Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

D.N.A 2nd Anniversary Build Contest - [ALL WINNERS GIFTED] - CLOSED

Comments

• Options
    LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    edited January 2014
    aricarai wrote:
    Thank you so much to everyone who entered!
    We are now closed and off to the judges! :mrgreen:

Ooh exciting! Can't wait :):lol:
    Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
  • Options
    snowdove58snowdove58 Posts: 1,699 Member
    edited January 2014
    I was going through my inspiration folder and when I saw this I recognized it immediately.Lebanna it's perfect :mrgreen:
    imagesCA74TJ3K_zpsb6dd07d4.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    snowdove58 wrote:
    I was going through my inspiration folder and when I saw this I recognized it immediately.Lebanna it's perfect :mrgreen:

haha busted! No, I love that house ;) It has been sitting in my inspiration folder for quite some time too ;) Found this the ideal opportunity to use it :)
    I did a good job you recognized it then haha ;)

edit: Just thought of this, hope nobody minds I based it off a pictures.. Most of the build is of course still mine, since I only used a front inspirational pic

• Options
    Ablueidgirl2Ablueidgirl2 Posts: 444 Member
    edited January 2014
    aricarai wrote:
    I am considering entering this contest. I'll go play around a bit and see if an idea comes to me.

Ooh, just saw the deadline. It's not impossible for me to come up with a house in one day but ... I don't know. We'll see :D

Would love to see what you come up with if you have time and even if you can't get an entry on time, would still love to see :mrgreen:

Obviously, I didn't make the cut off date but you have inspired me in my current build. It's turned more steampunk now than futuristic so it's just as well, ha-ha. I will post here when it is completed :)

Good luck to all of the entrants, beautiful homes in there!
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    edited January 2014
    Hi Lebanna,

We are in the process of judging, but are unable to download your entry. Would it be possible for you to try and re-upload your home, so that we can judge it?

We are able to download and install it, but then it doesn't appear in game.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    aricarai wrote:
    Hi Lebanna,

We are in the process of judging, but are unable to download your entry. Would it be possible for you to try and re-upload your home, so that we can judge it?

That is soo weird. I'll download it from the exchange myself and see if I can see it.
    I will re-upload it without UIC and with a different name (which I have to since other wise it won't upload haha).

hope that doesn't happen with other people as well though.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Lebanna wrote:
    snowdove58 wrote:

haha busted! No, I love that house ;) It has been sitting in my inspiration folder for quite some time too ;) Found this the ideal opportunity to use it :)

edit: Just thought of this, hope nobody minds I based it off a pictures.. Most of the build is of course still mine, since I only used a front inspirational pic

That's amazing! The likeness is outstanding! :D
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Lebanna wrote:
    aricarai wrote:
    Hi Lebanna,

That is soo weird. I'll download it from the exchange myself and see if I can see it.
    I will re-upload it without UIC and with a different name (which I have to since other wise it won't upload haha).

Thanks, m'dear! That is super duper strange. I have no idea how it all works though when it comes to the technology side of the Sims - I really hope that your suggestions work as I really would like your house in game! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    aricarai wrote:
    I am considering entering this contest. I'll go play around a bit and see if an idea comes to me.

Ooh, just saw the deadline. It's not impossible for me to come up with a house in one day but ... I don't know. We'll see :D

Would love to see what you come up with if you have time and even if you can't get an entry on time, would still love to see :mrgreen:

Obviously, I didn't make the cut off date but you have inspired me in my current build. It's turned more steampunk now than futuristic so it's just as well, ha-ha. I will post here when it is completed :)

Good luck to all of the entrants, beautiful homes in there!

Fabulous - can't wait to see it! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    aricarai wrote:
    Lebanna wrote:
    aricarai wrote:
    Hi Lebanna,

Thanks, m'dear! That is super duper strange. I have no idea how it all works though when it comes to the technology side of the Sims - I really hope that your suggestions work as I really would like your house in game! :mrgreen:

I have no clue if it helps or not. But since that's the only thing I did different than just regular uploading it's the only thing I can think of. I've uploaded it with the family this time. I'm just trying to not do the same thing I did. Cause I don't know where or what went wrong. the re-upload

I have to start up my game to see if the download worked (the original one). I'll let you know if it shows up in my game. Let me know if it still doesn't work with the re-upload. I will have to look into it more if it still doesn't work.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    aricarai wrote:
    Lebanna wrote:
    snowdove58 wrote:

That's amazing! The likeness is outstanding! :D

Thanks btw :) I totally read over this.

• Options
    EMPRESSPAMELAEMPRESSPAMELA Posts: 10,108 Member
    edited January 2014
    Lebanna, just want to let you know that we were able to get it into game and will be commencing judging. Thank you for your help. :D

oow785m
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Lebanna, just want to let you know that we were able to get it into game and will be commencing judging. Thank you for your help. :D

Thank goodness.. 'cause I didn't know what to try next if this didn't work ;)

• Options
    edited January 2014
    If others have issue with it not showing in game, as well; romagi saved the day, by adding it manually into the library to get it to show. Much like we had to do with simgurusmitty's festival lot that one time that it didn't show after installing. Not a routine way of installing, but I'm very happy it worked for us. :D *huge hugs for romagi!
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    If others have issue with it not showing in game, as well; romagi saved the day, by adding it manually into the library to get it to show. Much like we had to do with simgurusmitty's festival lot that one time that it didn't show after installing. Not a routine way of installing, but I'm very happy it worked for us. :D *huge hugs for romagi!

So the original upload 'worked' in the end? Yeah I also heard about a lot of SimguruCopeland not working.
    So you have to add it in the library folder to make it show up? Thanks for letting me know :)
    Hear Hear for Romagi!

I'm going to delete the re-upload from my studio then, I don't like having 2 the same houses in my studio ;)

• Options
    edited January 2014
    @Snowdove - what is this awesomeness?

Screenshot-1976.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Howdy do ladies!

I just want to say that ya'll did a fabulous job and this was not an easy contest to judge whatsoever! Thank you so much for participating and by doing so supporting the DNA Request Team. We all really appreciate it.

The winners have been announced here. Please let us know what you would like. It would be most helpful if you could provide links to wishlists and item numbers.

CONGRATULATIONS and thank you again! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Congratulations! Every entry was absolutely amazing. :D
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Congratulations! Your entries were amazing! :)

Aww! did you guys add a fourth place? That's sweet! :)

Can I gift some items to others too?
    I'm going to think what I'll want with my prize :)

• Options
    edited January 2014
    You're welcome to share prizes with your friends. :D
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    yay! I'm going to be difficult then:

I would like to gift Mrlabean #52 and #95 of her wishlist?

And Theonlysww #3 and #86 of hers?

And for myself numbers 1 to 5 on my own list

I think that rounds up to 497 points

And thank you for hosting!! :) It was a fun contest!

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Lebanna wrote:

GIFTED by aricarai - Mrlabean and #1 & #2 from your WL.

Other amazing DNA members will be coming by to finish!

Great job sweetie :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    aricarai wrote:
    Lebanna wrote:

GIFTED by aricarai - Mrlabean and #1 & #2 from your WL.

Other amazing DNA members will be coming by to finish!

Great job sweetie :mrgreen:

Thank you!! :)

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Gifted - "And Theonlysww #3 and #86 of hers?"

I've gifted the next two items off your list. :D

Congratulations.
    oow785m