Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Banned....

From buying Island Paradise.... By my girlfriend :( shes such a bully! yet I have to sit here playing university while shes sat the other side of the room playing Island Paradise! how unfair is that?! :P

Comments

• Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    edited July 2013
    :shock: :?
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited July 2013
    Are you an adult? Are you using your own money, not hers? Then you should be able to get whatever game you want, and if that's a deal-breaker with her then maybe you should re-evaluate your relationship.

Just a bit of friendly advice from someone probably old enough to be your mum. :roll:
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    betty_me13betty_me13 Posts: 3,285 New Member
    edited July 2013
    You should have bought the digital download... Then both of you could play :)
  • Options
    StephenTMStephenTM Posts: 908 Member
    edited July 2013
    Kick her out.
  • Options
    RockleyfamilyRockleyfamily Posts: 5,730 Member
    edited July 2013
    Poor you. Try reverse psychology on her, tell her you're glad you don't have IP, uni is so much better. ;)
  • Options
    SeanieRockz44SeanieRockz44 Posts: 852 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Wouldn't it be very smart to get the disc and install it when she's not at home? Unless you keep her on 24/7 watch.
  • Options
    carmenscratchcarmenscratch Posts: 58
    edited July 2013
    Go buy Island paradise and play it. That is not fair. If it makes her mad, then maybe you should reconsider things. :roll:
  • Options
    ZhalkZhalk Posts: 310 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Did you know that if you launch the game using the disk, once you're in-game you can eject the disk and use it on the other computer
  • Options
    SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    edited July 2013
    Zhalk wrote:
    Did you know that if you launch the game using the disk, once you're in-game you can eject the disk and use it on the other computer

^^ This.
  • Options
    2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    edited July 2013
    Why??? surely you can buy whatever you like, seems a bit odd to me!
    My origin id is sim2011
  • Options
    wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    edited July 2013
    I don't know how old you are (not asking to know either as that is against forum rules) but if you are adult age...then why? If it was a question of finances then you now know you have the option of sharing the disc once she has started her gameplay. As an adult, no-one can control you without your permission/consent. If you agree to be told that you cannot do something and comply then the responsibility and choice fall to you.
  • Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited July 2013
    Take her disc, install it on your computer, get the no CD mod so the game skips the disc check when you launch=problem solved.
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited July 2013
    Why is she telling you that you can't buy it? And more importantly, why are you listening? :P :lol:
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    KramYraeloKramYraelo Posts: 734 Member
    edited July 2013
    From buying Island Paradise.... By my girlfriend :( shes such a bully! yet I have to sit here playing university while shes sat the other side of the room playing Island Paradise! how unfair is that?! :P

Sounds like it is time for separate bank accounts. If nothing else, after 24 years of marriage I've found a slush fund works too :lol:
  • Options
    grobnic356grobnic356 Posts: 429 New Member
    edited July 2013
    lol GabbyGirlJ

I agree...but more inportant than that...why is he telling us :?
  • Options
    katandmarikatandmari Posts: 438 Member
    edited July 2013
    Zhalk wrote:
    this works, it is what I do
  • Options
    ShelleybellyShelleybelly Posts: 2,587 Member
    edited July 2013

Sounds a little one-sided to me? What kind of deal was made between the 2 of you that you have Uni and she has IP? :lol:
  • Options
    SimsAddiction968SimsAddiction968 Posts: 1,218 Member
    edited July 2013
    Let her load the game on her pc and then take the disc so you can play to.
    I've done it several times with my kids.

One time we had 3 computers in the same room and we were ALL playing.
    HI! My name is SimsAddiction968
    I discovered Sims 1 summer 2001 when my youngest was 1 yr old.
    I bought all Eps & Sps for Sims 2 as they were released.
    I even bought Sims games for our consoles and handhelds.
    I have bought all Sims 3 Eps & Sps as the were released.
    I have held my grandson while playing. He is now 5 and plays FreePlay.
    I have pre ordered Sims 4. I have the Sims 2 mouse and waiting on Sims 4 mouse.
    I have a Freezer Bunny tattoo and a bracelet tattoo of the Sims 2 aspirations.

YES! I am addicted to The Sims no matter the form.
  • Options
    menudomenudo Posts: 73 Member
    edited July 2013
    Doesn't really sound like he's being serious.
  • Options
    HalalloverHalallover Posts: 124 Member
    edited July 2013
    I not think OP serious. lol.

But Nraas have no CD mod so not have use disk play game. : )

Me and partner alway just share sims game becaue just need only cd for install.
    2dihvli.png
  • Options
    CrazycatldyCrazycatldy Posts: 4,588 Member
    edited July 2013
    Zhalk wrote:

^^This^^
    My daughter and I share the game on different PC's. :-)
  • Options
    CrazycatldyCrazycatldy Posts: 4,588 Member
    edited July 2013
    oops. Double post. :hunf:
  • Options
    firadesunnafiradesunna Posts: 68 New Member
    edited July 2013
    haha im not being ENTIRELY serious, im 22 btw for those that was wondering.

we sort of have a mutual agreement that if one of us REALLY wants a game, the other has to wait a month to also play it :P mainly for story line based games but shes decided to ban me for a month just to wind me up (we joke around a lot)

Also im actually low on money atm :( I decided to set a 1 game limit per each payday and I already brought a game this month xD

She got the Digital version btw :(
  • Options
    smilies246smilies246 Posts: 556 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Edit that again.. it was too mean, but honestly just man up and tell her you want to play it which you can obviously DO! Don't let her rule your life when it is your wallet that is paying (considering that you said you limited yourself, so must be your money) cause honestly, she is the man in the relationship from what I can see, and that isn't going to help!
  • Options
    smilies246smilies246 Posts: 556 New Member
    edited July 2013
    and plus, sims 3 is a single-player game, so you having to wait a month because it is a story-lined game sounds dumb, since you both play single player and she isn't going to spoil it for you and vice versa, so I don't get it??