The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Big is Your Mods Folder?

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,406 Member
    Grannie's Cookbook is on my list of mods to eventually download.

Icemunmun also has some awesome food, drinks, and small appliances cc.

https://icemunmun.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,208 Member
    Mine's empty because I only play Vanilla.
  • Options
    FreygeaFreygea Posts: 867 Member
    edited January 2022
    I have 5 copies of the game folder in my documents, each folder is a different theme. I just rename them when I wish to play that theme. I have a downtown abbey theme folder and the mods folder is 1.6 GBs. I have a Christmas folder and that is about 2 GBs. My arts and crafty type theme is 465 mbs. My magic and occults are 1 GBs . I also have one theme that is split between summer and Fall with 2 of Fraul's houses. That one is 2.gbs.

I like Fraul Engel's houses and have one of her houses in each game folder except the two I have in my summer and fall. (complimenting the theme).

It is so much easier for me to update ui cheats in each folder and just rename whichever I want to currently play at the time then to go through all the cc so my game is not too cluttered every time I want to do something different.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 6,143 Member
    I don't have mods (so far)

• Options
    blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,377 Member
    Mine is 1.57GB so far, it's a combination of mods and cc, though I seem to be adding more to it everyday :D
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 7,048 Member
    I don’t use mods or CC in the sims 4.
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,158 Member
    My mod folder is around 3,08 GB with 1 GB of cc for CAS and 1,45 GB of cc for the build/buy catalogue. Both folders contain mostly things from early decades, like the roaring twenties or the victorian/edwardian or earlier time era. Rest are gameplay mods.
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,073 Member
    I used to have around 30GB of cc/mods, but I've managed to purge a lot of stuff over the past few months and now have it down to about 9GB. Most of that is cc, I only have a handful of mods in my game.

I had a serious cc addiction in Sims 2 and 3, but I find myself not needing as much in Sims 4 anymore.

It's soooo nice to not have to scroll through the build/buy catalogue for 20 minutes trying to find something now!
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,256 Member
    I literally bought a new computer so that I could have more mods... unfortunately, I'm away from that computer until Monday, so I'll check then! The one I am on now doesn't show me the file size... it's just blank.
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,154 Member
    Just checked---90 MB. Yes, MB, not GB---I don't use any of the traditional mods that others do, the ones I have are quite small
  • Options
    MadIrisMadIris Posts: 596 Member
    18gb of hair, clothing, clutter and mods - in that order.
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Grannie's Cookbook is on my list of mods to eventually download.

Icemunmun also has some awesome food, drinks, and small appliances cc.

https://icemunmun.blogspot.com/

Thank you! I just downloaded some of those too like the candy dispenser, soup maker, foods and drinks. I hope they work. I haven't tried to turn on my game yet.

I decided to try adding CC and mods to my game, at least until the new pack comes out. My mod folder is now 119 MB with some custom foods, drinks and appliances from ONI, LittleBowBub and IceMunMun. I will search for clothes and build items next.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,636 Member
    24.5 MB. Quite teeny tiny lol.

I have four little mods:
    *Anti-fear pet training
    *No animations with the shoe sign
    *More club icons
    *No route events (bust the dust)
  • Options
    Darstep0301Darstep0301 Posts: 745 Member
    LynnPlayz1 wrote: »
    Hi, simmers!

I'm finally getting somewhere with upgrading my laptop, but because of my budget I'm sacrificing storage space for ram. So, I was checking to see how much space my Mods folder takes up (so far).

The grand total is 5.62 GBs. That seems like a lot to me; most of my games, like 90%, are under 100 MBs. :o However, I was speaking not to long ago with another simmer who has 380 GBs worth of mods!

So I was wondering how big y'all's folders are? Out of curiosity.

My mods folder is really small when I consider what I use. MCCC for sure, BMD (basemental), Wonderful Whims sister (WW), and KS Explore take up the majority of C-drive space. The rest are small mods life Carl' difficulty mod, lot51 ding and ditch doorbell mod, Wolfdudes alcohol mod, and a few other small kb mods. I found out that the thing with mods is that they slow down the processing speed of the game, so knowing if I wanted a mod in my game was essential. I just removed KS Explore because I never used it except to go to the hsp. I could tell the difference when I reloaded my game. It was faster. My C-drive has 464gb's of which I'm only using 293gb's. If there is one thing I learned about mods is to look at the kb total to see if I want to put that much more on my game. The largest kb total isn't even a mod. It's Gorilla Gorilla pants merch. It's a whopping 88kb's. No other mod or cc is even over 50kbs in comparison.
  • Options
    1.34GB i started w the body sliders for height and figure. Then i shopped alot on the sims catalog because the hair and clothing are limited in base game. After i started experiencing glitches (broken mods) and a bug in the game (the hiking to the top of Mt.Komorebi trail bug) i discovered mods have to be individually updated. For some one w/o mods its a headscratcher at first. Now I need to learn to use the sims mod manager tool, which i dont at this point, (apparently you have to load/unload mods) didnt try loading the mods yet and they work fine. Bottom line is I dont have script mods, i have a few traits mods but other than that id rather wait for legit sims updates.
    Elliandre wrote: »
    Mine is empty, but I like the MCCC and UI extension mods I just took them out for now. I'm curious to know what is your favourite mods or CC in your folder?

I read a little bit about MCCC and i didnt give it a try yet, i know lotta folks use it... seems interesting now lol

If there is one mod that you might want to try out, it would be the MCCC mod. I admit that when we 1st start out loading mods it can be a little wonky. But after you get used to it you can do it in your sleep. Then you will become a mod addict like most of us until you find a way to differentiate what type of game you want to play and then down load that mod. For instance I wanted to play the role of a drug dealer in a save, so I downloaded the Basemental Drugs mod and wa la I'm a dealer. But The MCCC mod is the God of mods to me. W/O it. the game would be a little bland.
  • Options
    Elliandre wrote: »
    I have learned so much about mods and CC from this topic it's so great haha. I really want Christmas CC since I am still having Christmas and New Years parties in my game.

@Karababy52 There is a mod that stops townies from talking to your Sim? :open_mouth: That sounds like a great one. I will look for it.

@LynnPlayz1 Oh my gosh that Grannies Cookbook looks amazing I am already downloading it! :love: I will look for the others they sound great. Normally I am scared of mods but wow so many cute new recipes in that mod I will risk my whole game for Thai Mango Sticky Rice and Taro Bubble Tea. I saw a Tarot Bubble Tea in a Sims video and I was looking everywhere for it, maybe she had this mod :heart:

@rongtudjuuu I like the MCCC mod because you can easily click on Sims and make them friends or delete their relationships. There are many things it can do but that is the main one I know. And also you can click on pregnant Sims and see how many babies and if they are male or female which is fun for nursery decorating.

You can also use MCCC to end a unwanted pregnancy, or make over sims, or delete elder friends before they die to prevent the sad for 3 days buff, or make a elder sim a Y. Adult, or vice versa. The MCCC mod is the God of mods.
  • Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Mine's empty because I only play Vanilla.

How is this possible? I can't live without mods and CC! :D
    He/Him
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,954 Member
    16.2 GB and still growing. I've always liked having mods/cc in Sims games.
  • Options
    Glad to see a huge download folder isn't having an adverse effect on gameplay. I'll continue to collect mods and cc for use when updates come to an end.
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,954 Member
    Glad to see a huge download folder isn't having an adverse effect on gameplay. I'll continue to collect mods and cc for use when updates come to an end.
    Yes. :) I can get completely into my game (64x64 lot loaded and Live mode going) with Reshade and everything in about 2 minutes or less, with Google Chrome windows open and/or YouTube video playing on the side. And still no lag during gameplay but I normally turn Reshade off in Live mode so maybe that would lag but idk.
  • Options
    ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    Just 79.2KB—or, to make it apples-to-apples with the unit most are using in this thread, 0.00008GB.

Just a few bug fixes from Simvasion that fix broken objects (rockets, fireworks) and improve AI behavior (vendors and hospital staff.)

The way folks describe MCCC makes me actually not want to use it. The features some folks on here swear by, I'd be more likely to swear at.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • Options
    I'm especially looking forward to using MCCC. I installed it for a short while a few years ago to set some sim relationships.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    The way folks describe MCCC makes me actually not want to use it. The features some folks on here swear by, I'd be more likely to swear at.

LOL, it's very unobtrusive if you want it to be. There is, literally, nothing which it does that you can't disable and almost everything is also tweakable so that it suits you 100%. I honestly don't think I'd play the game if it didn't exist, simply because it is a great tool for fixing just about anything in the game that gets on your nerves.

I mainly use it so that 'random' npc sims generated by the game don't look ridiculous, but I also love that I can use it to toggle off autonomy for any action in the game. There has never been a Sims game yet where I don't find certain autonomous actions annoying in their frequency (like constantly getting water from the sink in TS4).

This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »

LOL, it's very unobtrusive if you want it to be. There is, literally, nothing which it does that you can't disable and almost everything is also tweakable so that it suits you 100%. I honestly don't think I'd play the game if it didn't exist, simply because it is a great tool for fixing just about anything in the game that gets on your nerves.

I mainly use it so that 'random' npc sims generated by the game don't look ridiculous, but I also love that I can use it to toggle off autonomy for any action in the game. There has never been a Sims game yet where I don't find certain autonomous actions annoying in their frequency (like constantly getting water from the sink in TS4).

Aye, I don't use a fraction of what MCCC has to offer, but what I do use, I wouldn't want to be without.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,158 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »

The option to turn off the monster under the bed, was such a relief, I've literally cried when I saw it. I've turned it off and never activated it again. Mccc is really a helpful tool, I can't imagine a game session without it anymore.