Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Shower thoughts about Supernatural Sims

One thing about supernatural sims that I've never really thought about until recently came about when I had my vampire sims eating out at a restaurant. Vampires can only drink plasma or eat plasma fruits and since their thirst goes up while at the restaurant they must've had plasma or something containing it. So that got me wondering, do restaurants have special menus for Vampires and/or other supernaturals? Do other stores carry products or cater to the specific needs of different supernaturals? I don't think it's ever stated anywhere since Sims don't treat Supernaturals differently from human sims but it does make you wonder. Plus I think it could add to the lore of the sims.

If you have any similar thoughts feel free to share! I love to read them.

Comments

• Options
    Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    I'd like to know how vampire Sims can survive commuting to work in bright, direct sunlight especially vampires in careers that require them to be outdoors (such as fishing). Are they in specialty vehicles that shield them from the sun? Do they carry an umbrella around them at all times? Do they drink specialty potions during work that protect them against the sun?
    A1hnP0t.png
  • Options
    KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    edited May 2022
    One thing about supernatural sims that I've never really thought about until recently came about when I had my vampire sims eating out at a restaurant. Vampires can only drink plasma or eat plasma fruits and since their thirst goes up while at the restaurant they must've had plasma or something containing it. So that got me wondering, do restaurants have special menus for Vampires and/or other supernaturals? Do other stores carry products or cater to the specific needs of different supernaturals? I don't think it's ever stated anywhere since Sims don't treat Supernaturals differently from human sims but it does make you wonder. Plus I think it could add to the lore of the sims.

If you have any similar thoughts feel free to share! I love to read them.
    Depends on your headcanon of whether or not vampires and such are out in the open.

If they are, then much like specialty items in our universe, they would be catered to like anyone else.

If not, then consider that certain occults either look mortal or have a mortal form through which to conduct business. If they're high up in a business, they might trickle down supernatural-based items and services using discreet methods. For example: TS4 has Plasma Janes available in every bar. Are plasma fruits/extracts being shipped to them amidst their other fruits, and thus not cause for alarm or questioning if ordered? That would make the most sense.
    Ray_Trace wrote: »
    I'd like to know how vampire Sims can survive commuting to work in bright, direct sunlight especially vampires in careers that require them to be outdoors (such as fishing). Are they in specialty vehicles that shield them from the sun? Do they carry an umbrella around them at all times? Do they drink specialty potions during work that protect them against the sun?
    Umbrellas, usually. Besides, it's not strange to carry a parasol/umbrella around if needed, and in the case of fishing, per se, a standing umbrella/canopy could be installed probably quite easily.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).