Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sails Ho! A Houseboat Building Contest! - Cancelled

Due to real life issues I am unable to maintain this contest. I am dealing with some personal problems and after the 23 I also will not have internet, and I do not even know when I will get it. I am sorry to all those that I let down, including my gracious judges and sponsors! I hope you all will understand!

z5193e82b42faa_zps74beb7d9.gif

Welcome to another fabulous contest, hosted by yours truly! The other day I was inspired by the Island Paradise Forum, so I am bringing to you a building contest that can give you the chance to win a digital download copy of Island Paradise! Of course, I have never gifted a digital download before, so when the winner is chosen, please bare with me as I try to accommodate you! :)

This contest will run from now until June 15! Judging will take place between June 15 and
June 22!
This time period is subject to change to accommodate for all participating in judging! If you would like to judge or sponsor, please let me know! You can contact me on my profile page or send me an email, which can be found in my about me section!

Current Judges:
christinebremner
Rawr2019
Shinrikyo

Current Prizes:
First Place - Digital Download of Island Paradise!
Second Place - 600
Third Place - 400

1000sp sponsored by christinebremner!

Now, my inspiration has stemmed from this thread: Lets Play: Build a Houseboat!
Your job will be to build a houseboat! Want more details? Then head to the next post!

Comments

• Options
    ShinrikyoShinrikyo Posts: 2,142 Member
    edited May 2013
    z5193e85d62df1_zps373d029f.gif

SimGuruSemedi has provided the following information about house boats. Please read the following information carefully as it will contain your basic guidelines for building the houseboat:

Here are the different sizes you'll get to work with... Remember, on a houseboat you'll be able to build walls all the way to the edge of the boat. If you want to be able to go fishing off your boat, you'll need to leave an open space somewhere along the edge of the hull that's at least 3 tiles long and 2 tiles deep.

Barge, Small - 10x8
    Barge, Medium - 15x10
    Barge, Large - 20x15
    Barge, Narrow - 14x6
    Curved Bow, Narrow - 14x6
    Curved Bow, Wide - 12x8

Basic Guidelines to building a house boat for this contest:

etoile1pt.gif Your "boat" must be built on any of the above sized lots. Apparently in Island Paradise house boats, you will be able to build walls all the way to the edge of the lot. If you want to make your boat seem like the walls are going to the edge, then you may build on a larger lot. So for example, you want to make a 10x8 and build all the way to the edge. Then feel free to build on a slightly larger lot. The largest lot that will be accepted is 25x25.
    etoile1pt.gifYour "boat" can have a maximum of 3 stories, and only one basement.
    etoile1pt.gifYour "boat" must have at least one bedroom, one bathroom, and one eating/recreational area. The rest is absolutely up to you!
    etoile1pt.gifYou may use all EPs, SPs, worlds, and store content. Please keep store content to an appropriate amount, as I do not own the whole store, but quite a large portion of it. If you decide to use Monte Vista, Barnacle Bay, or Sweet Treats, please take a screen shot of the items you use so we can compare when we judge the lots. Rawr and I combined are missing these EPs/worlds.
    etoile1pt.gifCreate a Pattern is alright providing you link to the pattern.
    etoile1pt.gifABSOLUTELY NO CC! ITEMS FROM EVENTS OUTSIDE OF THE EA STORE ARE NOT ALLOWED.
    etoile1pt.gifAll lots must be uploaded the exchange on this website. No exceptions!!
    etoile1pt.gifAll lots/patterns will be checked through custard. Nothing will be downloaded until after it is checked.
    etoile1pt.gifYour build must be brand new and for this contest only.

WORD OF CAUTION:These lots cannot be placed onto a houseboat in Island Paradise, so be forewarned!

Scoring Guide:
    Following rules: 10
    House exterior: 20
    House Interior: 20
    Detail/Completeness: 20
    Creativity: 20
    Playability: 10
    Bonus - Themed - 10

Total possible points: 110

Entry Form:
    Username:
    Lot size:
    Lot name:
    Description:
    Link to exchange:
    Pictures: (No more than 8 - Link to more photos)
    Other:

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    z5193e88ed7ba9_zpse32e4c58.gif

Legend:
    :-o - Entry received, not yet checked
    :thumbup: - Cleared through Custard
    :thumbdown: - Failed to clear through Custard
    :mrgreen: - Entry completed

• Options
    edited May 2013
    z5193e8ab60274_zpsb7a9a798.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    HOUSEBOAT:
    A houseboat is a boat that has been designed or modified to be used primarily as a human dwelling. Some houseboats are not motorized, because they are usually moored, kept stationary at a fixed point and often tethered to land to provide utilities. However, many are capable of operation under their own power.

Whatsociallife's Funky Floater's contest: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/674477.page#10728195
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    -Extra-
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You may now post! :D
  • Options
    JABWARRIOR1JABWARRIOR1 Posts: 2,360 Member
    edited May 2013
    I might enter this if I have time it's a great idea :)

The only thing I'd really like to know about IP is can we build community lots on boats, I'd love to see a floating cafe and be able to hop to it from my house boat and get a bite to eat
  • Options
    edited May 2013

The only thing I'd really like to know about IP is can we build community lots on boats, I'd love to see a floating cafe and be able to hop to it from my house boat and get a bite to eat
    I agree! That would be a really amazing edition the expansion! A little floating restaurant that you could reach on your aqua sled!! :D
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    bump! :)
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited May 2013

Wasn't there a picture of a junk yard houseboat posted by Graham Nardone?

To OP: I'm afraid I read on the IP subforum that we canNOT put existing lots on houseboats. :(
    Poof:
    [...] While you won't be able to take a normal lot and drop it down onto a houseboat[...]
    Just wanted to let you know...
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    christinebremnerchristinebremner Posts: 3,513 Member
    edited May 2013
    It's a great idea Shin! :thumbup:

I will sponsor it as well, and back it up with 1000sp ;)

FEvr1sR.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Erja888 wrote:

To OP: I'm afraid I read on the IP subforum that we canNOT put existing lots on houseboats. :(
    Poof:
    [...] While you won't be able to take a normal lot and drop it down onto a houseboat[...]
    Thanks for the information. I guess I should post a warning but I still want to host the contest. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    It's a great idea Shin! :thumbup:

I will sponsor it as well, and back it up with 1000sp ;)
    Thanks Christine! I will edit the first post! :D
  • Options
    readreadreadreadreadreadreadread Posts: 6,243 Member
    edited May 2013
    Sounds fun! I'll be lurking, and rec'ing!
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited May 2013
    Shinrikyo wrote:
    Erja888 wrote:

Poof:
    Thanks for the information. I guess I should post a warning but I still want to host the contest. :)
    As I said I just wanted to let you know. I didn't want you being frustrated when you find out you can't place them on houseboats. (This might be because of the houseboat sizes being different from lot sizes?!) However, I wish you all the best with your contest.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    becca_una83becca_una83 Posts: 1,664 Member
    edited May 2013
    There is already a houseboat contest

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/674477.page#10728195

You may be aware of that already if so carry on lol
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    There is already a houseboat contest

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/674477.page#10728195

You may be aware of that already if so carry on lol
    I was unaware, but thanks for linking it! When I did a forum search I didn't notice anything new! Maybe we can link to each other! Lol
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Erja888 wrote:
    Shinrikyo wrote:
    Erja888 wrote:

Poof:
    As I said I just wanted to let you know. I didn't want you being frustrated when you find out you can't place them on houseboats. (This might be because of the houseboat sizes being different from lot sizes?!) However, I wish you all the best with your contest.
    Of course! I put a warning just so other simmers don't get upset either! I didn't realize you couldn't place them on the houseboats, which is kind of silly, but you are right, it probably has something to do with the sizing.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Sounds fun! I'll be lurking, and rec'ing!
    Thanks read!
  • Options
    JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited May 2013
    Sounds like fun, bookmarking now. I am not completely sure if I have time to participate but I would like to.
  • Options
    readreadreadreadreadreadreadread Posts: 6,243 Member
    edited May 2013

Sounds romantic!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Bump! If you can't enter Jessabeans feel free to lurk! :3
  • Options
    JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited May 2013
    Shinrikyo wrote:
    Bump! If you can't enter Jessabeans feel free to lurk! :3

I'm a bad lurker, but I do love to bump and rec.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Just a quick bump before bed! :D
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Bump! Nobody is interested in houseboats, or I created this at a stupid time! Lol