Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will we get any Medieval content ?

Comments

• Options
    temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Cybersbe wrote: »
    > @Chazzzy said:
    > Might be interesting as a separate game, but I wouldn’t want to see a TS4 pack dedicated to this idea. My Sims live in modern times. I’m not a fan of futuristic packs or past historical packs either.

The way I see it, we already have plenty of packs that allow one to scratch their Sci-Fi itch, so I feel medieval fans should get some too.

There are ways such a pack wouldn’t even have to break the modern setting. Either have a town that’s old-fashioned (though still can use modern tech) as a new world, or do the “renaissance fair” idea mentioned earlier.

Also, in addition to my most-wanted feature of sword fighting, I think a medieval pack would be the perfect excuse to bring horses to the Sims 4.

You win. I would buy a Medieval pack if it included rideable horses :D

Why wouldn't a medieval pack have rideable horses, what kind of Knight would walk everywhere?
  • Options
    ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    Sims Medieval could and should have been so much more.
    Rideable horses being a huge part of that, they were entirely missing. At the time in Sims3, rideable horses were available so this was and still is a complete mystery to me.

The gameplay in Medieval was hilarious and at the same time restrictive, you had to complete the quests in a certain time. No sandbox and no building. It was a great game but terrible at the same time.
    For YEARS I've wanted them to revisit this and do it justice but have given up hope.
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    edited January 2022
    Oh, that would be so nice to have a medieval world. That modern time only is sometime nice, but I like to choose which era I want to play, without annoyance of the modern world. And storywise, it could be settled in the modern sims games, but just the own world. For example in France a projects is building a castle/fortress with the original era tools and old craftsmanship, that could lead as inspiration for a medieval sims world.
    Edit:
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guédelon_Castle
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    Daravi wrote: »
    Oh, that would be so nice to have a medieval world. That modern time only is sometime nice, but I like to choose which era I want to play, without annoyance of the modern world. And storywise, it could be settled in the modern sims games, but just the own world. For example in France a projects is building a castle/fortress with the original era tools and old craftsmanship, that could lead as inspiration for a medieval sims world.
    Edit:
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guédelon_Castle

There's a whole bunch of British series on Amazon Prime Video about experimental archeologists spending a year or so living "in the past" so to speak. There's a Victorian Farm series, an Edwardian Farm series that I'm currently watching and I think they've got a Medieval Farm series that I haven't watched yet. They're pretty much living the way the people did during those time periods (cooking, tilling crops, herding animals, etc.) using the same style furniture (I'm not sure if they had special pieces made where it's modern, but meant to look old or not or if they actually are using antique furniture.) So that could be a thing in the modern world of Sims 4 to kind of justify any Medieval content (which could also be used for historical saves) I've heard Experimental Archeology is super fun, one of my professors who studies the Vikings was doing a paper on calorie consumption in the shield wall formation, so he had to get a bunch of other people, get everyone dressed up as a Viking and strap devices on them that measure the amount of calories they burned just maintaining a shield wall while other people pushed against them. I could see my science sims doing that. :D
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I've seen some of those shows mentioned above and liked them - I love history. It's not medieval but years ago I watched a show about building a Roman villa with period-appropriate tools and visited when it became a tourist attraction. It was good to see it, but a shame they didn't have any furniture in the villa at the time. I've never made it back so I don't know whether they do now. If anyone's curious, it's Wroxeter Roman villa.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    MyrrhawaMyrrhawa Posts: 1,298 Member
    TSM_Stocks_zps9f9a59a4.jpg
    More photos
    tumblr_nt1u2tH5cj1sicac5o1_500.gif
  • Options
    TheSimsMedieval_Blacksmith_zps51ab6c2c.jpg
    More job ideas
  • Options
    sims_medieval_2_zps962db70f.jpg
    Job idea
  • Options
    the-sims-medieval-pirates-and-nobles_001_zpsa46c7601.jpg
    Hobby/ pets
    Pet dragons *hint hint* with a post or perch to stand on.
  • Options
    The-Sims-Medieval-Crystal-Writing-By-Candlelight_656x369_zps30f1f369.jpg
    Scribe
  • Options
    screenshot_01012_zpsf46f5fd7.jpg
    Cooking
  • Options
    TSM_CookHouse_zps148a0f19.jpg

More ways of cooking
  • Options
    The-Sims-Medieval-Screenshots-411_zpsdbdcc7a7.jpg
    Chess ?
  • Options
    YAoqg6El.jpg
    cure making for sick sims
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    kawecki_MedievalWagon_3_zps835f0201.jpg

horse and wagon
  • Options
    ws_The_Sims-_Medieval_1440x900_zpsf2246410.jpg
    Bards, nobles , monks, pirates

• Options
    ts_medieval_71_zpsc429e13f.jpg
    Markets
  • Options
    header_695_the_sims_medieval_zps2b3fe78b.jpg
    Jesters/Magicians / Puppeteers
  • Options
    4863236446_220bf7ed05_o_zpsc2e6ab22.jpg
    Air mail
  • Options
    fight_zps8b4dbb28.jpg
    Sword fights
  • Options
    CybersbeCybersbe Posts: 108 Member
    As cool as some of those things Myrrhawa listed are, we probably have to stick to stuff you could realistically see in a modern setting.

Blacksmiths, horseback riding, and sword fighting are still around, so they could work.

An outdoor market could work as a world feature.

While pet birds could definitely be implemented, I can't see Air Mail happening because cellphones are universal in the Sims 4.
  • Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    I just bought Medieval and pirates and Nobles bundled in a half price steam sale and was glad I did. Granted it's very different from regular sims games on that its more rpg/ adventure and less sandbox, like you can furnish your castle but cannot move the walls, but it's still refreshing to be able to have action and consequences, missions and strategy.

You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    CybersbeCybersbe Posts: 108 Member
    Another idea for a medieval pack that's occurred to me: for those who like fantasy, perhaps it could also be the pack to bring Fairies to the Sims 4 as an occult type. And seeing as how it's a prime time to bring in horses, perhaps we could have unicorns as well?
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Cybersbe wrote: »
    Another idea for a medieval pack that's occurred to me: for those who like fantasy, perhaps it could also be the pack to bring Fairies to the Sims 4 as an occult type. And seeing as how it's a prime time to bring in horses, perhaps we could have unicorns as well?

I’m more of a fairies fan than a medieval fan.

If we got fantasy-styled clothing or can use modern clothing and detach the fairies and their gameplay away from the historical medieval aspects, then I would be interested.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I still so want Dragons, Fairies, Elves, Gargoyles, Horses, Kings/Queens, Masons & Unicorns. ;)