Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are your thoughts on Sims 4 so far?

I'm curious to see what everyone who has it thinks of the game! I don't get the game until Thursday.
Aussie_Simmer

Comments

• Options
    sddormesddorme Posts: 269 Member
    Been playing for four hours and really enjoy it

It's really interesting and in-depth. There's a lot to do socially, and it runs REALLY smoothly even on high graphics
    _sidebar7.gif
  • Options
    AlorapopAlorapop Posts: 903 Member
    Do not have it til the morning. :-(
    tumblr_mvvt2iJ33k1slamnjo1_400.gif
  • Options
    Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    Alorapop wrote: »
    Do not have it til the morning. :-(

Are you in Australia?
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Options
    pattyheartpattyheart Posts: 284 Member
    edited September 2014
    As with anything new there is a learning curve. I had fun just poking about and discovering how the game operates. It is different from the previous games and some aspects remind me of My SIms . Taking some getting used to. The Sims social interactions are well done. These Sims feel more expressive , complex and complete. I have played and explored the game for a total of about three hours and appreciate that it is different. This will make playing TS2, TS3 and TS4 in turn even more interesting. I wanted a new, unique Sims game - which this definitely is. Like anything else Sims 4 will not be every gamers cuppa tea. I do not regret having purchased the new game. Perfect in every way? No. Fun to play and enjoyable to look at? Yes!
    My Origin ID is PattyHeart <3 Find me at Twitter as animatedword <3
  • Options
    sddorme wrote: »
    Been playing for four hours and really enjoy it

It's really interesting and in-depth. There's a lot to do socially, and it runs REALLY smoothly even on high graphics

I can't wait to play it! :D
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Options
    pattyheart wrote: »
    As with anything new there is a learning curve. I had fun just poking about and discovering how the game operates. It is different from the previous games and some aspects remind me of My SIms . Taking some getting used to. The Sims social interactions are well done. These Sims feel more expressive , complex and complete. I have played and explored the game for a total of about three hours and appreciate that it is different. This will make playing TS2, TS3 and TS4 even more interesting. I wanted a new, unique Sims game - which this definitely is. Like anything else Sims 4 will not be every gamers cuppa tea. I do not regret having purchased the new game. Perfect in every way? No. Fun to play and enjoyable to look at? Yes!

That's good! :D I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Aussie_Simmer
  • Options
    keyb0xkeyb0x Posts: 1,641 Member
    It's a solid base of a Sims game. Good feelings mostly.
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    I enjoy it immensely. The game is incredible, and I can already tell there is no going back to TS3 for me. I haven't run into a single thing that has given me an issue. I'm in love!
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    DrGorillaDrGorilla Posts: 253 Member
    I've already logged 10 hours into the game. Watching my Sims is really enjoyable because they behave in a bit more of a nuanced manner than they did in earlier games. I gave one an aspiration granting Gregarious with the traits Hot Headed, Mean, and Snob to emulate an old friend of mine and, so far, the dichotomy between wanting to have and maintain lots of friends and randomly chewing them out has been very true to life; it's nostalgic watching this Sim.

The game is fun and a solid foundation. I'm glad to be back into the Sims again with this one.
  • Options
    ChainChain Posts: 126 Member
    I am not missing the open town nearly as much as I thought I would.

Careers are more detailed than I thought they would be, which is positive!

Some Simmers have been complaining about clipping, but I'd much rather have that than the routing issues if I have to choose.

There are a few, little graphics bugs. Hopefully those get sorted.

All in all I am pleasantly surprised, but my mind isn't blown. That may or may not change when my first generation has his baby, though ;)
  • Options
    pc452000pc452000 Posts: 347 Member
    edited September 2014
    Check out my Twitter feed for recently uploaded TS4 pictures...
    I do LOVE the new engine of TS4, just need to get used to More Load Screens..
    *EDIT* The whole Nothing available to do while sims are at work is Kind of annoying..

https://twitter.com/Johnny5clowna

Huge Sim Fanatic
  • Options
    I should mention and forgot -- career advancement this time is much lengthier and more demanding. Definitely enjoying that aspect of it. Also, my bills are beginning to balloon to incredible amounts. Manageable, but it forces me to be careful with my spending. Don't miss open town at all and like the look of my little cul-de-sac. There's even a beaten-down path that I'm noticing a lot of Sims taking as a "shortcut" through the neighbourhood.
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    I was a little stressed out in the game as I had my sim romance "The Don" lol. I couldn't help it! Lothario is legendary. hahaha Anyway, they got frisky and my sim ended up pregnant. No biggie, the trouble came when she had the baby... which turned into babies! Oh yes, she had twins. I have forgotten how much of a pain in the butt it is to legitimately take care of your sim's needs, twins needs, and still try to accomplish something fun for your sim skill wise. hahaha I am so used to cheating my way through the game that I got a little testy until I realized the cradles come with the option to age your babies up immediately. THANK YOU SIM TEAM!!!

Young children have awesome interactions now. I was very impressed by the musical instruments for kids. No longer do I have to wait for my children to grow into teens to max their music talents. Children aren't as limited as they were in TS3 in regards to caps on their skill trees. They have their own aspirations to fulfill for their childhood lifespan as well. They're a lot more interesting and responsive.

I could go on for hours about the gardening, how fluid the game is, how pregnancy is not such a burdensome pain in my bootie now, but I'm about to face plant into my pillow if I don't go to sleep soon, so I'll just say this.

I have had so much fun in this game tonight, that I'm extremely annoyed at how much trolling this game release has endured. My single consolation in that regard, though, is that I know they're missing out on a great sim installment... and boy does that ever make me smile. lol
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    That's great!
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Options
    MisterZorinMisterZorin Posts: 2 New Member
    I've played it a couple of hours yesterday. My first impression is actually really good.

- The game runs very smooth on my PC, 60 fps on Ultra settings. + load and save times are much shorter. Graphics look great!
    - The new UI looks amazing. It's much easier to find a certain object in Build mode.
    - I like the new possibilities in Build mode. There are TONS of new options to create unique houses. And the controls are easy.
    - Multitasking is amazing. This is a big improvement. My Sims feel more human because of this. It's very cool to see them talking while they're playing games for example. Though they tend to change (seating) positions a lot when they're in a conversation, which is kinda annoying.
    - Emotions are awesome! Again, a huge improvement. Now you actually notice that your Sim is angry, sad, emotional and so forth. It's so much fun to see you're Sim hiding in his bed when he's embarrassed. Again, they feel more like humans.
    - Public places are fun! I never really like public places in The Sims 3, because they were kinda chaotic. In The Sims 4 this changed a lot. It's a lot of fun to go to the gym and talk to other Sims during your workout. And I like that when you're sitting in the bar talking to another Sim, other Sims can join the conversation.
    - Promotions. Even though the new careers are not really my thing I do like the new system. You have to complete certain tasks to get a promotion. When you actually get a promotion you'll also receive a gift like a new PC when you're a blogger.
    - The world is beautiful. Yes, we don't have an open world like in The Sims 3 anymore. But because of this the game runs very smooth. And the world looks much nicer now. My Sim was eating in the backyard yesterday and the view was amazing. I could see a fast food restaurant and a highway and beautiful hills. Really nice.

So far great impressions. It really feels like a new Sim game and it's a very solid base game!

What I don't like so far are the careers. It's cool to be an astronaut but not very realistic. I miss the business, medical, political, law enforcement careers and so forth. I'm don't understand why the developers removed those.

Maybe my opinion will change after playing it again later today, but for now I'm impressed. Yes, they removed some big things like pools and toddlers, and I'm not happy about that but they've added many new cool things.

Compliments to the developers and everyone else that worked on this great game!
  • Options
    RockDeskRockDesk Posts: 96 Member
    What are the load screens like? That's the part that concerns me the most. I don't have a super duper computer that's really fast (nor is it super slow, just standard).
  • Options
    RockDesk wrote: »
    What are the load screens like? That's the part that concerns me the most. I don't have a super duper computer that's really fast (nor is it super slow, just standard).

My computer is decidedly mid-range for gaming and I'm running this on Ultra with loading screens that are, at worst, 11 seconds long, and typically much faster than that. I haven't found the loading screens to be a problem.
  • Options
    RockDeskRockDesk Posts: 96 Member
    Oh that's good. I had thoughts of sitting watching a load screen every time I wanted to go somewhere!
  • Options
    dnmartyndnmartyn Posts: 282 Member
    I have played for about 5 hours now.

Overall, I am really enjoying it.

Currently , I am playing a single sim. Moved her in to an empty lot, and made a wee starter house. I made it a little too big at first, which would have left her with no money, but it was easy to resize it to recover some funds.

I love gardening in game,so she's a gardener. I tried at first to have her be employed, but just like before it takes up so much time to garden that she had no time for fun or social. So now she is unemployed. Looks like it will be viable to support yourself gardening though, which is good. There's no $20 apples, but you seem to get more from harvesting a single plant, which adds up. On a funy note, since she is unemplyed, onbe of her options when talking to people is often "lie about career".

I have her up to level 4 gardening so far, I did buy some of the starter seeds at the beginning, but I found a lot of my new plants by wandering the neighborhood and park.

Love the populated world. No matter where I go, there seem to be a fair number of sims around. I have had random sims come to chat with mine while she is working in her backyard, which was fun. If I'm in a community lot, the townie and umplayed household sims seem to prefer to chat in groups, which I know they have done before, but it feels better somehow. I have run into the Goths and Bob Pancake, and chatted a bit. No sign of Amber yet, though, lol.

Love the animations while cooking. When she makes a "mistake" (dropping the salt shaker in the bowl, etc) she looks around like she is making sure no one caught it. And I loved that when she was cooking with a friend over, they kept talking while she was cooking.

There are some open park areas in my little neighborhood I can get to without having to travel, but when I do want to go to another neighborhood, the loading screens move pretty fast. Fully open world is cool, but given the lag it caused in game, I am good with the short screens when changing areas.

On the downside, I don't really like the flat terrain. I haven't had any sims walk through each other yet, but I have noticed a fair amount of clipping with things like arms on armrests of chairs, etc.

So, my 2 cents in a nutshell is that I really like the game, and I am looking forward to exploring it more fully.
  • Options
    glompingcowglompingcow Posts: 45 Member
    edited September 2014
    Okay, I would love to share my thoughts on the game, but apparently the forum is not agreeing with me as well as the game is :P I'll try again in the morning. Short version: Love it
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    My first impressions are good. I'm having a blast with the new game.
    -The graphics are amazing...very beautiful lots.
    -I also like that the community lots are fully populated. It makes making friends, so much easier. The multi-tasking is pretty cool....my Sim was on the treadmill, watching TV and having a group conversation (I was able to raise athletic/cooking at the same time).
    -The baby being in the crib worked well for my game; I thought I might miss the Sims 3 babies, but I don't. The baby still cries, and needs attention, & social worker will still come if you neglect it.
    - The parties are better, than in other Sim games. I especially like the dinner party. With the multi-tasking, it was fun to see how they interact.
    -The load screens were very fast on my computer. Not as big of a deal as I thought it would be.
    -I like the group outings. Very easy to travel with a group of people to an outing

OK now for my dislikes
    -I totally miss cars, school buses, carpool, etc. Walking off the edge to go to work, annoys me. So disappointing, considering cars were in Sims 2 and even PS3/Xbox Console games.
    -It doesn't seem like there's enough community lots. I kept looking for a diner or some place to grab food.

**Overall, for me, it's a good game. It's totally outside of the 'Sims norm', and is very unique.
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Thank you everybody for leaving your thoughts and impressions of the game I enjoyed reading your comments :D
  • Options
    ashley247ashley247 Posts: 74 Member
    edited September 2014
    I'm really enjoying the game so far. I started playing the Pancake family first instead of creating my own family and I am having a lot of fun! I actually am enjoying this game more than I did with the Sims 3 base game! It seems like there is more conversation options than even Sims 3 has after all expansion packs...which is impressive considering it is just a base game. :)
  • Options
    WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    Enjoying the game and learning as I go.

Find it hilarious that there's a loading screen just to visit your next door neighbor and mentioned in another post that a few doors don't have color swatches.

Also haven't ran into any glitches yet but others have.

• Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    I'm already a little bored.... :#
    He/Him