Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Confused about the map...

Just looking at this map for Willow Creek and I don't really get it? Is this the full map, or is there more to it?

map_willowcreek.jpg

Comments

• Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Nope this is what you get. There is another world with the same amount of lots.
  • Options
    Kristen4810Kristen4810 Posts: 243 Member
    That's it, but there are "decor buildings" to make it look more filled out in-game
  • Options
    robotpanda34robotpanda34 Posts: 3,387 Member
    Thats the full map
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited August 2014
    That's it.

But your Sim will have more lots to travel to than ever before, when we get more. There's already one that's probably coming as free DLC just like Riverview did.

But by the end, your Sim could have up to 300+ lots at their disposal in different locations, rather than being limited to about 125 that we have in The Sims 3.
  • Options
    FertieSimsFertieSims Posts: 162 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    That's it.

But your Sim will have more lots to travel to than ever before, when we get more. There's already one that's probably coming as free DLC just like Riverview did.

But by the end, your Sim could have up to 300+ lots at their disposal in different locations, rather than being limited to about 125 that we have in The Sims 3.

I'm a little confused as to what you mean by lots? Like places to build on and visit?
  • Options
    KyrinaFarstarKyrinaFarstar Posts: 116 Member
    Am I right in thinking that they can visit lots from other worlds now? If so, then when you add more worlds, then your play area will expand too.
  • Options
    FertieSims wrote: »
    Thanks...

Can't lie though, I'm a little disappointed
    britney-spears-ex-saying-bad-things.gif

Would you rather be limited? Or have freedom to travel anywhere while living anywhere. And with the amount of Neighbourhoods EA like to make, you could be able to travel around 300 or so lots. And if they make a Similar amount of Neighbourhoods as they did with the Sims 3, it could be closer to 500. Rather than limiting your Sim to one world.
  • Options
    ItsMeTaiItsMeTai Posts: 88 Member
    > @FertieSims said:
    > jackjack_k wrote: »
    >
    > That's it.
    >
    > But your Sim will have more lots to travel to than ever before, when we get more. There's already one that's probably coming as free DLC just like Riverview did.
    >
    > But by the end, your Sim could have up to 300+ lots at their disposal in different locations, rather than being limited to about 125 that we have in The Sims 3.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I'm a little confused as to what you mean by lots? Like places to build on and visit?

I think he means actual buildings you can enter rather than rabbit holes.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Yeah, you can travel anywhere, AFAIK.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    lexxsimslexxsims Posts: 366 Member
    As you see the "traveling" to another world, is totally FAKE. That is just a WHOLE WORLD divided by sections, lol! I don't see the difference between the other lots and the "other world" 🐸🐸🐸🐸..... It's funny because ZIMZ 4 IZ THE BEZTT BAZE GAME EVAHHH AN FOREVAHH BESHESS!
  • Options
    Ricket426Ricket426 Posts: 154 Member
    lexxsims wrote: »
    As you see the "traveling" to another world, is totally FAKE. That is just a WHOLE WORLD divided by sections, lol! I don't see the difference between the other lots and the "other world" 🐸🐸🐸🐸..... It's funny because ZIMZ 4 IZ THE BEZTT BAZE GAME EVAHHH AN FOREVAHH BESHESS!

What are you? The illuminati?
    You starting conspiracies about how it's fake? DO YOU WEAR TIN FOIL HATS
  • Options
    FertieSimsFertieSims Posts: 162 Member
    FertieSims wrote: »
    Thanks...

Can't lie though, I'm a little disappointed
    britney-spears-ex-saying-bad-things.gif

Would you rather be limited? Or have freedom to travel anywhere while living anywhere. And with the amount of Neighbourhoods EA like to make, you could be able to travel around 300 or so lots. And if they make a Similar amount of Neighbourhoods as they did with the Sims 3, it could be closer to 500. Rather than limiting your Sim to one world.

Oh yeah I get what you mean and that is cool, hopefully every new expansion brings a new world. But the maps are still very small, I expected everything to be much more spread out, it looks like one "neighborhood" not 5 if you know what I mean.
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Then you have no idea how it works in The Sims 3. In The Sims 3, you were limited to living in one world.
    The Sims 4 will probably have around 500 lots when all is said and done, in various locations. In The Sims 3, your were limited to living in one world unless you made a new game.

The Sims 4 is ultimately better in that regard. However, it does disappoint that the base game is lacking the same amount of lots we had in the base game of Sims 3 in Sunset Valley (90 lots compared to 50).

But The Sims 4 will have it better in the end, than The Sims 3.
  • Options
    residentevilobresidentevilob Posts: 141 Member
    Wow... EA is lacking.

Simcity cities were TINY, the largest being the same size as the largest map in Simcity

Now this... just lol
  • Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    edited August 2014
    They are very small. There are only 1 - 5 lots per neighborhood and 4 or 5 neighborhoods per world. You can walk about freely on your lot and in the open spaces. But to visit a neighbor/a commercial lot/travel to another neighborhood or world involves a loading screen. You can only build on the lots provided and can't place new lots.

Mylita

Edited to add: Most of what you see on the map is fake scenery. And, yes, I know what you mean. It is very small.
    No friends requests, please.
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited August 2014

Then you have no idea how it works in The Sims 3. In The Sims 3, you were limited to living in one world.
    The Sims 4 will probably have around 500 lots when all is said and done, in various locations. In The Sims 3, your were limited to living in one world unless you made a new game.

The Sims 4 is ultimately better in that regard. However, it does disappoint that the base game is lacking the same amount of lots we had in the base game of Sims 3 in Sunset Valley (90 lots compared to 50).

But The Sims 4 will have it better in the end, than The Sims 3.

Agreed.

I tried downloading a custom city for TS3, Los Aniegos, which was amazingly well done and recreated RL Los Angeles (which I love), but my computer just could not handle it properly. It made my game lag and my sims took about 3 sim hours just to get to work. The city was too big. It was divided into different districts (downtown, ourskirts, countryside, beach, etc.). I'm sure, in the future with the whole new "traveling between worlds" we will be able to have big cities and use each one of the small "worlds" as different neighborhoods. All of this without the constant lags and routing issues which made TS3 big neighborhoods unplayable.
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    That's it.

There's already one that's probably coming as free DLC just like Riverview did.

I sure hope so.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    NIFFYWONDANIFFYWONDA Posts: 59 Member
    It's a shame that they downgraded from open-world. Oh well. Still be a simmer for life!
  • Options
    VampirspiegeleiVampirspiegelei Posts: 704 Member
    Well the good thing is that you can travel instantly between all worlds - and there will be more in the future.
    The world at the start is undeniably smaller bu the question is: will it feel like you're living in a really small world?
    Since there is a lot of background stuff added I guess they will create a very solid illusion of a much bigger world.
    ... jinkies oO
  • Options
    lexxsimslexxsims Posts: 366 Member
    We'll see when we play the game! ;)
    MUHAHAHAHAHAHA.... this is going to be so fun.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    To be fair the neighborhood selection screen does not represent actual neighborhood visuals. It does however give you a good impression of the playable area though. Once you load a neighborhood they do not fit together seamlessly like the map would lead one to assume, but instead each contain their own distinct look that was achieved by enlarging the size of the "neighborhood" through the use of deco world objects. However even though the neighborhood districts look bigger when loaded, the overly small playing area persists.
  • Options
    SweetJealousySweetJealousy Posts: 362 Member
    Hopefully, as time goes on, they'll be able to make much larger 'neighborhoods'.
  • Options
    NIFFYWONDA wrote: »
    It's a shame that they downgraded from open-world. Oh well. Still be a simmer for life!

They still are open world. It's just smaller.

Remember in The Sims 3 you had loading times for Neighbours as well. You just didn't get a screen.
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    NIFFYWONDA wrote: »

They still are open world. It's just smaller.

Remember in The Sims 3 you had loading times for Neighbours as well. You just didn't get a screen.

It's really not an open world. There is a loading screen for every lot. That's not open. I mean, whether it's bothersome or not is a matter of opinion, but TS4 is in no way an open world game because movement around the world is restricted.

I didn't really have loading times when visiting the neighbors in TS3, did you? It only took a second or two for the house to become accessible after they invited you in.
    IHJCfa6.jpg