Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Random Legacy Challenge?

Did anyone play this for Sims 3? I always have one on the go and they're a ton of fun. I really hope the person/people who created this for TS3 do for one for TS4. I think it was someone from Mod The Sims but I'm not sure...

Comments

• Options
    PhoebeH84PlayerPhoebeH84Player Posts: 31 Member
    I havent' tried this one (I still have to complete 4 challenges with the sims 3: a 100 Baby challenge; a DITFT; a Choose your own adventure and a legacy) but I'd like to try it in TS4.
  • Options
    trickyTelvanni trickyTelvanni Posts: 40 Member
    I always had [i]at least[/i] one Randomcy challenge on the run. It is my pesonal favorite for TS3 and I also hope creators of this challege will make rules for new game in series.
    "No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world".
    Robin Williams
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    I hadn't heard of the DITFT challenge, but it looks fun! I also love doing wishacies but I don't know how possible that's gonna be in TS4... Will just have to wait and hope I guess :)
  • Options
    PhoebeH84PlayerPhoebeH84Player Posts: 31 Member
    I love it because every generation you get to choose one (or all) the different careers or professions so that you can really play with everything the game has to offer. You'll find it on google by taping difference in the family tree (it's from angelofafallen on livejournal)
  • Options
    I love it because every generation you get to choose one (or all) the different careers or professions so that you can really play with everything the game has to offer. You'll find it on google by taping difference in the family tree (it's from angelofafallen on livejournal)

Thank you! I'm definitely gonna give that a go, it looks a lot of fun. I am getting TS4 but I love my TS3 Simmies too, definitely not ready to abandon them :)
  • Options
    heyemzheyemz Posts: 8 New Member
    I can't wait for all the challenges that are going to be created for Sims4. I'll probably start a normal legacy and a regular LP as soon as Sims4 is released but I've always wanted to try the random one and I think that would be fun to do as well, either on screen or off
  • Options
    CatszaCatsza Posts: 72 Member
    I'm kind of new to creating a legacy and telling your own story via the sims, but I have researched about it and found some very interesting challenges I'd like to try. I'd like to ask though, what is a DITFT, and a Choose you own adventure challenge??
  • Options
    Catsza wrote: »
    I'm kind of new to creating a legacy and telling your own story via the sims, but I have researched about it and found some very interesting challenges I'd like to try. I'd like to ask though, what is a DITFT, and a Choose you own adventure challenge??

I've not done the DITFT challenge either - heyemz kindly pointed me in its direction. It stands for Differences in the Family Tree, and you can find the challenge on Angelofafallen's site - it looks a lot of fun, and I'm gonna give it a go with my TS3 simmies.
  • Options
    CatszaCatsza Posts: 72 Member
    edited August 2014
    @loubyloulou ahhh, thank you very much! I will go check it out immediately! :D unfortunately, my TS3 game has been crashing too much after installing several expansion packs, and I don't dare to start a legacy on it, as I'm sure I'm gonna lose my progress at some point. I'm planning to format my pc (it's a bit old) and then have a fresh start with a fresh game! :# can't wait!
  • Options
    Catsza wrote: »
    @loubyloulou ahhh, thank you very much! I will go check it out immediately! :D unfortunately, my TS3 game has been crashing too much after installing several expansion packs, and I don't dare to start a legacy on it, as I'm sure I'm gonna lose my progress at some point. I'm planning to format my pc (it's a bit old) and then have a fresh start with a fresh game! :# can't wait!

You're welcome - hope you enjoy it :)
  • Options
    Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    I have been playing the Random Legacy Challenge with the Sims 3 for a while, it's great cause it really does make you play in different ways and get out of your comfort zone. There is even a roller, which is terrific, here is the link http://randomlegacychallenge.blogspot.com.au/
    I hope to do the same with Sims 4, I sure hope they make one for it
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    Dglbr1969 wrote: »
    I have been playing the Random Legacy Challenge with the Sims 3 for a while, it's great cause it really does make you play in different ways and get out of your comfort zone. There is even a roller, which is terrific, here is the link http://randomlegacychallenge.blogspot.com.au/
    I hope to do the same with Sims 4, I sure hope they make one for it

I love the Random Legacy challenge - such fun :) I really hope the creators do one for TS4 at some point soon!

• Options
    KirstyLKirstyL Posts: 974 Member
    I did some searching on Mod the Sims and it looks like the creator of the Sims 3 Random Legacy is putting together rules for the Sims 4 once they know more about the gameplay.
    imgad2-1.png
  • Options
    Selena14402Selena14402 Posts: 27 Member
    I know Tigger89 IRL and have asked if they're going to remake The Random Legacy Challenge for TS4. Jury's still out but I'll check back if I get a "Yes", "No" or "I'm working on it"!
  • Options
    KirstyL wrote: »
    I did some searching on Mod the Sims and it looks like the creator of the Sims 3 Random Legacy is putting together rules for the Sims 4 once they know more about the gameplay.

Yay!! :D
  • Options
    anaitapevaanaitapeva Posts: 917 Member
    edited September 2014
    I hope to hear about it soon. I rushed my random legacy (got SO stuck at generation 7 because of Full House...) to finish, because my disc broke and I was afraid to never be able to play again...lol Now I'm getting to know sims 4 while waiting for new rules on randomacy. For me it's the best way to play sims! I will miss my sims 3 family so much... made them a blog too keep pictures and memories, if anyone's interested : cookeslegacy.blogspot.com
  • Options
    XxDespairAngelxXXxDespairAngelxX Posts: 144 Member
    I was never able to finish one of these! Hopefully if they post one for the sims 4 I'll be able to play through it.
    Gallery: minimeg1718
  • Options
    ashley247ashley247 Posts: 74 Member
    edited September 2014
    The random legacy challenge rules for the Sims 4 have been posted on Mod the Sims. modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=534066
  • Options
    anaitapevaanaitapeva Posts: 917 Member
    > @ashley247 said:
    > The random legacy challenge rules for the Sims 4 have been posted on Mod the Sims. modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=534066
    Thanks!
  • Options
    RoaneRoane Posts: 204 Member
    I hadn't heard of this sort of challenge. Looks pretty fun! Maybe once I'm done with my Legacy, I'll try it out.
    The Geek Shall Inherit: The Merrigan Family Legacy Challenge -- Visit us on Tumblr.
    Origin ID: Tairgire
  • Options
    ashley247 wrote: »
    The random legacy challenge rules for the Sims 4 have been posted on Mod the Sims. modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=534066

Woot! Thanks very much for posting the link :)

• Options
    TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    I LOVE the random legacy challenge. I don't even own TS4 yet but plan to try it out when I do.
  • Options
    Sims3Fan2009Sims3Fan2009 Posts: 266 Member
    I loved doing the DITFT. I hope that creator makes one for Sims 4 too.
  • Options
    I loved doing the DITFT. I hope that creator makes one for Sims 4 too.

I've heard of this one but haven't tried it yet on my TS3 simmies; plan to at some point :)