Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Save Your Money

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    nelnel76nelnel76 Posts: 92 Member
    > @Rinilex said:
    > nelnel76 wrote: »
    >
    > this game is basically an update of The Sims Freeplay on mobile and the facebook version of the game combined. the best thing is the new way they socialize and interact with each other. Everything else as far as going to work having kids is basically like what you do and how they act in the mobile. Other than the new way they interact and the new controls added to CAS. Sims 3 wins hands down.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Wow, someone actually agrees.
    >
    > This game reminded me so much of Freeplay it made me uncomfortable.

Yes it is like the PC version of Freeplay for real i felt slapped in the face
  • Options
    sarahzsmylsarahzsmyl Posts: 1,307 Member
    nelnel76 wrote: »
    i played on and off thru out yesterday and last night because i watched a full 24 hour stream on twitch.tv and wanted to give it a chance before i posted my opinion. after playing about an hour today...its just missing something idk what
    LOL...Expansions, Custom Content, Mods, Stuff Packs....

Origin, Steam, PSN, XBL - FyreFlyeRush

• Options
    OnewithwingsOnewithwings Posts: 56 Member
    There are a few great new features on this game, but Sims 3 did have better customization, and I wish they would have kept it. My favorite part of the game has always been building houses, which seems to be slightly improved in TS4.
  • Options
    > @gamekitten said:
    > Atomicus wrote: »
    >
    > I'm very happy paying £84.99 (about $140) for the Collector's Edition and now it will be worth every penny spent. :grinning:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > And I am happy my fiancé and I dumped 300 dollars into Archeage. It isn't I can't afford it. It is EA hasn't given me a reason to spend that much money on this game and the reviews are more negative than good at this time.
    >
    > Can't stop the fiancé from buying it, but for me it still is a no go. The game for me is not worth the price.

i alwasy preorder everything Sims and get the collectors edition this and i think the katy perry EP for Sims 3 is the first time I didnt preorder or get the collector's edition.
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    ts3seml wrote: »
    I like it. I think it is a pretty solid game. There are some things that I don't love and things I think should have been added to the base game. Cameras, toddlers, more venues, grocery stores/book stores, restaurants, a wedding hall to name a few. But, even without those things, I'm really enjoying it.
    In those pre-done room there is a wedding room you could just frame it in or just plunk it into a park!
  • Options
    SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    nelnel76 wrote: »
    i mean its kind of my fault for having high expectations i guess

Nope don't do that to yourself. Opinions like this are needed because it tones the hype and helps those who are on the fence. Sims 4 has a learning curve for me. It took 3 hours of game play before I started to have fun with it. So I totally get you. My expectations were really high so at first I was let down. I had to really dig into my simming past to remember how to get over the disappointment and start exploring the game options.
  • Options
    > @kovu0207 said:
    >
    > this game is basically an update of The Sims Freeplay on mobile and the facebook version of the game combined.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Apart from sims freeplay has toddlers and both of those have pools.
    >
    > I honestly think the game looks promising, but in my opinion it's just too expensive considering how much is missing.

you right Sims Freeplay does still have toddlers so it may officially have more lol
  • Options
    > @SikoahGrace said:
    >
    > i mean its kind of my fault for having high expectations i guess
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Nope don't do that to yourself. Opinions like this are needed because it tones the hype and helps those who are on the fence. Sims 4 has a learning curve for me. It took 3 hours of game play before I started to have fun with it. So I totally get you. My expectations were really high so at first I was let down. I had to really dig into my simming past to remember how to get over the disappointment and start exploring the game options.

thanks for this reply..i am going to take that advice and approach and dig deep..lol my husband said its paid for so I better pray about it and get to playing and dont waste his $65 bucks.. im going to watching people play live still on twitch.tv for more motivation
  • Options
    > @sarahzsmyl said:
    >
    > i played on and off thru out yesterday and last night because i watched a full 24 hour stream on twitch.tv and wanted to give it a chance before i posted my opinion. after playing about an hour today...its just missing something idk what
    >
    >
    >
    > LOL...Expansions, Custom Content, Mods, Stuff Packs....

ROTFLMBO thats probably just it lol
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    by the way i watch the sarahgracie or ulgiestpieceofbread n Lcperkgirl shes my fave but shes off sleeping right now because she did a 24 hr live showing twitch.tv
  • Options
    BlackRose09BlackRose09 Posts: 447 Member
    Agree with OP, save your money. Wait until a few more EPs come out, or bundle base and EP and get it. I just feel this game needs a bit more things to make it a bit better.
  • Options
    ivescarlaivescarla Posts: 55 Member
    Some people like it, some really don't. I don't think you should tell other people that they shouldn't buy it. I have read a lot of positive things as well, so please, don't act like the game is all bad.
  • Options
    ChrisOldfieldChrisOldfield Posts: 140 Member
    Well I bought the game and am enjoying it a lot. However to be honest I would never even consider it if I had functional copy of the Sims 3. But with all the memory leaks and other bugs I can't get it to run correctly at all, and I am jsut sick to death of trying after months on end.

So if you are like me, it might be worth the money, but I have heard from those who do not have those problems with Sims 3 at all, and to them I say in that case, there is no need to bother with this.
  • Options
    SilkymoonjSilkymoonj Posts: 11 New Member
    @Blackrose09 love your avatar!
  • Options
    Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    tumblr_lxxb81c33Z1r0sljq.gif

Why do you consider this person a troll? Because he has a different opinion about the game does not make him a troll. Just because you may like it doesn't mean everybody else does. I think you are the troll.
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • Options
    almondalmond Posts: 153 Member
    Happily spent the $63-64 it was for the game. ;)
  • Options
    DrusillaDrusilla Posts: 155 Member
    I bought the base game for $35, so I am super happy! I am loving it, although I do have my complaints as well. I may actually buy expasions for this one. I only bought the Sims 3 base game - no expansions. Sims 1 and 2 were my favorite and I had numerous expansions!
  • Options
    ivescarla wrote: »
    Some people like it, some really don't. I don't think you should tell other people that they shouldn't buy it. I have read a lot of positive things as well, so please, don't act like the game is all bad.[/quot

maybe reread the comments i didnt tell anyone to not buy period i said if you have other priorities and dont really have to money right now then you should wait before you buy. save your money. dont stress over it because you think your missing the best thing sims . imo its not a must have like the sims 2 or the sims 3 they both were big awesome and brought that shock and awe
  • Options
    BlackRose09BlackRose09 Posts: 447 Member
    Silkymoonj wrote: »
    @Blackrose09 love your avatar!

Lol, thank you. Lots of people are liking it. I made it myself.
  • Options
    DimitraGDimitraG Posts: 136 Member
    Drusilla wrote: »
    I bought the base game for $35, so I am super happy! I am loving it, although I do have my complaints as well. I may actually buy expasions for this one. I only bought the Sims 3 base game - no expansions. Sims 1 and 2 were my favorite and I had numerous expansions!

Wait, which base game are you talking about? Sims 3 i will assume?
    Isn't the sims 4 base game about 60 bucks right now? :/
    2sam69h.jpg
  • Options
    mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    Maybe I'll wait until Black Friday and then get it cheaper. I can't see spending $70 on a base game and
    then the expansion packs will probably be $70 each. What ever happened to $39.99?
  • Options
    VoliasVolias Posts: 60 Member
    edited September 2014
    It's not perfect, but I'm enjoying it for what it is currently. Would I say the TS3 is better? In overall content, yeah, as it should be! I would have said the same thing about TS2 when TS3 first released. They took out things in TS3 and put them back in later, same will end up happening here. I miss the missing features as well, but I do enjoy the potential a lot of the new elements of TS4 bring to the table and what could come in the future as well.

It's really about what works for you best though. I can live without the open world as I found it feeling very empty at times(why have all the space and not use most of it). I would have probably liked it better if we could have still moved around the current world, but I'll take what looks like more active lots over that because I enjoy the interaction.

The rest of the content that's in TS3 I won't comment on because most of it wasn't in TS3 at release either. I'll let TS4 get some EP's under it's belt before I start making that comparison

EDIT:
    mlnov39 wrote: »
    Maybe I'll wait until Black Friday and then get it cheaper. I can't see spending $70 on a base game and
    then the expansion packs will probably be $70 each. What ever happened to $39.99?

I would definitely doubt they make the EP's $60-70. That would be a deal breaker for me.

• Options
    DCPuppyGirlDCPuppyGirl Posts: 1,318 Member
    Too late for that!
    5dK3aTu.gif