Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sunlit Tides Functioning Volcano! No Mods or CC!

Comments

• Options
    CwayvaaCwayvaa Posts: 52 New Member
    edited April 2013
    THIS IS AMAZING!!!

I'm dying inside that I don't have all the stuff to download it :cry:

But if I ever do, I will definitely download!! :wink:
  • Options
    clubersclubers Posts: 7,958 Member
    edited April 2013
    Cwayvaa wrote:
    THIS IS AMAZING!!!

I'm dying inside that I don't have all the stuff to download it :cry:

But if I ever do, I will definitely download!! :wink:

Which ones are you missing? I put next to the requirements why they are required, so you can check those out and maybe you have enough to not miss out on too much of it.
  • Options
    KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    edited April 2013
    Wow! That is the coolest thing!

I love how you can make all this awesome stuff without Mods or CC. You're so talented! :)

I don't have AS so I can't use the Hot Air Balloon. But I bet it will still be cool!

Edit: I forgot I don't have the entry system either. Do you think it will substitute the barrier ropes from Late Night? Or just leave it empty?
    giphy.gif

• Options
    edited April 2013
    KATENESS wrote:
    Wow! That is the coolest thing!

I love how you can make all this awesome stuff without Mods or CC. You're so talented! :)

I don't have AS so I can't use the Hot Air Balloon. But I bet it will still be cool!

Edit: I forgot I don't have the entry system either. Do you think it will substitute the barrier ropes from Late Night? Or just leave it empty?

It's your option... I guess you can use the barrier ropes to set a bribe level to get in. Honestly, the barrier system isn't that necessary, you really don't need it.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Oops. Double Post.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    r3mr3m Posts: 1,723 Member
    edited April 2013
    This is genius! I would have never imagined to combine those objects and logic like that (fog emitter, llamas, etc.)! Great work, clubers! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Wow I might have to download this. Does it still work as a rabbithole if your sim has a job in the criminal career?

The view of Sunlit Tides from the hot air balloon on the volcano is incredible.

Edit
    I could place this on one of the islands in Island Paradise as well. It could be like they go on a tour of the volcano while their on vacation.

Oh I forgot to add, the criminal rabbithole still works perfectly fine!
  • Options
    gngrsnpgngrsnp Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited April 2013
    Okay this is a must have. Ingenious! Something fun, now, to do when I play the Island. Thank you Thank you. Rec'd and DL.
  • Options
    MSladyTSOMSladyTSO Posts: 2,586 Member
    edited April 2013
    This is so clever!!! Great job! going to rec it after I submit this. It's silly, but the "pull the lever" to see the volcano made me think it would be fun if the lever was in the shape of a finger. It would take "Pull my finger" to a whole new level. (I said it was silly...lol)

PS - my love for Sunlit Tides is definitely still alive - I just started playing it a few weeks ago, and it is truly gorgeous. It makes me feel really relaxed like a resort community would.

PSS - your volcano makes me yearn for the ability to script our game. I used to "play" with a chat program called "The Palace", where you could learn a simple scripting language and use it VERY creatively to make different things happen in the graphic environment. You would set a place holder "object" and then click that object to type the scripting into it. With a little imagination you could make all sorts of thing happen within the limitations of the 2D environment. Was SO fun. You would have been a natural there!! Actually it still exists - www.thepalace.com - but on a much smaller scale (and apparently overrun by Anime avatars)- run by the diehard devotees of that chat community. Good times back in late 1990s.

• Options
    LadyLaFleurLadyLaFleur Posts: 2,185 Member
    edited April 2013
    And I just happen to have an active ST game that could use this ;)

Fav'd and rec'd!
    "This game lends itself to certain abuses." - Calvin
  • Options
    CMWarrenCMWarren Posts: 1,092 Member
    edited April 2013
    congrads on making the hot air ballon worthwhile... now I am considering getting AS.
  • Options
    ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited April 2013
    Absolutely fantastic, Clubers! You said you'd do it and you did! Brilliant! Thanks so much. I just downloaded and left a rec for you and this is going in my game as soon as I get back from a little vacation. I can't wait! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited April 2013
  • Options
    dreamsong1968dreamsong1968 Posts: 4,473 Member
    edited April 2013
    clubers wrote:
    I know it is a little late for this, since the Sunlit Tides craze has died down, but I have made "The Lair" from Sunlit Tides actually work as a functioning volcano! See for yourself! I felt the Store General Discussion would be the best place to show it.

This is AWESOME!! Can I add it here?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    clubers wrote:
    I know it is a little late for this, since the Sunlit Tides craze has died down, but I have made "The Lair" from Sunlit Tides actually work as a functioning volcano! See for yourself! I felt the Store General Discussion would be the best place to show it.

This is AWESOME!! Can I add it here?

Of course! :D
  • Options
    NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    edited April 2013
    Now that you made this, I realize EA should have made some way for it to do this anyways. This is very nice. Creative and well done.
  • Options
    JEREMYSIMS01JEREMYSIMS01 Posts: 727 Member
    edited April 2013
    This looks great. I have downloaded and will try it out the next time I play Sunlit Tides. I have everything in my game except the HAB. It will be interesting to see what proxy shows up. Thanks for sharing your creation!
    Sims4SIG_zps6253f8f2.jpg
  • Options
    SimGuruTaterTotSimGuruTaterTot Posts: 206 SimGuru (retired)
    edited April 2013
    :shock:
  • Options
    edited April 2013

I'd take that as a compliment ;)
  • Options
    simhead70simhead70 Posts: 614 Member
    edited April 2013
    Wow!!! How in the world did you do that??? :shock: :D I know you sorta explained it on the first page. I just (pause) Still Don't Know! Amazing this is getting a big huge REC from me. Thank you for sharing this wonderfully bazaar idea. :D:wink:
    b141edb2-262e-48c6-a432-99db802758b0_zpspfbmwyih.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2013

Just the reaction I was hoping for! :wink:

Edit: Oh my! I suddenly remembered that I never added that I attached a moodlet to the lot, "Oppressive Heat," so now I added that to the front page.
  • Options
    SeanieRockz44SeanieRockz44 Posts: 852 New Member
    edited April 2013
    Wow!
    I don't have Aurora Skies or the Cinema, but I have the rest so the actual explosion should work,right?

Also, does this automatically replace the rabbit hole in Sunlit Tides or do I have to delete the rabbit hole and place the new one?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Wow!
    I don't have Aurora Skies or the Cinema, but I have the rest so the actual explosion should work,right?

Also, does this automatically replace the rabbit hole in Sunlit Tides or do I have to delete the rabbit hole and place the new one?

Yeah, the explosion will work. Read the details, I put in parentheses what the sets are used for. Only World Adventures and Ambitions are needed for the explosion, so you should be good. :wink:

Oh, and no, it will not automatically replace the rabbithole. All you have to do is delete the lot and then place this lot instead.
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited April 2013
    :shock: This is amazing! Sadly it just makes me wish I had Sunlit Tides but your creativity is exceptional.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    simhead70 wrote:
    Wow!!! How in the world did you do that??? :shock: :D I know you sorta explained it on the first page. I just (pause) Still Don't Know! Amazing this is getting a big huge REC from me. Thank you for sharing this wonderfully bazaar idea. :D:wink:

I've been meaning to respond to this for awhile, but I never had the time to collect my thoughts. Well, now, I do...

First, I marked where the volcano rabbithole was orginally was and I moved it over. Then, I raised the terrain to maximum height and built the maximum amount of levels and I placed the rabbithole back in its spot. There I found that it was a bit too high, so I had to adjust the terrain height so that the ceiling of the top floor was right below the walking area of the volcano. Once I got the right height, I used CFE to put the terrain back so it was flat and I removed the walls so that all there was was the floor. Then, I used moveobjects to place the objects all the way up there.

As for the eruption effect, I basically adjusted the steps shown in this guide, except the effect I used was "ep2meteorstrike."

I also put a tomb romb object outside and set it to "fire" so that you get the "Oppressive Heat" moodlet when on the lot.

The rest is mostly just regular building. Oh, and if you saw that tower right beside the volcano, I made that so that you don't have to click level up a bunch of times to get to the top. In each level of the tower is a level skip marker (It came with the Late Night patch), so this makes the highest floor and the ground floor the same floor level!