Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Deluxe Or limited edition?

ยซ1
I am finally getting ready to pre order the game but am unsure if the extra $10.00 is worth the Deluxe. Anyone have thoughts on this? Are the hats and the Bar really worth the price difference, or do you get more that I don't know about.

Any help with this will be greately appreciatred.

Comments

• Options
    nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member
    I forked over the extra $10. The hats look cute, and the bar and dance thing will look great in my sims home!
    tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • Options
    Billysim143Billysim143 Posts: 968 Member
    I forked over the extra $10. The hats look cute, and the bar and dance thing will look great in my sims home!

Thanks for letting me know that.
  • Options
    XOBABEXO3XOBABEXO3 Posts: 350 Member
    Limited for me! I think the hats look ridiculous and I couldn't see myself spending more money for a few extra items I'll probably only use a few times.
  • Options
    RoorenSamaRoorenSama Posts: 82 Member
    I guess it depends on if you have a use for the extra hats and bar.
    Personally, I don't so I didn't go for the extra ten, but if you think it's worth it you should go for it! It could mean extra fun in your playing experience. ' v '
    โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ
    Tumblr | Instagram
    โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ
  • Options
    CharlieKatCharlieKat Posts: 79 Member
    I went ahead with the extra $10 for the stuff, I thought it all looked cute and you never know when you need an animal hat!
    Name on the Gallery is Charlesia
  • Options
    Billysim143Billysim143 Posts: 968 Member
    Limited for me! I think the hats look ridiculous and I couldn't see myself spending more money for a few extra items I'll probably only use a few times.

Thats kind of what I was thinking. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't forgetting about something that I might have missed.

• Options
    xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    It depends on you. I got the limited because I'd probably never wear those hats (the Sims 3 had some animal hats I never touched) and they haven't shared pictures of the party costumes or the other content soooOo I don't think I'd miss out on much. I read somewhere you get new recipes, but they should advertise more what exactly is in the deluxe edition.
    ~*~ โค๏ธ Will and Holly Sappy Love Story โค๏ธ
  • Options
    Gtompkins48Gtompkins48 Posts: 477 Member
    I'm getting the basic edition. Their lucky I'm even doing that
  • Options
    joop123joop123 Posts: 1,616 Member
    im getting collectors :)
    โ€ขNew Zealand
    โ€ขCollectors Edition + Headset
    Story behind my username: it's a unisex spray, when i made my account i couldn't think of anything so i chose that :P

Sims%2Bseries%2B%28512x146%29.jpgSims4SpinningBlumbot.gif

• Options
    blam987blam987 Posts: 462 Member
    Limited for me! I don't think I would ever use the hats or anything else they were offering in the other edition. I didn't think it was worth the extra 10 dollars lol
    oa8abb.gif
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited August 2014
    Here is a chart listing all of the things and a closer look at some of the extra content:
    14245271558_9c26f351b3.jpg
    9848121193_cdfd07f19a.jpg
    9848120823_16a39fa746.jpg
    via http://simsvip.com/2013/05/07/the-sims-4-fact-sheet/

Limited Edition:
    Life of the Party Digital Content

Digital Deluxe:
    Life of the Party Digital Content, Up All Night Digital Content, Awesome Animal Hats Digital Content, and The Sims 4 Digital Soundtrack

I'm not sure but I don't think there is going to be an Origin Exclusive.
    Post edited by SimplyJen on
    i7-13700K โ€ข 16GB โ€ข RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    I ordered Premium; for the price of a Big mac combo I got the extra stuff

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    allisoneg02allisoneg02 Posts: 2,870 Member
    I got deluxe.. the thing I wanted the most was the new parties and recipes. I love the cooking skill so I gotta have them!! lol
    - Check out my youtube channel and my sims 4 legacy on tumblr-
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I'm getting when time comes Premium Edition, but I don't want the Soundtrack or Creators Booklet thing, I would get the Digital Deluxe but it's only for Origin and i don't have a Credit Card or anything.
    14245271558_9c26f351b3.jpg
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    stewielover1992stewielover1992 Posts: 308 Member
    I went with the digital deluxe since I got it for 45 bucks.

Here is what it comes with:
    • Up All Night Digital Content: Features the Laser Light Show, new parties, outfits, decorations, and recipes.
    • Life of the Party Digital Content: Features the Flaming Tiki Bar and spectacular party costumes.
    • Sound Track
    • Animal Hats
  • Options
    ashley247ashley247 Posts: 74 Member
    edited August 2014
    I got the limited edition. I didn't think I'd ever use those hats, and wasn't going to use the soundtrack either. They also haven't shown any pictures of the content such as the costumes so figured I would just get the limited edition. The Up All Night content pack will probably be sold as a separate upgrade after release anyway for those who decide they want it later.
  • Options
    avidon3avidon3 Posts: 419 Member
    I'll probably go for the Deluxe. I'm willing to pay the extra 10.00 just for the recipes. I just hope there are more than just two. I'd hate to pay five dollars a recipe.
    B)
  • Options
    camman1995camman1995 Posts: 900 Member
    I went with the digital deluxe since I got it for 45 bucks.

What? How? Where? Are we talking US dollars?
  • Options
    fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    Limited. The Digital Deluxe isn't that great and you get the first DLC anyways for preordering. Definitely not worth the extra money.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    When I started out with the Sims 3, I bought individual items at first and then realized that even though I may not like some of it, that it might be nice to make sims that do. I soon found myself buying whole sets and having to go back and finish stuff with Dailey Deals ect.

For this reason, I decided to get the Digital Deluxe. It is $10, but what if the hats come in handy for Halloween and the light thingy is really cool and can be used for several things? When you look at it another way, it is only $10. I felt over the years that it would be worth it.

Also, if you look above at the carton(6 posts up) that has the info on it that it also includes new recipes, parties, and decorations. I didn't even realize that. Really excited. I think it is really worth it.
  • Options
    quasha81388quasha81388 Posts: 255 Member
    limited addition for me ... dont need the sound track and those hats are not worth it to me

that 10 can be saved in a jar for the next EP with way more content
  • Options
    MariposahMariposah Posts: 249 Member
    Limited as well. I don't want to give them more money considering what's left out.
    TS4-Signature.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiraehd
  • Options
    MariposahMariposah Posts: 249 Member
    edited August 2014
    I'm getting when time comes Premium Edition, but I don't want the Soundtrack or Creators Booklet thing, I would get the Digital Deluxe but it's only for Origin and i don't have a Credit Card or anything.

You can buy EA cards at game shops and places like Best Buy. Cash turns into a gift card which you can then apply to your origin account and buy stuff. After my account got hacked and someone from Rusia bought a whole bunch of stuff for FIFA (which I don't play) I no longer trust EA with my CC info. It took them a month to give me all the refunds.
    TS4-Signature.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiraehd
  • Options
    iamjacks_br0kenheartiamjacks_br0kenheart Posts: 135 Member
    Honestly, I don't need a flaming tiki-bar and some grade-school animal hats to throw a party. Because my sims like to PARTY HARD. Yeah!!
    Origin ID: honeynut135
    2qxq5qd.jpg
  • Options
    nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member
    Hehe well one of my planned sim kids, is a nature lover, so yeah I will probably have her wear an animal hat from time to time. But the tiki bar and the dance thing, they come with more party clothes, and recipes. So yeah, pretty worth it for me.
    tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.