Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Alryne Valley - ***BETA 1.2 - 8/3/23*** Dive Lots Possible - Read 1st Post

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    texanskytexansky Posts: 1,347 Member

I was able to find a copy of the base game (version 1) with the diamond pattern all over the front cover that appears to have the insert that the key code usually comes on. It was only $2.99 with $5.00 shipping. I was also able to pick up four expansions that I didn't have on disk. Two were $5.99 and two were $7.99. All were from the same seller and it says, "The Winner Adds $5.00 for shipping and yes I do combine shipping." I'm not sure if that means the shipping charges will be reduced or not. They've already shipped in one package, but Paypal still shows the five charges to my bank account have the $25.00 total shipping costs.

I also found Katy Perry with Showtime offered with a minimum bid of $5.50. I'm not 100% sure that it has the key code, but it looks like the insert may be behind the one offering exclusive content. I messaged the seller but haven't heard back yet. I did put in a bid, but it doesn't end for six more days, and there is no buy now option.

If I understand right, when I am installing the expansion packs, I want to decline all offers to install Origin? Do I need to turn off my Wifi whenever I play the game, or can I log in on the launcher in order to install my store content items? I am pretty sure that I own the entire store.
  • Options
    ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    @texansky If the seller said they combine shipping, then they should've charged a flat shipping rate for all the items you purchased.
    If I understand right, when I am installing the expansion packs, I want to decline all offers to install Origin? Do I need to turn off my Wifi whenever I play the game, or can I log in on the launcher in order to install my store content items? I am pretty sure that I own the entire store.

Yes, decline the offer to install Origin.

You don't need to turn off your Wifi to play the game. All that will happen is that when you open the launcher, you'll get an annoying message that says "Can't connect to Origin," and another message when you close out the game that goes, "Still uploading." Just close the windows.

As for store content:

1. Go to the Sims 3 store and log in with your EA account.
    2. Go to Store-->My Store Account-->Purchase History to see all the items you bought through the store or were gifted.
    3. Click on the download button, and the items will download to the launcher.

EiFlric.png
  • Options
    @ts1depot
    Good to know! Thank you for sharing your knowledge with me. I appreciate it very much.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    @texansky You're welcome, and glad to be of help.

P.S. to everyone in general: If on the off-chance that EIG is patched to work with EA App, don't feel that going back to 1.67 was for naught, because remember--with 1.67, you will never have to worry about anything interfering with your game again. It's truly yours to keep and play offline as long as you want.
    EiFlric.png
  • Options

I managed to hijack my own discussion thread. :lol: Sorry for that detour on how to install 1.67.

Back on topic!

I have uploaded the Alpha version of Alryne Valley to Mediafire for anyone interested in trying it out. I edited the first post of this discussion to correct some previously published information and to include new information on the world. I also added the download link to the latest copy of the world. I plan to keep the first post updated with the most recent version of Alryne Valley as it is being developed.

The first spoiler at the top of the second post includes the addresses of all of the commercial lots and what has been placed on them.

The second spoiler in that post includes a list of the streets where residential lots can be found and how many lots are on each street.

Click below to download the current world to date. Check the first post of the discussion for any future versions.
    Alryne Valley - alpha

If you are a builder, this is the world for you as only one residential lot has been placed.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Alryne Valley has been upgraded to Beta.

By clicking the link above, you can download a zip file containing the Alryne Valley.Sims3Pack file. Put the file in your downloads folder and use the launcher to install the world. Be sure to completely uninstall the previous version before installing the new one.

I have added eight residential properties - six mobile homes and two proper homes.

I have provided more complete information on my blog, The Legacy Report. Further information and more recent versions of the world will be shared there.
    Post edited by texansky on
  • Options

I apologize to anyone following this discussion who tried to go to the link on WordPress. Apparently, the link was being added to the end of the URL for the forum and not going to the site. I have corrected the link above and in the original post and they should work as intended now.

I will only be posting notifications here when the world is upgraded. I have provided more complete information for Alryne Valley on my blog, The Legacy Report. Further information and more recent versions of the world will be shared there.

For those on their computers, the link to my blog is located in my signature.
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    I just realized that the IP trees along the shore were replaced by oak trees in beta 1.0 when I made modifications to the alpha version and saved beta 1.0 without having IP installed.

I had switched to a disk install so I could use Edit in Game with Create a World.

I should have the rest of my disk collection by the end of next week (5/27) and will have a new, and correct, beta available as soon as possible.

I apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience while I fix this issue.
  • Options

The trees have been replaced and beta 1.1 has been uploaded to Mediafire. See the first post for a link to download Alryne Valley beta 1.1, or visit The Legacy Report for more details. The "Download Alryne Valley" post at the top of the blog will always have a link to the most recent world file.
  • Options
    There is a Jinx - Raven Shadow rabbit hole door inside the lobby for the science facility. I didn't think about mentioning it before as it slipped my mind. This should be the only custom content in Alryne Valley.
  • Options

I have released Alryne Valley beta 1.2 on Mediafire.
  • Options
    I have created two save files for Alryne Valley beta 1.2. Visit The Legacy Report and click on the Download Alryne Valley pinned post at the top of the blog for more info and links to the world file and the two save files.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Alryne Valley - Beta 1.2 - released 8/3/23:

Click the link to download Alryne_Valley_beta_1-2. This zip file contains only the Sims3Pack for the world of Alryne Valley.

There is a Jinx - Raven Shadow rabbit hole door inside the lobby for the science facility. If you don't have (or don't want) these rabbit holes installed in your game, you may replace my science facility with the Landgraab Science Facility from Sunset Valley. Don't forget to use buydebug to remove the fishing spawners before bulldozing my lot to prepare for placing the Landgraab lot.

For those who prefer not to build homes, I have also provided two save files for Alryne Valley to go with the beta 1.2 world.

Contains Residential Homes:
    Alryne_Valley_Lots_Only_beta_1-2.zip contains the world with 49 of the 64 residential lots developed with either homes from the games and expansions, or my personal builds. There are 15 remaining empty residential lots. 41 community lots have also been placed with 6 remaining undeveloped commercial lots. This save file is ideal if you want to use your own Sims to populate the world.

Populated World:
    Alryne_Valley_Populated_beta_1-2.zip contains the above save file populated with sixteen families. Twelve households were generated by Nraas Story Progression (Flanagan, Loyd, Mann, Mauldin/Penn, McLaughlin, Proffitt, Ramirez, Reedy, Smallwood, Stein, Tyler, and Vera), and four are my creations (Amethyst, Forsythe, Random Hotties, and Three's Company). This save file would be best for those who want just to install the world and jump right into playing without a lot of preparation.
  • Options

For detailed information about the save files for Alryne Valley beta 1.2, lots, and residents, visit the blog post: Alryne Valley Save Files - beta 1.2
    alryne_valley_save_file.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Can you add a dive lot to Alryne Valley? Short answer: YES!!

Click here to find out how I did it.

diving_in_alryne-valley.jpg

Many thanks to Dandelion Sprout at Mod the Sims for their work on Mermaid's Park dive lots.

Having no experience with diving or dive lots, I found the instructions they provided to be very helpful in adding Mermaid's Park to my Alryne Valley populated save. My diver is Marcus Cronin, a Sim living in the Three's Company household.

Additional thanks to @Karritz for her video on making a dive lot which was also helpful in getting Mermaid's Park to work.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    NVM. Looks like my post wasn't clear before and wound up causing confusion.
    Post edited by ts1depot on
    EiFlric.png
  • Options

@ts1depot
    I added the dive lot in a save file, not in CAW. Dandelion Sprout's instructions are to test with a Sim and tweak if necessary. Not sure how to do that in a world without a population.

Let me know if you figure it out. I suppose you could build it in CAW and save it to the bin to test in the game.

My map height selection was max. 300x300? Or is it 500x500? I can't remember.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    NVM. Looks like my post wasn't clear, and was creating confusion.
    Post edited by ts1depot on
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    @texansky @ts1depot in my video on how to build a dive lot I provide instructions on how to set the buoy height to stop sims and fish and sharks from swimming in the air and to stop the boats jumping up into the air when entering the dive lot area. I never tried it in CAW. I've never used CAW. The only bit that I can think of that may be affected is the step where you need to save the file, shut down and reload. Without doing that process in the game file you won't be able to decorate it properly. I don't know if that is necessary or even possible in CAW. I used the sim while creating the dive lot just because I couldn't have a game without having a sim in it. Therefore I don't think having a sim would be necessary. You can use surface shark spawners to see if they are swimming in the right place after setting the height of the buoy.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    It looks like I've created a lot of confusion with my earlier comments about CAW and dive lots, so NVM.
    EiFlric.png
  • Options

@ts1depot
    Confusion is never wrong when we are sharing our knowledge with one another. Don't worry about it. I appreciate all of your comments.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top