Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Player tested before release

I know the team tries their best to catch obvious bugs before release but it's obvious that not all is caught. Unfortunately, the EA Game Changers can't catch all the bugs before release because they are limited to the future content and the base game, which clearly is not enough to catch any real issues with the other packs the general public may have at release.
What I propose would be something along the lines of what ESO does with their "Public Test Server". Players log onto that specific server and test the upcoming content before it's released to the general public and they catch a majority of the issues BEFORE it's released. Obviously Sims is a single player game, and not an MMO like ESO so a "PTS" would not be ideal, however-the EA Game Changers could be allowed to use the upcoming releases and play test them with all the packs that they have to see if there are any issues/bugs. EA could even take on other player not part of the Game Changers to put the content to the test to catch any bad swatches, bugs that might be caused by other items in packs not considered, missing items (I'm looking at you, kitchen counters and cabinets) and any other odd things that might not be caught in a short amount of time with minimal testing. Anyway, that is my two cents and possibly a simple solution to what is an obvious "quality control" issue for patches and packs. Thank you for your consideration.