The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

And so It begins..My game will not load even without add ons and running repair.

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    songsmith2003songsmith2003 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Sorry people. I really hoped the old "make new user files" trick would work. This is bad if it's happening to a lot of people.
  • Options
    RudiaroseRudiarose Posts: 891 Member
    Ok, loaded so it might be a server overload problem making family will keep you posted.
  • Options
    WitchCat26WitchCat26 Posts: 21 Member
    > @Rudiarose said:
    > Ok, loaded so it might be a server overload problem making family will keep you posted.

I really don't see how it could be this when the program gives a "Not responding" message. I don't think on-line play enters into loading.
    I'm sure I could be wrong, and if someone would like to correct me, I'd appreciate it.
  • Options
    1TheCalvinator11TheCalvinator1 Posts: 1 New Member
    I was having the same problem and got it working (sort of). For me it was the Tray folder that was causing it. I had to remove it, repair (might be able to skip this step), and leave it out in order for the game to load. As soon as I try adding it back in the game won't load again. I had quite a few custom houses that I'd modded or built myself and losing it all isn't acceptable to me, but maybe it will work for someone else.

After fiddling with it a bit more it seems that the more files that are in the Tray folder, the longer it freezes while loading (but it does eventually load even if it takes several minutes). With 0 files in that folder it loads within seconds with no freezing. Before this patch my game loaded within seconds, no freezing, and with all of my houses installed. Something is broken here.
  • Options
    WitchCat26WitchCat26 Posts: 21 Member
    > @1TheCalvinator1 said:
    > I was having the same problem and got it working (sort of). For me it was the Tray folder that was causing it. I had to remove it, repair (might be able to skip this step), and leave it out in order for the game to load. As soon as I try adding it back in the game won't load again. I had quite a few custom houses that I'd modded or built myself and losing it all isn't acceptable to me, but maybe it will work for someone else.
    >
    > After fiddling with it a bit more it seems that the more files that are in the Tray folder, the longer it freezes while loading (but it does eventually load even if it takes several minutes). With 0 files in that folder it loads within seconds with no freezing. Before this patch my game loaded within seconds, no freezing, and with all of my houses installed. Something is broken here.

That was totally it. Deleted the entire folder, repaired, and the game started right up.
    Thanks so much for posting, @1TheCalvinator1 ! You're my hero.
    On the other hand, ugh. Going to pick up my CC again, and starting at zero again.
  • Options
    mamx2mamx2 Posts: 91 Member
    im having the same problems too
  • Options
    RudiaroseRudiarose Posts: 891 Member
    Well played for a hour or so saved too and no problems.
  • Options
    STURTAINENSTURTAINEN Posts: 40 Member
    I had the same issues, removing ALL contents in the Tray folder has my game loading. Argh. This is just painful, now I have to start all over as I doubt EA will fix this any time soon.
  • Options
    HechiceraSimHechiceraSim Posts: 35 Member
    edited December 2014
    Same issue. I have no CC or mods, straight vanilla game, and I recently reinstalled from scratch since I had the Chinese window title bug too. No es mi dia.

Update: 3rd try, no extra steps, just waiting patiently at the loading green diamond and it started.
    Post edited by HechiceraSim on
  • Options
    Moonspinner1949Moonspinner1949 Posts: 40 New Member
    I guess all of you are having the same problem I am now having since downloading the new patch tonight. My game will not load. I took out all the custom content although I had no mods that changed game play. I only had hair, clothes, makeup that all worked just fine in my game before the patch download. But even with taking out all custom content my game still will not load so the custom content has nothing to do with the problem. The patch is the problem. It did something to my game and now it will not load. So frustrating! I guess I'll go back and play Sims3 since Sims4 doesn't work anymore. I guess that will save me money because I won't be buying any Sims4 expansion packs. lol lol
  • Options
    Moonspinner1949Moonspinner1949 Posts: 40 New Member
    1The Calvinator1 you are a life saver! I took out the tray folder like you said and my game loaded up immediately first time after I took that folder out. Bless you!!!! You are right there is something broken with that new patch. I had no problem with loading the game until the recent patch was downloaded and then my game would not load at all. I had downloaded some houses from the exchange in that Tray folder. But like I said it now works without anything in the Tray folder.
  • Options
    hirondelle09hirondelle09 Posts: 175 Member
    So upset right now because I was really excited for the patch but my game is not loading too :> I've tried everything, repairing the game, removing CC and making new user files etc but it's not working. The only thing that works is removing tray files- and I am really not satisfied with that solution.
    disneylegacy.jpg?w=764&h=261
  • Options
    Enric277Enric277 Posts: 11 New Member
    edited December 2014
    I only deleting last trayitems ( dated today ) back up before. Open origin and repair.
    works perfect.
    1The Calvinator1 Thanks
    ;)
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,635 Member
    Have any of you tried putting the Tray files back in? I'm curious if it just needed to open that first time without them.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,658 Member
    edited December 2014
    No cc and no mods. This isn't something for just a few. This is a windows conflict with the new patch is my guess.

I have neither cc or mods and I can't get my game to load. I did get a pop up the first time from Windows. It said that windows can't load this screen saver. This happened after the blue line on the green icon stopped moving for a while. I think there is a conflict for some people with windows. I have Windows 8.1, so what version do the people unable to load their game have? Also did you download the patch and the free Holiday stuff at one time?

No issues loading until yesterday's patch and new Holiday stuff downloads. No one should have to go into any folders or anything. The team needs to figure out the problem and fix it.
    Post edited by davina1221 on
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,658 Member
    edited December 2014
    I was having the same problem and got it working (sort of). For me it was the Tray folder that was causing it. I had to remove it, repair (might be able to skip this step), and leave it out in order for the game to load. As soon as I try adding it back in the game won't load again. I had quite a few custom houses that I'd modded or built myself and losing it all isn't acceptable to me, but maybe it will work for someone else. <br />
    <br />
    After fiddling with it a bit more it seems that the more files that are in the Tray folder, the longer it freezes while loading (but it does eventually load even if it takes several minutes). With 0 files in that folder it loads within seconds with no freezing. Before this patch my game loaded within seconds, no freezing, and with all of my houses installed. Something is broken here.

I checked by doing this and got the same exact results. Loaded perfect with the tray on the desktop and went strait to play. I exited and put it back in and then it did go to the screen where you decide new game ect. and then froze. So, this is def. an issue of some type. I use Windows 8.1 and loaded the Holiday near the same time; not sure if that info is important or not.

My game is updating now. I have no mods or cc and I think it is an issue with possibly windows for some people as I got a windows message.

I went and reported that my game won't start in the bugs section of the forums. Under Sims 4, look for the bugs section here in the forums and then I clicked the first one. Then the first link in it. This takes you to EAs problems section and you may have to sign in to leave an issue. This is where crinrict looks at it or someone that fixes the problems. As soon as I turned on computer tonight, it said that Origin was updating. So you may want to check to see if yours is updating or has an update. If not, go into the area described above and sign in. In the author part of it, look for my name davina1221 and you will see the issue I left and you can add to it and maybe get help that way. It is real easy. Hope my explaining this is understandable.
    Post edited by davina1221 on