Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New anyone else get their demo code today? (old forum was messed up)

Comments

• Options
    mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited August 2014
    Arachne wrote:
    mwdonohue wrote:
    Arachne wrote:
    mwdonohue wrote:
    Arachne wrote:
    mwdonohue wrote:
    People that really want the demo aren't getting it. Thanks EA.

That's not entirely fair. A lot of people who got it today really wanted it.

That's not what I meant. Why couldn't have all the people on this thread have been included. EA knows who they're sending the demo out to. The people that talk the most about it are on a blacklist. It is a marketing scheme so they can get people to buy the game. My friend that doesn't even play the sims got the demo. How is that fair?

I don't think there's a blacklist, it's all random chance. I'm pretty sure whoever's in charge has never even bothered to check this thread.

Oh. You mean Charlie? The guy that banned my sims 3 account for sending him a letter on twitter?

What does being banned mean, exactly? Can you not log into Origin?

Like your sims account. Is banned. You can't really download from the exchange. I couldn't play my game. It is just banned.
  • Options
    vogueliciousvoguelicious Posts: 61 Member
    edited August 2014
    I got the demo!!!!! Yay! Checked last night before going to sleep and woke up just now and seen on twitter a wave had been sent out so I quickly checked and there it was! (It's 8am here in Aus).

I think more and more ppl will get the demo each wave now.

Super excited. It's downloading now.
  • Options
    kllfkllf Posts: 96 New Member
    edited August 2014
    I still think every who signed will gradually get the demo tonight.. Never this many people got the demo
  • Options
    femitche514femitche514 Posts: 124 Member
    edited August 2014
    I saw the forums while at work and just got home and mine arrived today. It's 7PM EST now. I checked this morning and nothing was there, so at some point during the day today it did arrive.
    maya_angelou.jpg
  • Options
    ch33s3b4rch33s3b4r Posts: 13 New Member
    edited August 2014
    I just got the demo, and I've posted on this forum. So I don't think there is a blacklist or anything.
  • Options
    JazminAdoreJazminAdore Posts: 1,434 Member
    edited August 2014
    I'll just be Sad Panda right now. Gonna take a Sad Panda nap now. sad_panda_by_allymoodyneko-d49gduw.jpg
    1238765_10201357648636928_204929354_n.jpg
  • Options
    simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    edited August 2014
    You guys are sooooo lucky!
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• Options
    femitche514femitche514 Posts: 124 Member
    edited August 2014
    I saw the forums while at work and just got home and mine arrived today. It's 7PM EST now. I checked this morning and nothing was there, so at some point during the day today it did arrive.
    maya_angelou.jpg
  • Options
    simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    edited August 2014
    There won't be no more roll outs now then.
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• Options
    KatalanMoonKatalanMoon Posts: 51 New Member
    edited August 2014
    Alisox wrote:
    This has seriously been one of the best days ever! I got the demo AND a job offer! ((Sorry to brag - I'm just so excited and happy))
    Very happy for you, sweetie :mrgreen:

I still wish I could have something good happen today :P

Thanks! :) I'm pretty excited! August 2014 = MONTH OF AWESOME!
  • Options
    sasha9861sasha9861 Posts: 97 Member
    edited August 2014
    ch33s3b4r wrote:
    I just got the demo, and I've posted on this forum. So I don't think there is a blacklist or anything.

did you only just get it or did you only just check?
  • Options
    ArachneArachne Posts: 238 Member
    edited August 2014
    mwdonohue wrote:
    Arachne wrote:
    mwdonohue wrote:
    Arachne wrote:
    mwdonohue wrote:
    Arachne wrote:
    mwdonohue wrote:

That's not what I meant. Why couldn't have all the people on this thread have been included. EA knows who they're sending the demo out to. The people that talk the most about it are on a blacklist. It is a marketing scheme so they can get people to buy the game. My friend that doesn't even play the sims got the demo. How is that fair?

I don't think there's a blacklist, it's all random chance. I'm pretty sure whoever's in charge has never even bothered to check this thread.

Oh. You mean Charlie? The guy that banned my sims 3 account for sending him a letter on twitter?

Like your sims account. Is banned. You can't really download from the exchange. I couldn't play my game. It is just banned.

Well that sucks. I didn't know it was possible to keep you from playing your own game. That guy has way too much power.
  • Options
    simgirl81simgirl81 Posts: 26 Member
    edited August 2014
    This has seriously been one of the best days ever! I got the demo AND a job offer! ((Sorry to brag - I'm just so excited and happy))
    YAY!! Congrats to you!! :mrgreen: I hope we all do soon too!! Enjoy it!! :lol:
  • Options
    tarynkaybtarynkayb Posts: 60 Member
    edited August 2014
    sasha9861 wrote:
    ch33s3b4r wrote:

did you only just get it or did you only just check?

I just barely got it (says it added to my account today) and I've posted on the forums. Not a lot, obviously, but some.
  • Options
    ShepherdmoonShepherdmoon Posts: 1,486 Member
    edited August 2014
    Seems like the only ones getting it now are people that just now came online after being offline all day. They must be done for the day. Some other people posted that EA usually does things up until 7 PM EST, and it's 7:10 right now. If they're in California that means their work-day ends at 4 PM.
    tumblr_static_sh2.gif
  • Options
    CutiePie550CutiePie550 Posts: 406 Member
    edited August 2014
    So happy you guys got the demo! My Origin just updated... the demo wasn't there. I think EA just doesn't like me lol :( I keep checking my email every 5 minutes ugh
    Check out my Cartoon Character CAS Creations (C.C.C.C.!) Thread --> http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/772908/cartoon-character-cas-creations-c-c-c-c/p1
    image_zps2aefd295.png
    I play The Sims, The Sims 2, The Sims 3, and The Sims 4 all on PC!!!
    I also play MySims and MySims Party on Wii!
  • Options
    honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    edited August 2014
    i can't check my origin it's updating...it has been for about 1 hour and a half now..
  • Options
    simgirl81simgirl81 Posts: 26 Member
    edited August 2014
    I just wanted to say Congrats to everyone who got the Demo today!! :mrgreen: I know we've all been waiting for what feels like forever!! lol!! Enjoy it guys!! :lol:
  • Options
    kllfkllf Posts: 96 New Member
    edited August 2014
    Ok, is 1:20 AM here, gooooood night everyone.. Hope you all get demo :-)
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Arachne wrote:
    mwdonohue wrote:
    Arachne wrote:
    mwdonohue wrote:
    Arachne wrote:
    mwdonohue wrote:
    Arachne wrote:
    mwdonohue wrote:

Well that sucks. I didn't know it was possible to keep you from playing your own game. That guy has way too much power.

You got that right.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I still have hope because I took a shower. And people are still getting invites. Even though it is 7:00
  • Options
    ShepherdmoonShepherdmoon Posts: 1,486 Member
    edited August 2014
    mwdonohue wrote:
    I still have hope because I took a shower. And people are still getting invites. Even though it is 7:00

I don't think so. That last person said it was added to their account "today", which could have been any time.
    tumblr_static_sh2.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    mwdonohue wrote:

I don't think so. That last person said it was added to their account "today", which could have been any time.

Okay then.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,133 Member
    edited August 2014
    Blah. Giving up for the night.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    AlisoxAlisox Posts: 1,640 Member
    edited August 2014
    My laptop crashed and now Origin is updating. I wish that was a good sign but I seriously doubt it.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top