Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you use mods?

Comments

• Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,421 Member
    Yes. sometimes.
    My option would have been only a few functional ones/bug fixes etc. Meaning I use MCC if I need to, but mainly a few bug fixes that weren't solved yet or default replacements for eyes, skin etc.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    Absolutely! Mod the world!!!!
    Only a few. :tongue:

There are only 2,806 files using 8.08gb in my Mods folder. :sunglasses:

I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    I dont know how I played this game vanilla. Mods add so so so so so SO much to the game. I honestly cant go back to playing a modless game. It would bore the living crud out of me.
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member
    Mods let me play the Sims the way I want to play. Without them, I just wouldn't play at all because it would be annoying and painfully boring.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    Mods are a great way to get your game to crash.

I use lots of mods and have never had my game crash during gameplay.
  • Options
    SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    No. But I've considered and am curious.
    No. Updating the game is enough. I don't want to have to update a bunch of mods too, especially if you have to wait on them to be fixed up. That just delays playing.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • Options
    mewo13mewo13 Posts: 60 Member
    edited June 2021
    The game is unplayable for me without mods. Imagine sims only having 3 traits? Blech. Everyone walks around as Mr. or Ms. Perfect. Mods inject some much needed personality and conflict into the game.
  • Options
    ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    @Thrior I think they will port it eventually. DS3 uses the same engine so the only excuse they have is agreement with Sony. Once that runs it's course they simply HAVE to port otherwise there will be rioting.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Yes. sometimes.
    I figured this was the least wrong vote option. I only have 3 mods, and that's all I need. However, I always use them. I'm not sure if they're actual mods or cc, as I can't tell the difference. :P
  • Options
    FurAndYarnFurAndYarn Posts: 459 Member
    edited June 2021
    I could play without mods, but I'd rather not. :p One of the big things I always enjoyed about PC gaming... and Sims in particular... is the ability to mod. One might say I am a bit obsessive with mods... only about 7000 files (27.7 GB) in my mods folder. ;) I don't even mind running a daily check to make sure they are all up to date.
    Explore the story of my over 50-generation legacy family!
    z5lD0kSm.png
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Yes. sometimes.
    Mostly quality of life mods and bug fixes, nothing too over the top and fancy. I did have WW, Nisra's woohoo mod and Basemental for a while, but quickly figured they weren't for me. Also had MCCC and woohoo tuner, but also got rid of them because I couldn't figure out the menu options for the life of me, and I got sick of my families getting torn apart by "affairs".
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 7,007 Member
    No. But I've considered and am curious.
    I haven’t ever used mods or CC in the sims 4 for a few reasons. First I’m older and these days am rather rather computer illiterate. Though I started using using computers before windows when basic and fortran were around, before windows was the normal processing system. Now days I have to get help from my two daughters to do anything different…. lol. So, I’m glad to have a program like origin and a computer that do the downloading of packs into the game so easily. If I had the know how how to download, remove and add mods I might, and if they didn’t have to always be removed for updates, and it didn’t affect stability of the game, I probably would use them, but my main game has been going on since 2014. And I’m already starting to see bugs appear, but the stability of the game is amazing.

If the sims 4, incorporated outside modders into the game, like they did not long ago for some of those free new items, and it was as easy to download as buying and installing a pack, and it didn’t mess with the stability of the game, and, and certain modders were sanctioned, i would definitely use mods and custom content at this point. But, I would just be likely to pick up a mod that messed up my game, and I wouldn’t want to have to wait for them to be updated. It would all be a hassle for this old woman at this point
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,144 Member
    Yes. sometimes.
    I only use 1 mod (for woohoo), and it's done only for comedic purposes
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    I use mods. For me, the game is alright in build, buy, and CAS, but actual live mode gameplay is lacking. I prefer negative consequences and for my sims to have more individual personalities that I just can't get without mods. I don't use too many, though, just ones that improve the emotion system and add personality.

What mods do you use for personalities?
  • Options
    Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    I love mods! The Sims is a life simulator, but it's impossible to get everything that life has to offer into one game. Mods can give the player more control over what goes on in the game, like control over townies, NPCs, and you can bring back story progression. Having mods in my game makes the game a little more personal and unique to me!
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    Not gonna lie. I was one of those people that would never use mods, but then I started off with tuning mods (milder mods, that usually don’t break your game each update), and then I started to use full fledged script mods and I love them. It makes the game so much more interesting.
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    Yes. sometimes.
    i tend to not do cc of any kind but do find several mods extremely useful.

'show sim info' is one of the ones i use the most, as it does a few of the less intrusive things mccc can do and i tend to be all about less intrusive. ssi lets me check how many sims have a particular trait (including hidden ones, so i can see how many spellcasters i've got or how many kleptomaniacs, esp the latter since i try to keep their numbers down) or skill or career or the like. i find this quite handy, esp if i get an idea for something... recent example was reminding myself who my 3 townie djs (for nightclubs) are so i could give each of them a bunch of different musical likes

i've also got the 'unlock cas assets' mod that allows you to use usually career-locked or univeristy-locked clothing on any sim. sometimes i want to give a sim a backstory as having graduated from one of the universities or having been a part of one of the organizations, so i give them a shirt from them. or give certain sims shirts related to the city living political causes or... the list goes on. it also allows occults to use the appearance options usually specific to other occults, like aliens with mermaid eyes. this mod has been quite handy but the only problem i have is remembering to take it out temporarily if i want to upload a sim to the gallery since it'll flag the sim as using cc otherwise

other mods are quality of life things, such as one that allows direct travel to the hospital, police station or science lab without having to be the career specific to them and only able to go while on the clock.
    or 'teleport any sim', which has proven helpful in so many ways (like getting rid of the 3 extra pollination technicians my game has created over the years).
    or the mod that restores the ability to bow at shrines in snowy escape or the one that allows sims of all ages to do the voidcritter hunting (since pokemon isn't 'just a kids game' anymore, i don't see why voidcritters should be. some of my childish or especially geeky teens and adults still love it).
    or 'purchase all fish', which is one i hunted for ages... it lets you buy any fish for an aquarium, not just the pre-designated ones for its type. this has been something i'd wanted for years so a selvadorada-themed museum could have the selvadoradan fish in aquariums or my marine research center (another museum) could have themed displays for rare ocean fish or the invasive species would be in aquariums in the conservationist area. stuff like that
  • Options
    MagicaCatMagicaCat Posts: 124 Member
    I do - mostly smaller ones such as pillow talk, no mosaic, playable pets, 21 day calender - stuff that adds personality to my Sims or makes life a bit easier for them (and me 😂 I don't find grinding fun)
    But I do have some bigger ones such as TOOL, Wonderful Whims, Pose Player (please don't make me go without that 😭) that just make the game more personal and for me, a lot more fun 💕
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Other...

For the first six years, I played a completely vanilla game. Now, I have exactly one Mod which keeps townies/premades from bothering my Sims. That's it! However, I do have a little CAS CC. But, still less than 20, including the Mod. I'm not opposed to getting more, I'm just taking it slow. I went crazy (10 gigs worth) with CC/Mods in TS2. I don't want to end up spending most of my time 'shopping' rather than playing the game, which is what ultimately happened for me back then. :)
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,140 Member
    I began my love affair with mods back during Sims2's run, and I use many mods today. Sure, it's a pain to make sure they're all updated, but it's much better playing with mods than without. I've never had a mod crash my game. But I have had the game crash because of coding errors in new packs and updates. Two thirds of my mods fix bugs the teams haven't gotten around to yet, and some of those bugs have been around for four years. Mods are necessities, not luxuries, and I would not be able to fully enjoy my game without them.
  • Options
    BK747BK747 Posts: 174 Member
    Yes. sometimes.
    I use a few… mostly custom careers from Kiarasims and Midnitetech to fill in gaps of jobs that I don’t think the game covers, for example real estate agent, graphic designer, construction worker, model, airline pilot, or firefighter. After playing the same careers over and over in a multi-generation rotational file, it’s nice to add a bit more variety to career choices.

P.S. I highly recommend both of these modders’ careers. They’re well done, well written, fit seemlessly into the game, and in some ways add a bit more challenge than the maxis careers.
  • Options
    KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    Console: No, I see little reason for them.
    ArcherDK wrote: »
    Yes and I am not looking back. 100% worth it. To console players - you have Bloodborne, don't complain.

Not everyone has played that game or even cares for it. Bloodborne is also much different from the sims. :D
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • Options
    KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    edited June 2021
    Console: No, I see little reason for them.
    I play on both console and PC. I tried a few mods on PC but I uninstalled it because I don't have many packs like on console and I couldn't play with my family.

All I'd want is Story Progression though on console otherwise I'm good with what we have.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    My game barely ran without some of those mods (unless I drop it to 4 frame per second) ! 😖
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    Mizzila1297Mizzila1297 Posts: 620 Member
    Yes. sometimes.
    Honestly the only mods I use are for tweaking things like making bills a tad more expensive and having a custom lifespan haha