Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Non-English Cucumber Fix!

We are very sorry about the cucumber problem that those of you who are playing in a language other than English are encountering!

To get the fix, you’ll need to download and install Grandma’s Canning Station again.

NOTE: Any cucumbers that are in your saved game still won’t work, but you should be able to use new cucumbers just fine.

Thanks for your patience!

Comments

• Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited July 2014
    Ya know, English Cucumbers are the seedless ones in the store that tend to be shrink-wrapped. You must be referring to the other ones. :wink:
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    edited July 2014
    Forever grateful! I don't have this problem myself, but I just wanted to say that it's nice knowing that there are people out there like you, Mr. Copeland, that try their freaking hardest to please the fans and release working content.

THANK YOU!

• Options
    dorseypjddorseypjd Posts: 155 Member
    edited July 2014
    SimGuruCopeland .Outstanding.You and the store team are outstanding.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited July 2014
    It's awesome you and the store team got this sorted so fast! :mrgreen:

I don' know why the title of this thread makes me giggle so much! :lol: 'Non-English Cucumber Fix'! :XD:
  • Options
    StarbucaneerStarbucaneer Posts: 2,561 Member
    edited July 2014
    We are very sorry about the cucumber problem that those of you who are playing in a language other than English are encountering!

To get the fix, you’ll need to download and install Grandma’s Canning Station again.

NOTE: Any cucumbers that are in your saved game still won’t work, but you should be able to use new cucumbers just fine.

Thanks for your patience!

Oh My Goodness when I read this that struck me as so funny I have been laughing hysterically, even my dogs came over to see what was up LOL. Maybe its just my warped sense of humour but I am still giggling..... it sounds like a sketch written by The Two Ronnies lol.
    Simming since the beginning! :)
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited July 2014
    yea... of to uninstall and reinstal teh new...

we can just do the whole set right...?

where do I send the home made jam? or do you prefere chocklate... or honny... or...
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    eh Copland... I redownloaded and now the stairs have gone missing!

everything ells is there they just gone... though the game thinks they installed

talking about the L shaped ones...
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    Simbi0seSimbi0se Posts: 205 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm afraid I'm going to need more instructions. How do I uninstall the Mill set? I deleted it from the Downloads directory, but that doesn't work. I already tried a few times, so I had a Millset, a Millset(1), a Millset(2). (I noticed I have quite a few doubles. Can I just delete those?)

OTOH, if there's a problem with the stairs, maybe I should just wait a little.
  • Options
    pepperw1pepperw1 Posts: 487 Member
    edited July 2014
    Go to installed downloads and uninstall all the things that came with the set. Then reinstall the set. Hope this helps you.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited July 2014
    ^ ^

Open your Sims 3 Launcher and go to the Installed Content tab. Look for the Old Mill set and click the checkmark next to it. Press Uninstall. Since you've already deleted the old version from your Downloads tab, you're okay. Otherwise, you would need to also delete it from your Downloads tab. Just go to your Purchase History in the EA Store and re-download the set. Go ahead and install it again. Voila! You're done.

Best Regards,
    Nik
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    so what I did (and now I got it all) but then there seems to still be a problem with the set or I had a 1 time bug.

uninstalled the old set
    installed the new fixed version

tested... the cucumber was there BUT the L shaped stair was gone

so

I uninstalled the stair (as the game thoguht it was there)
    reinstalled jsut the stair...

and now it is there.
  • Options
    AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited July 2014

Directions on reinstalling the cucumber. :wink:
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Nik24X7 wrote:
    ^ ^

Open your Sims 3 Launcher and go to the Installed Content tab. Look for the Old Mill set and click the checkmark next to it. Press Uninstall. Since you've already deleted the old version from your Downloads tab, you're okay. Otherwise, you would need to also delete it from your Downloads tab. Just go to your Purchase History in the EA Store and re-download the set. Go ahead and install it again. Voila! You're done.

Best Regards,
    Nik

adition if you got much store content it might take some time for it all to loade... and it be a job to look true it all

now I find it esier to do it with the set (becouse I bacup the sets and it save instal time) but then you likely need to do as I and also uninstall and then install the stairs (unless I jsut had a bug)

you might not need to do the uninstal action... if you only do the caning station.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Argh, I managed to fix the cucumbers, now I'm having the stair problem! I don't see them in the launcher either, so I can't uninstall them.. I'll try again tomorrow, it's too late now.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Simbi0se wrote:
    Argh, I managed to fix the cucumbers, now I'm having the stair problem! I don't see them in the launcher either, so I can't uninstall them.. I'll try again tomorrow, it's too late now.

so it wasn't just a bug for me...

sorry to say Copland it seems your team needs to work on the fix 1 more time..... so we all got both stairs and cucumbers...
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Simbi0se wrote:

What did you uninstall to begin with? Brunch At The Old Mill? Everything that was installed including the set? Canning Station?

• Options
    edited July 2014
    I don't know anymore! For sure the Mill set, and the canning station was something separate too. I think the problem is that I usually install from within the game, not the launcher. When the game is loaded, but you haven't chosen which saved game you're going to play, you can then chose something like "survey of downloads". I don't know the exact name, my game is in Dutch. I'm trying to remember why I do it that way. There was a good reason, probably because installing from the launcher didn't always work.

But let's see if I can find the stairs now, after a good sleep.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    OK, I think it's all fixed now. Phew. I must have been too tired yesterday!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Simbi0se wrote:

glad you got it fixed to

hope they can fix the set 1 more time, so it downloades with cucumbers and stairs for all...
    new buyers might not realize they missing the stairs... even less if they don't have the art venue and the other stairs.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    anettesb wrote:
    Simbi0se wrote:

glad you got it fixed to

hope they can fix the set 1 more time, so it downloades with cucumbers and stairs for all...
    new buyers might not realize they missing the stairs... even less if they don't have the art venue and the other stairs.

I uninstalled from my launcher and nothing was wrong (just to test).

I still have my L-Shaped Stairs... So there is no bug to fix with the set itself.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    AznSensei wrote:
    anettesb wrote:
    Simbi0se wrote:

glad you got it fixed to

I uninstalled from my launcher and nothing was wrong (just to test).

I still have my L-Shaped Stairs... So there is no bug to fix with the set itself.

yet we are some that have downloaded the new version and the stairs was gone.... = there is a bug, could be you installed the old download... could be the bug isn't a bug for all that it again is region based.

its fine you didn't have it, but that don't change the fact that some of us did, and that EA need to beawear of it and yes fix it so people don't have to jumptrue hoops to download.
  • Options
    MariesaliasMariesalias Posts: 1,954 Member
    edited July 2014
    Unless I misread some posts, the people who had an issue uninstalled the whole set, and not just the canning station. Maybe only uninstalling the canning station alone will not cause the stair issue since you are not removing the whole set?
  • Options
    Puzman4Puzman4 Posts: 246 Member
    edited July 2014
    Thanx from the Netherlands!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Unless I misread some posts, the people who had an issue uninstalled the whole set, and not just the canning station. Maybe only uninstalling the canning station alone will not cause the stair issue since you are not removing the whole set?

I think that to... but it might still be a problem to NEW people to the set.... people that buy it now and downloade it, and that isn't ok either. Other sets have had these problems where 1 item had to be installed alone... and they got fixed.

again it might not be all that have that problem but they still need to know...
  • Options
    Green_Girly100Green_Girly100 Posts: 296 Member
    edited July 2014
    Lately, it seems like each time I get a new piece of PC, something else stops working in my game.
    After installing the circus set, the roller coaster pieces wouldn't show up, even though the launcher recognized them as installed. This month it's the bakery oven that isn't working anymore after installing the mill set.

Is there a PC bug simgurus?