The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Online Schooling/Home-Schooling

In the Sims 4, there should be a option to home-school your child, since I would love my children to stay home and do school.

The Parents could call the school on their phone and tell them that they will placing their child/teen in home-school and when they do, the school will accept and allow the child/teen work online at the computer (free) or send a personal teacher (extra cost) over to your house to teach.

So, what do you think of this idea everyone? :D

Comments

• Options
    DejiDenjaDejiDenja Posts: 218 Member
    edited May 2013
    Loveeeeeee it :D Awesome idea. Sometimes my sims school gets overcrowded and I am too lazy to put down another lot because it would be annoying. So I would love to home school them :D
  • Options
    CheezirationCheeziration Posts: 100 Member
    edited May 2013
    That would be great! Having done both, it wouldn't be too hard to implement (probably), and it would be great if parents are working and there's a baby to care for or something. I'd much rather have the child sit at home and work than in a school where I can't see what they're up to!
    vmBGbsG.png
  • Options
    IcarusIcarus Posts: 916 Member
    edited May 2013
    I'd love this. I imagine it'd be as easy as having a homeschooled child Sim either read a book a curriculum book from the bookshelf (think the generated assigned books from University Life) and then homework could be generated in their inventory daily as it would be if they were going to the actual school.
  • Options
    Chris3000Chris3000 Posts: 218 Member
    edited May 2013
    Did you know that one could home school their sim kids in The Sims 1. All you had to do was let your kid study from the book shelf (I've done this):wink:

Home schooling sim kids would be a good option :lol:
  • Options
    christine400christine400 Posts: 5,554 Member
    edited May 2013
    agree
  • Options
    JanilewJanilew Posts: 11
    edited May 2013
    I'm hoping they add this feature also. I homeschool my real kid and would like for my sim kids to be homeschooled as well. Who knows what they are learning when they disappear into Rabbit Hole Academy!
  • Options
    toni1997toni1997 Posts: 21 New Member
    edited May 2013
    good idea! :D
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    edited May 2013
    Bump
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,874 Member
    edited May 2013
    Great idea!
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    shadowcat85shadowcat85 Posts: 5,219 Member
    edited May 2013
    Good Idea!
    tumblr_inline_ne699tiMiG1r36c5t.gif

• Options
    2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    edited May 2013
    I would love to see this added to the game :D
    My origin id is sim2011
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2013
    Only thing I would want is to be able to hire a tutor so my Sim wouldn't have to spend all day teaching the Sim kid.

Or make it a requirement the adult Sim has to have some skills or the public school wouldn't allow it.

But great idea!

I might not use it that often unless I just wanted them at home more.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,589 Member
    edited June 2013
    Hi :D

You can do that in TS3- since they really don't learn anything in school, deleting the school from the map and having them study at home works well. That way they actually learn something. :)
  • Options
    ShelbieeSavageShelbieeSavage Posts: 334 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Rflong7 wrote:
    Hi :D

You can do that in TS3- since they really don't learn anything in school, deleting the school from the map and having them study at home works well. That way they actually learn something. :)

I do this.

The only downside is, when they age up it says "due to -name-'s poor study habits, you cannot choose a trait for them"
    But that's easily fixed with testingcheats.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Cinebar wrote:
    Only thing I would want is to be able to hire a tutor so my Sim wouldn't have to spend all day teaching the Sim kid.

Or make it a requirement the adult Sim has to have some skills or the public school wouldn't allow it.

But great idea!

I might not use it that often unless I just wanted them at home more.

Thanks for the suggestion. I like that idea.
    Thanks for the support everyone.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited June 2013
    You can leave the school get Twallan's career mod and home school them that way. They get there homework online and then do it and turn it in. The only thing is you don't have any of the public school fun like prom and after school activities.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    You can leave the school get Twallan's career mod and home school them that way. They get there homework online and then do it and turn it in. The only thing is you don't have any of the public school fun like prom and after school activities.

Hmm... This is about the Sims 4.

I don't download any mods/custom content.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,790 Member
    edited June 2013
    Tia (Pepperjack) I have that mod in question, and I have one of my FT News Legacy sims be home-schooled and she is still able to attend the proms at the public school.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Nigerian373Nigerian373 Posts: 673 Member
    edited June 2013
    I love this idea for The Sims 4! I like to tell stories with my Sims and that would be a good option to have
  • Options
    partybeachgirl3partybeachgirl3 Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    Thats a great idea i would love to home school my teen/children! :thumbup:
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited June 2013
    I wouldn't want that. If we had that option I wouldn't use it. I love it when the house is empty or have only one sim to take care of.
    I mean, it's nice every once in a while to have one sims or no sims at all. If it's constantly the whole family it gets a bit stressful.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for the support everyone.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited June 2013
    MadameLee wrote:
    Tia (Pepperjax) I have that mod in question, and I have one of my FT News Legacy sims be home-schooled and she is still able to attend the proms at the public school.
    Really I didn't think they could still attend prom. I don't use it that much unless I am not sending anyone to University it messes my game up.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,790 Member
    edited June 2013
    MadameLee wrote:
    Tia (Pepperjax) I have that mod in question, and I have one of my FT News Legacy sims be home-schooled and she is still able to attend the proms at the public school.
    Really I didn't think they could still attend prom. I don't use it that much unless I am not sending anyone to University it messes my game up.

Yep and her step-sisters who are in in the Arts school-from the same mod are also able to attend the public school's prom. So can Ella's future husband who is also homeschool can attend prom too.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Bump