The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Totally Random Comments and Questions

Comments

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 29,102 Member
    edited June 2
    I'm not too astute at figuring out just what my Sims are thinking. Especially when the infant gets a thought bubble with a big pink pig in it. What do you suppose he's thinking?
  • Options
    Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,920 Member
    Thanks to lilsimsie, I have discovered the alt key to make things place nicely. It's going to look better when it's full of pictures. Also thanks to lilsimsie, I'm also getting a lot better at decorating.

NL2ngFr.png
  • Options
    Today, I made a startling discovery and I'm wondering if it's due to the changes in the EA app? I found a house I had built ages ago. Rather than having to build it yet again, I decided to try to place it. Luckily, this was my build save. The game froze. I have three versions of the house saved, so after I managed to get my game to shut down, (which wasn't easy, believe me) I tried again. Same thing happened. I finally gave it and just finished building it. I've spent the last couple of hours doing the decorating and finishing touches. Happily, I won't be needing this build for a little while yet, but it relaxes me to build.

I'm sitting here thinking the others didn't load for reasons unknown to me. (I'm not especially jazzed at the thought of having to rebuild everything in my repertoire, that much is certain.
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,170 Member
    Does anyone know how i can stop the "recommended for you" box appearing on the home page? It used to appear every now and again but since this last update, it appears on the home page every time i load the game up now.
  • Options
    CaerfinonCaerfinon Posts: 849 Member
    @Brd709 If you put the EA app in offline mode before you start the game, then there are no pop ups. Note: that game does take a little more time to start waiting for some timeouts to expire.
    Cheers
    C.
    Traits: 🐶Dog Lover, 🎨Creative, 😑Loner
    My Stories: 🤷🏻🐕 Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | 🌐A Sim's Life - Comic observations | 🌌Galaxy Far Away - Adventures on Batuu | 🌃Dark Matters - Crime stories
    My CC: 🎨 Caerfinon's Sims 4 Custom Content
  • Options
    edited June 17
    I'm done trying to upload to the Sims 4 gallery. It's incorrectly autodetecting CC on my Sims and it's not letting me uncheck the mark. When your Sims have CC on them, it's going to discourage people from downloading the item. To me, it's a waste of my time to upload to the gallery when the game is actively preventing people from wanting to download my creations. Screw that. I'm just going to make my Sims for me and me only. It's always something with this game. For the life of me, I don't get why I continue to invest my time, energy and money into it.
    Post edited by Fairy_Happy on
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 7,336 Member
    @Fairy_Happy , you play totally vanilla? I ask because there are mods what flag everything you upload in gallery as cc used, nothing to do with gallery itself.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
    My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,891 Member
    I'm done trying to upload to the Sims 4 gallery. It's incorrectly autodetecting CC on my Sims and it's not letting me uncheck the mark. When your Sims have CC on them, it's going to discourage people from downloading the item. To me, it's a waste of my time to upload to the gallery when the game is actively preventing people from wanting to download my creations. Screw that. I'm just going to make my Sims for me and me only. It's always something with this game. For the life of me, I don't get why I continue to invest my time, energy and money into it.

I know all my builds are flagged with cc when I go out of my way to make a build without cc with the intention to share. It is not really shown on the gallery is there is cc in it. A build can take me 3 whole days, many times longer. It's very discouraging because it's not really justified to waste precious time of your life on something, just so you can play in without being able to share it.

Now my gallery is completel broken. I am only getting a bank white screen when I am looking online through it.
  • Options
    @Fairy_Happy , you play totally vanilla? I ask because there are mods what flag everything you upload in gallery as cc used, nothing to do with gallery itself.

even when I take me mods folder out, some twilight zone reason it's still being flagged which is a physical impossibility.
  • Options
    edited June 17
    I just advertise, if you will, here on the forums and advise players, if interested in the build, to check the box for cc, or whatever it says. Most of the time, I also try to use vanilla. I have to laugh, though, when downloading my own stuff from My Library, I get this house was placed using MOO, or something on that order, when I personally know I didn't use it. Face/palm. Thing is, I rarely share my builds
    Post edited by GalacticGal on
  • Options
    edited June 17
    I don't get the option to uncheck the modded box but I wish I could.
  • Options

I do have a few mods and the only CC items I have are a dog house and dog wash station. I don't use CC on my Sims on in my builds

The mods I have in my game are
    MCCC mod (with the Woohoo mod)
    Preschool mod
    Education Bundle mod
    A mod that prevents the burnout feature from occurring as often
    A mod that disables the cart button at the top of the UI

That's pretty much it for mods. The game is flagging a family as having CC, not a build. And as previously stated, I don't use CC on my Sims.
  • Options
    I decided today I am going to change my opposite attract couple. They aren't that fun to play so I decided some changes are in order. First off I am changing Alexis' name to Genesis. Awesome name. And I am changing Keyvon's name to Derek. More interesting names for more interesting gameplay. I am going to have them be engaged at the start instead of just roommates.

Genesis will be career driven with the Ambitious Foodie and Outgoing Traits snd Derek will be more family oriented with the Family Oriented, Socially Awkward and Childish.This way they are still opposites hence the save name.

I also gave them an outfit makeover. They both wearing a little too much red.

I had them living in Brindleton Bay in previous saves but with their new revamped makeover they are going to live in Oasis Springs.
  • Options
    @Fairy_Happy Have fun playing your 'new' game. I love shakeups.
  • Options

Thank you.
    I just got through building them a four bedroom 3 bath house and now they have no money left. House has no windows or wallpaper. They had to have at least a 3 or 4 bedroom since Derek's new Aspiration is Big Happy Family so they will need the room since that Aspiration calls for them to have at least 4 children and in my previous saves of them, they only had two children. I would have used the house I made before but it's too big to fit on any of the lots in Oasis Springs.
  • Options
    OMG the drama and I'm not even causing it.

So in my restarted Opposites Attract save (which I'm having a lot more fun with by the way) Genesis and Derek met Becca Clarke, who randomly showed up on their doorstep. She became friends with Derek and doesn't seem to like Genesis all that much. She asks Derek (not Genesis) to come over to hang out, which I allowed, she pops up. Appears at the house. But then gets angry when Genesis announces her engagement to Derek. Makes me wonder, is she harboring feelings for Derek? She keep having negative interactions with Genesis through no fault of mine. I'm trying to get them to be friends and it's not happening. Also Johnny Zest is lurking around too.
  • Options
    ZoomerGirlZoomerGirl Posts: 138 Member
    I really wish they could update the "wear costumes" with the holidays, theyre so much more costumes they could do now
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,779 Member
    I received a new email survey. It struck me as unique as it asked a lot of questions about the media we consume. It included questions about which other games we've played this month, our opinions of certain entertainers (many I haven't heard of, but included Dolly Parton), and which movies we like.

It also asked questions asking about our satisfaction with game elements like social systems, representation, clothing, etc.
  • Options

Thank you.
    I just got through building them a four bedroom 3 bath house and now they have no money left. House has no windows or wallpaper. They had to have at least a 3 or 4 bedroom since Derek's new Aspiration is Big Happy Family so they will need the room since that Aspiration calls for them to have at least 4 children and in my previous saves of them, they only had two children. I would have used the house I made before but it's too big to fit on any of the lots in Oasis Springs.

I use the freerealestate on cheat.
  • Options
    @Fairy_Happy If you can try to redirect Becca to Jonny Zest. As for creating a friendship between Becca and Genesis, you may have to just let that one go. Very interesting nuggets the game gave you. Lots of drama. Good luck.
  • Options
    telemwill wrote: »
    I received a new email survey. It struck me as unique as it asked a lot of questions about the media we consume. It included questions about which other games we've played this month, our opinions of certain entertainers (many I haven't heard of, but included Dolly Parton), and which movies we like.

It also asked questions asking about our satisfaction with game elements like social systems, representation, clothing, etc.

I just finished that survey, myself. Yeah, lots of questions makes me wonder just what they are pondering?
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,779 Member
    telemwill wrote: »

I just finished that survey, myself. Yeah, lots of questions makes me wonder just what they are pondering?

Yes, that's exactly what I was wondering. I wonder if there are some sponsored packs in the works or if they're just trying to get a better understanding of their customers.
  • Options
    @telemwill I suppose we'll find out sooner or more likely, later. LOL It is intriguing.
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,170 Member
    What are these symbols above this sim? In the second picture, it changed to Yamachan:

qcCGkA6.png
    DypKVq7.png

I've never seen this kind of discussion before between sims!
  • Options
    @Brd709 I don't know I think the first one is possible a Pokémon? Weird. I haven't seen such images, either. But, I finally figured out what Infant Erik was thinking when he got an image of a pig. He really enjoys the story, Charlotte's Web.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top