Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Preload the Sims 4

Comments

• Options
    ashley247ashley247 Posts: 74 Member
    I had the physical premium edition preordered but decided to cancel it and get the digital version through Origin instead. My game says it will be available at 11pm Sept 1st. :D
  • Options
    RadprofileRadprofile Posts: 161 Member
    Eh, about this, it's could be a good idea uninstall the demo before try to add the actual game? and what about the sims created? is there a way to just get them (files) without use the gallery?
  • Options
    Simmerd80Simmerd80 Posts: 2,316 Member
    Well I cancelled my amazon order and preordered the digital deluxe copy. Says it will be available at midnight. I think this was a better decision for me, that way when I do play, I won't have to wait long. I live a pretty busy schedule, so if I can just load it up on release day and play a few hours, that will cut the downtime of installing. Small benefit, but we will give it a try this one time. This is my first time doing a digital copy of a game. I usually only get physical copies, but I now have boxes of Sims 2 and Sims 3 just taking up space. Thanks for all the responses everyone! Appreciate it! <3
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    Simmerd80 wrote: »
    Well I cancelled my amazon order and preordered the digital deluxe copy. Says it will be available at midnight. I think this was a better decision for me, that way when I do play, I won't have to wait long. I live a pretty busy schedule, so if I can just load it up on release day and play a few hours, that will cut the downtime of installing. Small benefit, but we will give it a try this one time. This is my first time doing a digital copy of a game. I usually only get physical copies, but I now have boxes of Sims 2 and Sims 3 just taking up space. Thanks for all the responses everyone! Appreciate it! <3

You should actually be able to preload starting tomorrow so it can be mostly ready to go for Sept 2 and then you can open it up whenever you're ready and be able to play pretty quickly.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    mpatty02mpatty02 Posts: 480 Member
    I just made the decision that I was okay with preordering from Amazon, because I've never done digital download. Now that I'm reading this, I want to cry a little! LOL. I didn't realize if I did digital download I would be able to play earlier...although that only makes sense.
  • Options
    BWpunisherBWpunisher Posts: 169 Member
    mpatty02 wrote: »
    I just made the decision that I was okay with preordering from Amazon, because I've never done digital download. Now that I'm reading this, I want to cry a little! LOL. I didn't realize if I did digital download I would be able to play earlier...although that only makes sense.

Amazon doesn't charge you until they actually start to ship. You can probably still cancel your order on there and get it off Origin.

You would play sooner if you get it off Origin because:
    1) You can pre-load the majority of the game on August 29th (today) so that on release day, you need only download a small bit of the game and unlock it;
    2) The unlock would be at midnight so you would actually be playing September 1st though it would technically be September 2nd once midnight hits. Mine actually says it will unlock September 1st at 9 p.m; and
    3) Monday is Labour Day so that could delay shipping and you may not get it early or as planned on release.

If you prefer physical copies, stay with Amazon but if you do not care and just want the game sooner, I'd go with Origin.
  • Options
    XaneritheXanerithe Posts: 275 Member
    When I highlight TS4 in Origin, it says the game will be available September 1st @ 9:00 PM. I take it that is when I'll be able to play I think.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Xanerithe wrote: »
    When I highlight TS4 in Origin, it says the game will be available September 1st @ 9:00 PM. I take it that is when I'll be able to play I think.

Yup. Says the same thing for me. Are you on the east coast or the west? I am on the east coast and it says that for me. I am thinking once it gets closer to release, it will change accordingly for me to midnight of the 2nd. I think Origin thinks I am on the west coast.

Who knows. But yes, "available to play" is when the game will be unlocked to play.
  • Options
    Xanerithe wrote: »
    Are you eastern time?
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    ebuchala wrote: »
    Tomorrow, August 29th, at a certain time you can pre-load the game. Download it and have it ready to play on September 1st/September 2nd (Depending on your time-zone). For me, I will be able to play September 1st at 11PM 1 hour before the second. :P Preloading the game is just so you can get the downloading/installing done, but you will not be able to "push play", until the time/date it says on Origin. :)

Not that people won't be trying it out. smiley-face-whistle-2.gif

Oh, I'll be trying it out too ... :P I mean... it'll be so tempting and it is there.. you never know.. maybe Origin makes an accidental mistake and let's us all play... early. *Pokes MyGames Page* You know you want to goof up, Origin!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Nah, there's no way EA will goof and Origin will let us unlock it early.

Now it were Sony....different story. Sony goofed so hard last year and released the GTA V PSN pre-load a month before release. Lulz. Still lol about that. Even still, hard as people tried they could not get it to play before release. But they were able to poke around the games files.
  • Options
    Alright, it's happening. I'm canceling with Amazon, and switching to Origin. I'm a little nervous about the digital download, but I'm pumped up about getting to play earlier!
  • Options
    mpatty02 wrote: »
    Alright, it's happening. I'm canceling with Amazon, and switching to Origin. I'm a little nervous about the digital download, but I'm pumped up about getting to play earlier!

Nothing to worry about.

I have been buying my games digital primarily, since 2009, off Steam. I pre-ordered all the Sims 3 expansions on Origin. EA's servers are pretty good and I don't recall a release being anything but smooth for me. Pre-loads make things even smoother.

There's really nothing to worry about. Pre-order and enjoy once it releases.
  • Options
    I have such bad luck, though. I'm terrified that Origin is going to crash or something and then I'll lose The Sims 4 or something! Bahaha! The anticipation is clearly driving me batty!
  • Options
    XaneritheXanerithe Posts: 275 Member
    To the ones who asked I am Western.
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    BWpunisher wrote: »
    Nah, there's no way EA will goof and Origin will let us unlock it early.

Now it were Sony....different story. Sony goofed so hard last year and released the GTA V PSN pre-load a month before release. Lulz. Still lol about that. Even still, hard as people tried they could not get it to play before release. But they were able to poke around the games files.

Way to crush my dreams, @BWPunisher. :P -sobs a bit-

Lol, that sounds funny about GTA V, but then again... sounds like a horrible pre-load. Having the game on your PlayStation and not being able to play it?! Ahh, if I had Sims 4 on my computer for a month with the Play button faded out unable to play.. I'd be ..

fp6y6u.gif
  • Options
    It says my preload time is August 29th 12:00 p.m and my download time is September 2nd at 11:00 p.m
  • Options
    nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member
    Yeah the september 1st at 9pm is for us west coasters. 3 hours difference from east coast, which the game launches september 2nd on the east coast at midnight, and west coasters get it at the same time basically just they are 3 hours behind east cost. So we get it the 1st.
    tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    I pre-ordered on Origin waaaaaay back in October 2013. The 22nd, I believe. All I remember is, it was the day right before the delay LOL. Same thing happened to me with GTA V....the day after I pre-order, it's delayed.

I am in Toronto, Canada (eastern time) and it's telling me I can begin my pre-load at 10 a.m. tomorrow. While the game unlocks September 1st at 9 p.m.

Not sure if that will change for me but that's what it says right now.

What was the delay? :)
  • Options
    nilanius wrote: »
    Yeah the september 1st at 9pm is for us west coasters. 3 hours difference from east coast, which the game launches september 2nd on the east coast at midnight, and west coasters get it at the same time basically just they are 3 hours behind east cost. So we get it the 1st.

I'm on the east coast and it tells me it unlocks at 9 p.m. September 1st for me.

Like I've already said, likely an error on Origin's end and they think I'm on the west coast. I'm sure it'll be fixed before release. :|
  • Options
    Phantomrose90Phantomrose90 Posts: 299 Member
    It says my preload starts on August 29th, at 1pm, then it says that the game unlocks for me on September 2nd at 12am.
  • Options
    femitche514femitche514 Posts: 124 Member
    Quick question maybe someone can answer about preloading. It says I can start preloading tomorrow at 1PM, but I have to work until 6:30PM. Will I still be able to preload when I get out of work tomorrow evening, or will I have missed my chance?
    maya_angelou.jpg
  • Options
    IcarusIcarus Posts: 916 Member
    edited August 2014
    Quick question maybe someone can answer about preloading. It says I can start preloading tomorrow at 1PM, but I have to work until 6:30PM. Will I still be able to preload when I get out of work tomorrow evening, or will I have missed my chance?

You'll be able to preload at any time before the game's official release once you've hit your designated preload time.
  • Options
    nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member

Yes, basically they open up pre-loading at that time. From that point on you can preload anytime between then and the game's launch.
    tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • Options
    femitche514femitche514 Posts: 124 Member
    Icarus wrote: »

You'll be able to preload at any time before the game's official release once you've hit your designated preload time.

Thanks!! I appreciate the answer. :smile: Yuck...it's 1:30AM and I have to work tomorrow. Off to bed for me. :\

Can't wait to check in on the forums tomorrow evening and see how everyone has done with their preload.
    maya_angelou.jpg