Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Missing Sims. Find or delete help please.

Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
Basically, I had a Sim get another sim pregnant, I left her to bring up the kids. Now I have decided that actually the dad wants them. But they are nowhere to be found. They are however showing in the family tree as alive. Mums photo has gone though.
I have tried summoning through MCCC and testingcheats and it says Sim not found. I have checked the 'hidden families' on MCCC menu too and nothing...

Any way to get them back? And if not, is there any way to just remove them as I don't want them to basically be immortal in the family tree...

Edit to add: Sorry if this is in the wrong place. Been awhile since I posted a plea for help.
Gallery name: Anna-Banna

Comments

• Options
    BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    edited April 2022
    You might look in the gallery even inside household with different names.
    Been there, done that. :)
  • Options
    I have looked through all the unplayed and played houses in the list. They have literally vanished. But surely they must be somewhere for their pictures to remain in the family tree?
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    If the parent dies (or was culled?) and the kids are younger than teen, and no other parent or other teen-or-older sim remains in the house, the kids cease to exist.
    I don't remember if sims' pictures stay in the family tree when that happens, so not sure if that is your situation.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited April 2022
    only guess is they went into the hidden sims bin if you used cheat remove from family in which you just have to wait they walkby somewhere snatch them in household and delete in cas but its pain in the butt to find these sims when they get inside hidden sim bin

I myself have probably trillion clones of this one photographer sim of mine that sometimes show up on lots and i try to catch them and delete whenever i am not in 8 sim household :sweat_smile:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    I have used MCCC to try to find them in the hidden household too. I looked at the notes for the error it logged when I tried to summon them and it says this: (but they are there in the list.)

[Apr-26-2022 22:18:36]Attempted to Summon a culled or netherworld ghost Sim to the lot, which EA's code does not allow: Damian Bheeda
    [Apr-26-2022 22:19:38]Attempted to Summon a culled or netherworld ghost Sim to the lot, which EA's code does not allow: Betsy Bheeda
    @mightysprite Sounds like that could be the reason. The mums pic has gone and she would have been the only adult. Strange the kids pics have stayed though.

So I guess they are gone for good. Forever immortalised. Unless I have a way of deleting them altogether?
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    They will probably disappear from the family tree eventually. Culled sims who were culled while alive rather than as a ghost almost always stay in the family trees for me when they are first culled....but it is also just a matter of time before they purge from the family tree too (talking generations though).
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    This mod may be worth checking out:

Show/Search sim Info
    https://modthesims.info/d/576053/show-search-sim-info-mod.html

It has an extensive search system - details how to use it are on the mod page.

It hasn't been updated for awhile, but it runs perfectly fine.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    Thank you @ModerateOsprey I will defintely give that a try as well. Failing that, can anyone think of a cool story for them as to why they are immortal children?
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Thank you @ModerateOsprey I will defintely give that a try as well. Failing that, can anyone think of a cool story for them as to why they are immortal children?

Sounds like the start of a world dominating dynasty to me where keeping the immortal bloodline must be kept at all costs
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    ================================================================================
    Sim Info 2022/04/27 18:42:49 - Sim Time:Week 149, Day 5 (Thursday) 00:14:28
    ================================================================================
    --- Basic Info
    Name : Betsy Bheeda (Broken Sim)
    Sim ID : 88110272748131781
    Species : Human
    Occult Type : None

Sim Info 2022/04/27 18:43:15 - Sim Time:Week 149, Day 5 (Thursday) 00:14:28
    --- Basic Info
    Name : Damian Bheeda (Broken Sim)
    Sim ID : 88110272748197322
    Species : Human
    Occult Type : None

ZqSPKEw.png

That was the info that the Mod gave me. I don't think they can be saved. :( Thank you @ModerateOsprey