Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there still a way to legally get Sims2 Ultimate Collection?

SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
edited May 2022 in The Sims 2
I know it is no longer supported through Origin. I had ALL of the Sims2 CDs but my laptop doesn't have a CD drive and I don't have an external drive. I saw something about a DJ's version but I don't know if that is legit.

I've looked on reddit but I saw a bunch of confusing info and couldn't find a link.

Thanks in advance!
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    There is currently not a legal way to get it on the PC.

Mac's I still think have access to the Super Collection which is basically their version. It has all but the last few packs that were never ported to Mac.
  • Options
    Thanks. I wish my pc's hard drive hadn't failed. I would have tried to copy it over and installed it (as my laptop is newer and runs better). Even with the CDs, I've heard that newer versions of Windows can't run them.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Just the discs, really. Buy an external disk drive. It has been reduced to an accessory now, but you can run disks with it.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Also, compatibility mods. I haven't messed with 2 in a bit, but I found a mod to get Sims 1 working on my current laptop. There is bound to be something for 2.
  • Options
    I know it was a lot for them to manage, but I wish they would re-release it on Origin. At the time it was available my internet was so crappy I wasn't able to load it. I only recently got a new ISP that has unlimited data. I spent 20+ years with data caps.

I know #firstworldproblems

Still hoping I can figure out how to get it working.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    yeah sadly didn't get it when they put it on origin i wish they would re add it

i've lost most of my old sims games to time and the remaining discs are in really rough shape

not to talk of having to get disc drive thingy if i were to even try to play them
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    The discs can be played on Windows 10. I did it myself through Seasons. It was some work to get Windows 10 to accept SafeDisk DRM which is why it won't let you play it, since MS disabled Windows 7 and Windows 10 from being able to play any disc with SafeDisk as the copy protection.

Also, Securom on the discs or store versions like Fun with Pets etc. is why those later discs starting with H&M won't be able to be installed. There is a long work around to get Windows 10 to play the discs since it's your pc and not MS's, but it does take a tutorial. But yes, you can play the game with discs.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    movefan89movefan89 Posts: 60 Member
    Hopefully they will put it back on origin. I have a few of the sims 2 packs but if I got a used copy on eBay of the expansion packs, would they still work?
  • Options
    If you have to register the game code it will probably not work, but if you only need the code to make the disks work then it might.

I have Windows 7 Ultimate on my desktop so it won't read the Sims2 disks (and it won't detect my mouse so I can't use it until I figure that problem out).

I believe the dogs chewed at least two of my Sims2 CDs and my brother broke at least one.
  • Options
    @Suceress so I can enter my sims 2 codes in origin?
  • Options
    SquirrelMoonSquirrelMoon Posts: 13 New Member
    @movefan89 You can enter the codes it's more a matter of if the person before you used em.
  • Options
    SquirrelMoonSquirrelMoon Posts: 13 New Member
    I do believe that if you contact EA support you may have a chance of them giving you it
  • Options
    I believe EA said they no longer support it though.
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    @movefan89 You can enter the codes it's more a matter of if the person before you used em.

If it's a disc, it doesn't matter if someone's used the code or not for Sims 2.

For Sims 2, the code only has to be unique for registering the game which is no longer possible.
  • Options
    @Seera1024 yeah I asked if I could add my sims 2 games on my origin and they said no. I guess you can get it from someone?
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
    Hey all,

Due to its age and incompatibility with modern hardware/software we no longer offer The Sims 2 for sale I'm afraid.

I'll be closing this thread as I've had to remove piracy discussions from it 3 times now.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top