Knowing what stage of life other Sims are in is "da bomb"! No more guessing if they are teens or not without looking at how many traits they have. Also when on the prowl for a potential mate, at least I know what lifestage I'm marrying now. If I want to have a sugar daddy that's gonna croak sooner rather than later, I don't have to guess if they're elder or not. :wink:
  • Options
    WitchCat26WitchCat26 Posts: 21 Member
    Same problem here. I have 3 seemingly permanent house guests at the moment, who are treating my sim's house as their own.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    I threw a party, thinking they would leave when the party was over. Nope. I'm glad I only invited the current people staying in the house.

Edit: And, the caterer has decided to stay as well.

Edit #2: I threw a party at one of the friend/"house guest"'s house, invited all the squatters, and they stayed at the party instead of coming back home with my sim.
    Post edited by WitchCat26 on
  • Options
    winchestergirl20winchestergirl20 Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm having this same issue as well. I had two friends over for a visit and they wouldn't leave. They were there for three days until they finally disappeared. Now I have a random sim living in my house and I cannot get him to leave.
  • Options
    AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    edited December 2014
    Yeah, same problem here. Some random guy called and asked if he could visit. Sim said yes, but now he won't leave and I can't get him out. And if move objects is supposed to make it so you can 'delete' people like you used to be able to, it's not working. I did find a way to get them out however. I turned testing cheats on (I use a mod so it's always on), shift clicked stranger to 'add to family', then used cas.fulleditmode cheat, shift-clicked again to modify in cas, and deleted him. Now he's gone. Hope he stays gone.
  • Options
    BabiskoBabisko Posts: 1,290 Member
    I had the same problem. Found my way through the bug forum to some other bug forum, and someone mentioned that it might be an issue with the lot itself. If you go to build mode and check the lot info, it might be a colored square with a box next to it that says name. If that's the case, just go to manage worlds and then change the lot type to residential. Fixed it up for me.
    We are now the knights who say Ekke Ekke Ekke Ekke Ptangya Zoooooooom Boing Ni!
  • Options
    > @Babisko said:
    > I had the same problem. Found my way through the bug forum to some other bug forum, and someone mentioned that it might be an issue with the lot itself. If you go to build mode and check the lot info, it might be a colored square with a box next to it that says name. If that's the case, just go to manage worlds and then change the lot type to residential. Fixed it up for me.

I see that, and I have the colored square, but if I try to change it, it tells me "Lot type can't be changed while sims are living here." So, still stuck.
  • Options
    EmmySim79EmmySim79 Posts: 30 Member
    Witchcat26, you need to evict your family first, then you can change the lot type. After, you can move you family back in.
  • Options
    > @EmmySim79 said:
    > Witchcat26, you need to evict your family first, then you can change the lot type. After, you can move you family back in.

Yeah, I did that a little while ago. I was afraid to lose my household somehow, since I'm also having a problem where they're not saving to My Library. It worked, though, and I no longer have random guests.
  • Options
    crzykiller_crzykiller_ Posts: 97 Member
    yep same here. i had a sim get stuck at my house because of no option to have them leave. i tried to move him in and then move him out, still did not leave. tried deleting my house so that he would get reset to the outside.. came right back into my house and would not leave. i locked him in a room so he would die and now some RANDOM sim that my family doesnt even know is in my house eating our food! i thought the guy broke out, but no, theres a whole other person.
    this is new after the patch so hopefully they fix it asap i cant even play with all these random people coming into my house and getting in the way of everything i try to have my sims do.
  • Options
    BabiskoBabisko Posts: 1,290 Member
    yep same here. i had a sim get stuck at my house because of no option to have them leave. i tried to move him in and then move him out, still did not leave. tried deleting my house so that he would get reset to the outside.. came right back into my house and would not leave. i locked him in a room so he would die and now some RANDOM sim that my family doesnt even know is in my house eating our food! i thought the guy broke out, but no, theres a whole other person.
    this is new after the patch so hopefully they fix it asap i cant even play with all these random people coming into my house and getting in the way of everything i try to have my sims do.

Did you try what I mentioned in an earlier post? Cause it might be the issue, that the patch changed your lot type so it's no longer residential.
    We are now the knights who say Ekke Ekke Ekke Ekke Ptangya Zoooooooom Boing Ni!
  • Options
    ElainaMarieElainaMarie Posts: 6 New Member
    Update. It was the lot. I have sense moved my family and no longer have the problem. Before I would ask them to join the family, then went to manage household and put them back with their own family.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Add me to the list who no longer has "Ask to Leave" option!!!
  • Options
    graceali_xgraceali_x Posts: 2 New Member
    I have just done something hoping that it would work, and it did, although I used a cheat I got some annoying people out of my house! So all you have to is: ctrl+shift+c then type in testingcheats on click enter, then shift-click the person you want to leave, click the debug option then normally click on them and select ask to leave! SIMPLE!!!
  • Options
    LaurenLauren Posts: 2 New Member
    The same thing is happening to me! Like 6 random sims came into my house and decided to make themselves at home and won't leave! This is quite annoying!!
  • Options
    SimmindipitySimmindipity Posts: 674 Member
    Not only is there no longer an "ask to leave" option, it seems people are just coming into my home without invitation. Ack! And there's no way to get them to leave. They are even sleeping in my Sims beds, which never happened previously. "Goodbye" option is useless, too... I guess we'll have to wait for another update to fix this glitch.

This is my issue too, I mean I have a household now of 10 unwanted guest my sims do not know and I can not get them to leave. Not only that my children are no longer going to school and I have a unplayable sim in labor but refuses to go and have her baby. At this point my game seems unplayable as no one can leave the house including my own sims. Once trying to leave the lot my game freezes up!

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,635 Member
    BrandyD83 wrote: »
    Not only is there no longer an "ask to leave" option, it seems people are just coming into my home without invitation. Ack! And there's no way to get them to leave. They are even sleeping in my Sims beds, which never happened previously. "Goodbye" option is useless, too... I guess we'll have to wait for another update to fix this glitch.

This is my issue too, I mean I have a household now of 10 unwanted guest my sims do not know and I can not get them to leave. Not only that my children are no longer going to school and I have a unplayable sim in labor but refuses to go and have her baby. At this point my game seems unplayable as no one can leave the house including my own sims. Once trying to leave the lot my game freezes up!

Can you enter Manage Towns to evict the family, then build/buy on the house to fix the lot type back to residential, then move the family back in?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    EllaBelle5000EllaBelle5000 Posts: 1 New Member
    I had this problem before. You have to go into build mode and click on the "lot info" panel. If you see a colored square with the word name next to it the game has changed your lot to a community one. You have to evict your family change the lot type then move them back in.
  • Options
    maxinelanemaxinelane Posts: 4 New Member
    when a sim out stays there welcome at my sim's house i just travel with all the sims to another lot and then go home and when i get back to my house i'm on my own and can carry on living a lonely sim life lol x
  • Options
    justbricejustbrice Posts: 356 Member
    I had that problem when I uploaded a custom content house. Almost the whole neighborhood was inside from top to bottom floors. I couldn't get them to leave if I went to the 'Go away' option, testingcheatsenabled true, and moveobjects on. I put a gate to keep the neighbors from entering the house. It works. The only thing is if you want to talk to a neighbor face-to-face, then you have to go to the sidewalk or to a community lot. Also, you make sure there's lots of room between the gate and stairs (if have one going up to your front door.) Otherwise, your sim won't be able to enter the house. They need to fix it. Hopefully, the next patch update.
  • Options
    nick10123nick10123 Posts: 1 New Member
    I have up to eight completely random people in my house. as soon as I moved in. they got into the house before my actually sims even stepped foot on the property. I built a house for four people, not twelve lmao. but most of the options listed above gets rid of them. before I found this post I befriended all of them and took them to the night club. Now they just don't leave the nightclub.
  • Options
    Darkfairi18Darkfairi18 Posts: 101 Member
    > @Babisko said:
    > I had the same problem. Found my way through the bug forum to some other bug forum, and someone mentioned that it might be an issue with the lot itself. If you go to build mode and check the lot info, it might be a colored square with a box next to it that says name. If that's the case, just go to manage worlds and then change the lot type to residential. Fixed it up for me.

Thanks!! I never would have thought to try this.
  • Options
    abigailv91abigailv91 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited January 2015
    I'm having this same issue. First Reginald decided he really liked my house enough to live in it, but now I just hosted a wedding and I have a lot of people in my house that wont leave now... At least they're taking out the trash and washing the dishes and the sink, right?
  • Options
    abigailv91abigailv91 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited January 2015
    > @Darkfairi18 said:

THIS WORKED! Thank you so much. I had to evict my family and move them back in but that's no big deal at all, the people are finally gone!
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Yeah people also won't leave my house, I tried the "Goodbye" option, the "Go away" option, but they just won't leave :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1