Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else's sim gaining weight?

Comments

• Options
    Blondie50291Blondie50291 Posts: 97 Member
    I've mentioned this in another thread but I think it affects babies as well. With my son he was only fed when he was screaming, and he aged skinny. My
    Daughter though was fed constantly lol, and she's now a chunky little girl. So she now plays on the monkey bars all day long! Lol
    highfive.gif
  • Options
    KylerzmomKylerzmom Posts: 1,074 Member
    While I like the idea behind it all, I feel like it's a tad unrealistic for as fast as they gain. I am hoping they tweek it some to be a little less crazy. I don't mind if a sim is lazy and eats a lot of bad food, but if she is working 8-9 hours a day and only eating 2 meals a day she should not be getting fat. My male sim hasn't gotten fat, he mostly sits on the computer all day and eats 3 meals a day, he has a slight belly, very small, nothing like what she had gone through. Her athletic skill is a 5 now, and I don't know if that is why she hasn't gained again or if it's because I put a treadmill in her livingroom and so she is on it almost every day (her choice).
    You know nothing.
    1cc950bf-a674-44ca-8d69-a234571ea2f5_zps8d6da33b.jpg
  • Options
    DCPuppyGirlDCPuppyGirl Posts: 1,318 Member
    edited September 2014
    My female sim is pregnant right now. She has the foodie trait, so she is always cooking up something.
    5dK3aTu.gif
  • Options
    simmey1simmey1 Posts: 580 Member
    I've mentioned this in another thread but I think it affects babies as well. With my son he was only fed when he was screaming, and he aged skinny. My
    Daughter though was fed constantly lol, and she's now a chunky little girl. So she now plays on the monkey bars all day long! Lol

Ok I noticed this also. I really fed the baby whenever someone would change a diaper. And when the little girl aged up she is a little chunky. I love it , its so cute.
  • Options
    AlourraAlourra Posts: 492 Member
    @SimGuruSemedi - You might want to look at muscle gain. I pumped iron while energized once... she is now Mrs. Hulk.
  • Options
    claritysfclaritysf Posts: 384 Member
    Yes, I'm having this problem too and it's affecting my entire neighborhood. I agree that it's a bit unrealistic how much weight my sim gained. She wasn't eating excessively, only when she was hungry and stopped when she was full. She works in the food industry and is on her feet all day. I just don't understand why she would become overweight so quickly unless she has a problem with her metabolism. She IS a foodie though. Maybe Foodies have a predisposition to be more curvy?

I just used the insta-lean potion and she's been eating salads, jogging more. the weight has stayed off so far :)
    tumblr_mackehc6CQ1qgi6ty.gif
  • Options
    SmithMarshSmithMarsh Posts: 1,057 Member
    We've taken a further look at some of the tuning for how Sims gain weight and came to find that it's a bit aggressive at the moment. For the time being I'd suggest cooking some of the recipes that sound a bit healthier, and hitting that treadmill when you get some free time. :)

Thanks a bunch!

Just an FYI, when my sim did lose the weight by drinking the rewards potion she came back thinner but kinda grotesquely muscled.
  • Options
    Jdavij20033Jdavij20033 Posts: 2,054 Member
    We've taken a further look at some of the tuning for how Sims gain weight and came to find that it's a bit aggressive at the moment. For the time being I'd suggest cooking some of the recipes that sound a bit healthier, and hitting that treadmill when you get some free time. :)

Awww, I don't even like doing this in RL.
    rifJadC.png
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    Much as I hate it, women do tend to put weight on more easily than men, and it's more difficult for them to lose than for men. I don't mind a certain amount of realism in that area, but it's hitting a little too close to home ;-) My Sim just had her baby this morning. I haven't had a chance to check her out for weight gain yet; it wasn't immediately obvious.

Glad to hear that it may get made a little less "aggressive." I hate making my Sims exercise as much as I hate exercising myself ;-)
  • Options
    DrGorillaDrGorilla Posts: 253 Member
    I noticed that my aging men were getting really rotund while my aging women weren't. Then I noticed that the men were mostly eating chips while the women were eating actual food. It's too late for the men, so I changed their wardrobes and left it at that. Second generation will be doing a lot of working out.
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    I think they actually point to their stomachs every time they gain or lose weight to let you know.
  • Options
    KylerzmomKylerzmom Posts: 1,074 Member

Thanks for taking notice!!!
    You know nothing.
    1cc950bf-a674-44ca-8d69-a234571ea2f5_zps8d6da33b.jpg
  • Options
    katyasmnvkatyasmnv Posts: 103 Member
    My sim gained a lot of weight but did so very gradually. I didn't even notice at first! I started doubting myself on whether I made her like this or she actually did gain a bit. After I started paying close attention, it was established that she did indeed put on some weight. Then she got pregnant and became huge lol She was struggling to get back in shape, so I gave her The Lean Potion. Only then did I realize just how much she's changed since I made her!!! WOW Awesome! She is not a foodie, only ate when she needed btw. She is a writer so she sits a lot, not sure if it affects things in anyway though.
  • Options
    ashley247ashley247 Posts: 74 Member
    edited September 2014
    I love that Sims can gain weight overtime from eating certain foods and not exercising! I was playing the Pancake family and Eliza was gaining a lot of weight after she had a baby. It was gradual but now she is really big. I have been having her run on the treadmill for a few days so far and only have seen a slight improvement. I might have to give her the lean potion. :D
  • Options
    dappyduckdappyduck Posts: 4 New Member
    You are not alone. They do gain weight if you don't take them out jogging or to the gym. Also, in my game Andre DaSilva had a kid who ended up marrying Cassandra Goth. His name is Nathan and I made him a gourmet chef...well I was having too much fun with the cake recipes and they all ate it for almost every meal and everybody in the house is a little on the pudgy side. Also Cassandra was the thinnest in the house (turns out she is a very thin adult) and since her second pregnancy she has become a little curvy. I'm not sure but I think pregnancy affects them too once they give birth. Also, Andre and his wife who were both pretty fit were huuuuuge by the time they became elders. Age probably has something to do with this as well because they seemed to gain most of their weight as full blown Adults.
  • Options
    meggiewesmeggiewes Posts: 1,066 Member

I hope you guys don't adjust it too much if you end up tweaking it. I would hate for it to take ages for a sim to gain weight like it was in TS2 and TS3.
  • Options
    simmey1simmey1 Posts: 580 Member
    I fed my baby way to much and when she aged up to child she is a little chubby, so cute.
  • Options
    katyasmnvkatyasmnv Posts: 103 Member
    I also wonder if they gain weight differently from one another? Meaning, my Sim mostly gained weight around her hips. She looked pear shaped :) How did yours look like?
  • Options
    KaylyRedKaylyRed Posts: 309 Member
    I noticed that my Sim seemed to gain weight faster after having a baby. A little too close to real life, if you ask me. lol
    Download the Americana Series! Sears catalog kit homes and more from 20thCentury America. Additional manors and community builds in my Showcase Thread.| Origin ID: KaylyRed

• Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    I hope "work out" isn't just general in TS4. I want the treadmill to be for weight and the weights to be for muscle still.

I wanna keep my male Sim swole but not ripped.
  • Options
    ElyssandarielElyssandariel Posts: 556 Member
    I hope men start to gain weight at the same rate as women do. My Fox sim eats all the time, he's a glutton, and he's stick thin. Make women slow down a bit, but up the men. They deserve some pudge. Thanks Graham for looking into this.
    tumblr_inline_mw78cm2WhN1qajk9h.gif
    Thicker Than Thieves: A sim legacy story

• Options
    Blondie50291Blondie50291 Posts: 97 Member
    simmey1 wrote: »

Ok I noticed this also. I really fed the baby whenever someone would change a diaper. And when the little girl aged up she is a little chunky. I love it , its so cute.

Lol I agree. She's adorable, my little chunky monkey. I prop will not feed the next baby so much :wink:
    highfive.gif
  • Options
    LightestsLightests Posts: 853 Member
    thats good to know
    gonna only feed them when they cry from now on
    tumblr_n4lzmoWGk41s7cn3go1_400.gif