Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I guess The Sims creators and EA Sports are not fair.

Comments

• Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    I have 99 problems with TS4 but it not running on overpriced hipster machines isn't one.
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    > @Crackseed said:<br />
    > OP, do you feel like this is what you and EA's relationship is like? Confirm yes/no please.<br />
    <br />
    NO. but it's like this:<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    ://static.arstechnica.net/2010/09/22/stabbing_betrayal_ars.jpg

You feel like they're stabbing you in the back because they're still working on the Mac version? Interesting.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    Run chicken... the sky is falling! Or something.

why_is_life_unfair_top-400x215.jpg
  • Options
    Bagoas77 wrote: »

That's one scary looking sky.
  • Options
    robotpanda34robotpanda34 Posts: 3,387 Member
    c3d0981ae770f926eedf4eda7505b006.jpeg
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    ebuchala wrote: »
    Bagoas77 wrote: »

That's one scary looking sky.

That's one chicken saying "plum the 3 second life I have left."

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    This? Again?

It was already pointed out in your other thread that they are working on the Mac version and that Mac's are not gaming computers.

Oh. That's what this is about. Untrue. I play on a Mac. Been playing since the launch. :)

Same here thanks to Boot Camp -- and they're working on the Mac version according to the last LB but just can't give a timetable. (If it follows the pattern of Sims 1 and 2 when the port was done by Aspyr, it'll probably be about March or so, though if they're doing it in house that could speed things up a bit.)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    This? Again?

It was already pointed out in your other thread that they are working on the Mac version and that Mac's are not gaming computers.

Oh. That's what this is about. Untrue. I play on a Mac. Been playing since the launch. :)

Same here thanks to Boot Camp -- and they're working on the Mac version according to the last LB but just can't give a timetable. (If it follows the pattern of Sims 1 and 2 when the port was done by Aspyr, it'll probably be about March or so, though if they're doing it in house that could speed things up a bit.)

Yes, the evil EA is stabbing people in the back by working on the Mac version. Sons of plums, bastages, evil heifers.
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    Don't mind me, I am just here for the .gifs. This is none of my business. :)
    Kermit-Tea.jpg
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member

I don't think I'll be touching the Mac version with a 10 foot pole this time. After TS3 on the Mac, I'll pass. Ran so much better and with less issues on the PC. Also, S2 never went beyond BV. I was very disappointed. I also had a lot more issues with CC and mods in the S2 for Mac. There are games I play on the Mac though. They're modern games that run well, but EA doesn't seem to know much about OSX, IMO.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    MrMagnetismMrMagnetism Posts: 142 Member
    I'll make a deal with you all. I'll stop hating if EA & Sims have THESE two Careers
    Ballroom Dancing & Prowrestling.
  • Options

Macs use the same processors and graphic cards as Windows PCs do these days -- the only difference is the operating system. And with Macs being the choice for a lot of graphics pros, it could be argued that they'd be even better for gaming. I've played WoW on my Mac partition with no issues whatsoever other than the fact I was bad at it. :| Blizzard apparently doesn't have problems getting their games out for both Windows and Macs.

And look at the bright side -- when we get the native Mac version we'll get it with the majority of the bugs already squashed. B)
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    I remember you. It took me a while. Some of your threads were ...disturbing.
  • Options
    > @ebuchala said:
    > stilljustme2 wrote: »
    >
    > kremesch73 wrote: »
    >
    > LokiSimsies wrote: »
    >
    > This? Again?
    >
    >
    > It was already pointed out in your other thread that they are working on the Mac version and that Mac's are not gaming computers.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Oh. That's what this is about. Untrue. I play on a Mac. Been playing since the launch. :)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Same here thanks to Boot Camp -- and they're working on the Mac version according to the last LB but just can't give a timetable. (If it follows the pattern of Sims 1 and 2 when the port was done by Aspyr, it'll probably be about March or so, though if they're doing it in house that could speed things up a bit.)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Yes, the evil EA is stabbing people in the back by working on the Mac version. Sons of plums, bastages, evil heifers.

Nope it just misleading us MAC user to believing that it'll come out on September 2. Their Videos doesn't say "Only for PC for Now."
  • Options
    KhyanLeikasKhyanLeikas Posts: 857 Member
    edited October 2014
    Hummm... *see this topic*

....I'm gonna go.

tumblr_lta3b1KmAv1qii6tmo1_500.gif

• Options
    KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member
    troll alert
  • Options
    I'll make a deal with you all. I'll stop hating if EA & Sims have THESE two Careers<br />
    Ballroom Dancing & Prowrestling.

They've got a Luchadore. :p I would love Ballroom Dancing, though. Beyond that, you're free to hate all you want. No skin off my nose. :)
  • Options
    > @Katlyn2525 said:
    > I remember you. It took me a while. Some of your threads were ...disturbing.

That time I was just got dumped and my mind wasn't in the right mind.
  • Options
    CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    Now by Pro Wrestling are we talking The Rock "Can you smell what I'm cooking?" type or the "Boys get a room you shouldn't put your hands anywhere near that man's junk when pinning him down while sweaty" type? Cause I'm not sure I can get behind either just yet as much as I love Mr. Dwayne Johnson.
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • Options
    YazFoxxyYazFoxxy Posts: 1,219 Member
    I'm guessing this is about the mac issue again? EA and Maxis already said they are making the game for mac too. Makes sense, why would they leave us mac users out?
    It takes a lot of coding! So let's all do a dance. :)
  • Options
    Crackseed wrote: »
    Now by Pro Wrestling are we talking The Rock "Can you smell what I'm cooking?" type or the "Boys get a room you shouldn't put your hands anywhere near that man's junk when pinning him down while sweaty" type? Cause I'm not sure I can get behind either just yet as much as I love Mr. Dwayne Johnson.

Get behind...heh.
  • Options
    > @Crackseed said:
    > Now by Pro Wrestling are we talking The Rock "Can you smell what I'm cooking?" type.

That one. Hulkster, MACHO MAN, NATURE BOY, RVD, Rated R Superstar. Ravishing Rick Rude. The Icon Sting, Total Package. Big Sexy Kevin Nash. Should I'll go on?

I dare any one to create all of the prowrestlers/Divas/Knockouts.
  • Options

I don't think I'll be touching the Mac version with a 10 foot pole this time. After TS3 on the Mac, I'll pass. Ran so much better and with less issues on the PC. Also, S2 never went beyond BV. I was very disappointed. I also had a lot more issues with CC and mods in the S2 for Mac. There are games I play on the Mac though. They're modern games that run well, but EA doesn't seem to know much about OSX, IMO.

The issue with Sims 3 and the Mac was that it was a Windows program wrapped in the Cider emulator -- sort of like M&Ms chocolate wrapped in a candy shell but not nearly as delicious. A native coded Mac version, like was done for Sims 1 and Sims 2 under contract with Aspyr, should work just as well on the Mac as the Windows version does on my Boot Camp partition. The Cider emulator might work well for casual games, but when it comes to processor-intensive and graphics-heavy programs like Sims 3, it just wasn't up to the task. At least EA seems to have learned from that failed experiment and didn't try to do that with Sims 4; I'll give them credit for trying to get it right this time. (The issue with not getting any Sims 2 EPs beyond BV had to do with the contract; Aspyr was contracted to port only 6 EPs because that's all EA thought they'd be producing, and when EA decided to put out Freetime and Apartment Life, they weren't willing to modify the contract so Aspyr could port them over.)
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited October 2014

The issue with Sims 3 and the Mac was that it was a Windows program wrapped in the Cider emulator -- sort of like M&Ms chocolate wrapped in a candy shell but not nearly as delicious. A native coded Mac version, like was done for Sims 1 and Sims 2 under contract with Aspyr, should work just as well on the Mac as the Windows version does on my Boot Camp partition. The Cider emulator might work well for casual games, but when it comes to processor-intensive and graphics-heavy programs like Sims 3, it just wasn't up to the task. At least EA seems to have learned from that failed experiment and didn't try to do that with Sims 4; I'll give them credit for trying to get it right this time. (The issue with not getting any Sims 2 EPs beyond BV had to do with the contract; Aspyr was contracted to port only 6 EPs because that's all EA thought they'd be producing, and when EA decided to put out Freetime and Apartment Life, they weren't willing to modify the contract so Aspyr could port them over.)

Ah. Gotcha. That's good to know. Too bad they didn't renew the contract, but that's kind of what I fear they may do again.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    cowplantmilkcowplantmilk Posts: 27 Member
    > @MrMagnetism said:
    > That time I was just got dumped and my mind wasn't in the right mind.

You still seem like you're not in your right mind. People are telling you they are working on a mac version and you keep whining.