Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Difficulty playing more than 1 sim?

I have four sims soon to be 5 in my game play. It's being very overwhelming and not fun to play sometimes. The sims needs get low really fast. Although I love having milestones to reach it really hard for the kids to get good grades in school because of all they have to complete. That's the most difficult task playing multiple sims. They all have these task to complete in order to progress in school and work.

Anyone else feel this way?

Comments

• Options
    sarahzsmylsarahzsmyl Posts: 1,307 Member
    Once my family got so large it was out of control, yes. I did fine on 4 Sims, but 6 was too many (twins) and 8 is driving me bonkers. I've got a smaller family I'm testing to see if it's easier to satisfy wants an aspirations on.
    Origin, Steam, PSN, XBL - FyreFlyeRush

• Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    I can't give an unbiased answer as I've always had trouble controlling more than one sim, lol. :p
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    emilyyyemilyyy Posts: 50 Member
    Beyond 4 or 5 Sims is chaos for me unless I cheat.
  • Options
    StoneNumber7StoneNumber7 Posts: 199 Member
    edited September 2014
    My couple had a boy then twin girls.... kids are B working to A ....the boy teen is A and working on job skills now...if there was still toddlers I would have a baby...but I don't like having too many at one life stage....so going to wait until girls are close to teen ...Also the man just got to the top of his career and he is boring me think I will kick him out and the next baby's daddy will be one that doesn't move in....2-6 sims is where I find the game the most fun...i could do 8 in sims 3 but I had to change the life spans for toddlers and kids so I wouldn't end up with too many teens..
  • Options
    UtaDagdaUtaDagda Posts: 1,556 Member
    When I got to 6 it got harder to manage....It's easier than TS2. In TS2 I was having a hard time with 3 or 4.
    Love The Sims? SIMMERSE YOURSELF. Join our community.
    I gave up singing. Sorry.
    Here have my luchADORE to cheer you up.
    luchad.pngluucha.gif
  • Options
    sarahzsmylsarahzsmyl Posts: 1,307 Member
    I'm also now not even TFB until the baby ages up to Child. Before, I'd TFB right away since there was no toddler stage, but TS4 kids require a LOT of attention. I have it down to a rhythm where needs are concerned, but it means no homework or skill building.
    Origin, Steam, PSN, XBL - FyreFlyeRush

• Options
    meggiewesmeggiewes Posts: 1,066 Member
    I'm having a little bit of trouble sometimes playing my legacy family. When it gets overwhelming, I take the "hands off approach" for some of the sim day and the sims take care of themselves a lot better than when I do it.

It is a challenge sometimes, but for me that is part of the fun.
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    I love the challenge of families. I had a family of five, now four since grandpa died. Keeping them all happy IS the game, as far as I'm concerned.
  • Options
    msphyyymsphyyy Posts: 15 New Member
    im finding 3 hard to manage but I am kind of an idiot.
  • Options
    SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    I have four sims soon to be 5 in my game play. It's being very overwhelming and not fun to play sometimes. The sims needs get low really fast. Although I love having milestones to reach it really hard for the kids to get good grades in school because of all they have to complete. That's the most difficult task playing multiple sims. They all have these task to complete in order to progress in school and work. <br />
    <br />
    Anyone else feel this way?

With a new game I work my way up from easy to more challenging gameplay. Multi-sim households are always the most challenging. If you start out with a single sim household it is easier to learn the game mechanics and find your way around the game. Once you know where everything is and have mastered the UI multi-sim households become easier to play.

Origin ID: Barbara917
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    The twins drove me BONKERS!!! I was very thankful that I could age them up immediately. I always have trouble controlling more than one sim, but I have noticed these sims take better care of themselves then my sims in TS3 did... however, that's not really saying a whole lot either. hahaha

I have never been able to manage my sim's base needs without cheats. I sucked at it in TS3, and I suck at it in TS4. I totally turn off need decay when I'm working on their careers and don't turn it back on until they are finished and have at least the sleeping and eating buffs from aspiration rewards.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    i'm use to playing 32 sims (9 families) in one game, thanks to Sims Freeplay. i think i can handle more in the Sims 4 and since we can switch families their needs gets set on auto pilot which is great for me.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    DesiraiDesirai Posts: 1,058 Member
    I had a family, 2 parents 2 kids and it became stressful for me keeping everyone happy because of work and school I was like AARRGHH and made a single sim to play haha
    What if I told you.. you don't have to have 98723987297 animated GIFs in your signatures!?!??
  • Options
    ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    I had 7 sims because of twins, 2 adopted kids and one child made is CAS from the start. It was crazy... also I ended up playing with aging off because my oldest child wanted to complete the social aspiration - one of the things was make 5 child friends and 3 adult friends and family didn't count!!! So 5 children for soooo many sim days. When I finally fulfilled his aspirations I was so sick of kids I gave the twins to a neighbor, and aged up one of his sisters to young adult so she could move out on her own.
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • Options
    xBlackDragon7xxBlackDragon7x Posts: 173 Member
    i find it difficult past 2 sims so i def need to step my game up & since i do enjoy the game i will get better overtime.
  • Options
    litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    iplay 1 sim, if she gets married her husband has to move out........or die
  • Options
    BESS73BESS73 Posts: 174 Member
    Yep it is too much to have more than 3 I would say. Sims 3 I could manage 12 easily but my first family on sims 4 had 3 children, making 5 sims and it was way to much to cope with. 100 baby challenge will be a complete nightmare lol
  • Options
    BESS73BESS73 Posts: 174 Member
    My latest family I haven't even allowed her to get married, she has had one child and its a lot more fun and stuff with fewer sims.
  • Options
    AywrenAywren Posts: 18 Member
    edited September 2014
    My very first family had twins completely unexpected. It threw me head-first into the game, for sure. I've only had a max of 4 sims at a time, and I agree that children are much more challenging, if you want to keep their grades up. I like that, but when there's more than one child at once, that gets hectic!

One thing I noticed after days of playing that made managing sims easier (people probably know this) - the motives menu actually has buttons you can click. So instead of pausing the game (like I normally do), clicking the fridge, checking to see if there's leftovers to eat... or assigning them something to cook... Just click the Hunger button on the motives menu and off they go, doing all that automatically!

That's a big help for micro-managing. Don't know why I didn't find it sooner!
    tumblr_nblb7yjb3Y1tl7fkco1_400.png
  • Options
    DatkidDatkid Posts: 430 Member
    I enjoy the challenge of managing a big family. I'm doing a legacy challenge currently and so far I've got a husband and wife, two daughters, a son, and another on the way! I'm hoping for twins or triplets lol
    Have a look at my gallery yeah? JUMANJIKID
    ap2le.gif
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Guys if I may ask, why did you start a huge family in a new game?
    Of course it'll be hard to micromanage everything since many things are different from previous games.

I suggest saving that game to bring it back later and "training" yourself with 2-3 sims household first.
  • Options
    RinilexRinilex Posts: 3,048 Member
    It's hard, and after a certain number of sims, it isn't fun. I enjoyed having a big family in TS3 because I liked the feeling of activity in the house, but it's just a burden in this game because of how quickly their needs fall and how much attention they need. They could be left alone in 3.
    Let's assume,for example, you have a legacy, and you've got two parents, maybe one grandparent Sim, and three children/ teenagers and a baby.

The parents need constant watching because you need to
    a) fulfil their whims
    b) attend to the tedious minute tasks needed to meet their aspiration goal and
    c) attend to the tedious minute tasks needed to meet their promotion goals
    The kids need watching because
    a) you have to travel around searching out kids to make friends with
    b) you've got to fulfil their annoying requirements to move up grade or they stay stuck at C or B forever
    c) they have their own annoying little aspiration goal on top of that
    And teens are the same, only you feel obligated to try and find them a partner - and relationships take so long to build up, that needs constant working on as well.

Add in babies, who cry constantly for seemingly no reason and need monitoring at all times or you'll get a warning from social services, as well as needs that decay too quickly (Sims keep waking up in the night for the bathroom, disrupting their sleep, and they don't go back to bed) and normal tasks like eating (my Sims never finish a meal because they talk too much!) and showering taking several decades, and it's so much hassle it stops being fun altogether.
  • Options
    simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    edited September 2014
    In TS3 I never let my # of sims exceed 5. 3 is my favourite number of sims. It may be the best thing for this game as well; at least for starters.
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    ashley247ashley247 Posts: 74 Member
    The game seems hard compared to Sims 3, it reminds me a lot of the difficulty of Sims 2. I was trying to play on normal lifespan but I was struggling to get their aspirations completed and their careers maxed in time. I felt too rushed. So now I am playing casually on the long lifespan and enjoying it a lot more.
  • Options
    proconprocon Posts: 92 Member
    Yeah, I just trashed a family of 5 because it was more drudgework than fun to manage everything. Bummer. Lesson learned I guess, so I'm going to make a loner Sim and start over.