Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We want world packs, not kit packs.

Bring back the world packs from Sims 3 aaaa

Comments

• Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Yes please!
  • Options
    GenericTownieGenericTownie Posts: 105 Member
    I don't see why they can't do both... It's honestly weird EA doesn't already have buyable worlds out considering the high demand... they could literally squeeze hundreds of dollars out of us with this and they don't?
  • Options
    HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    Probably because most of the worlds need the development resources that Expansion/Game packs require.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I so want the Moonlight Falls World from Sims 3 to be in Sims 4.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I would love world packs.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I would rather have EP worlds like mt.Komorebi that have something special you can only do in that world than plain worlds that feel a little bit generic - just how I'm afraid the extra worlds would turn out to be.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited February 2021
    Hmmm reminds me of Sims 3 store where one paid money for worlds and the good side of that I had the tools to make my own worlds or DL others. So for me I would not buy one. If I can't get it free why would I pay for it. If this happens this may open an can of worms Imo.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited February 2021
    I so badly want world packs. It would be a good way of getting more interesting worlds without dedicating entire packs to them. Roaring Heights, Sunlit Tides, Monte Vista and Midnight Hollow making a return as world packs would be a dream. I so badly want another island world but they will never do that with a full pack as Island Living is already there, same with another city world.
  • Options
    Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member
    Nope, i want both :D
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    I think the Kits idea is cool! That is, if it is not replacing other content created. It might mean that future packs will get less quirky stuff that we hardly use, but rather focus on their man features giving us a deeper game. If I get this right, Kits will be much smaller than stuff packs, with a much more narrow focus. Vacuum cleaning seems like a great example - it's tip top that all simmers who want to clean their sims' household now get this feature, while I can skip it because I have no intention of spending simming time on cleaning my 100+ households. If this rather extreme feature was introduced as part of a gamepack or stuffpack it would have been forced onto me, because I wanted the main feature of that pack. I'm glad if they keep extreme features out of the other packs this way. Same goes for the retro clothing, I*m sure it comes with a few good items, but I would hardly use any of it in my game - if it was part of a bigger pack I would have been forced to add numerous never-to-be-used thumbs to my CAS catalog.

That said - I don't really see why country kitchen is a Kit. It seems to contain average traditional decor that feels way less extreme to most games. We all have a granny's house I guess, and we all might sooner or later have a farm where these items would match well. Perhaps this Kit comes with features I did not yet catch. I don't want my sims to spend say 4 hours cooking a meal, even if they gain mental super balance. It might be more of a hobby kit than a decor kit.

I'm looking forward to more kits, they might be a way to give us some of what we want, without filling an entire expansion pack .
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I so want the Moonlight Falls World from Sims 3 to be in Sims 4.

oh heck yes and as many lots as that world came with :)
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    musteni wrote: »
    I would rather have EP worlds like mt.Komorebi that have something special you can only do in that world than plain worlds that feel a little bit generic - just how I'm afraid the extra worlds would turn out to be.

this.

I didn't really enjoy ts3 world packs cause of the lack of gameplay that could have been explored had they been eps instead...
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    I'd even be willing to drop a fiver for another Newcrest, such is the paucity of empty lots in the game otherwise.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    I think the Kits idea is cool! That is, if it is not replacing other content created. It might mean that future packs will get less quirky stuff that we hardly use, but rather focus on their man features giving us a deeper game. If I get this right, Kits will be much smaller than stuff packs, with a much more narrow focus. Vacuum cleaning seems like a great example - it's tip top that all simmers who want to clean their sims' household now get this feature, while I can skip it because I have no intention of spending simming time on cleaning my 100+ households. If this rather extreme feature was introduced as part of a gamepack or stuffpack it would have been forced onto me, because I wanted the main feature of that pack. I'm glad if they keep extreme features out of the other packs this way. Same goes for the retro clothing, I*m sure it comes with a few good items, but I would hardly use any of it in my game - if it was part of a bigger pack I would have been forced to add numerous never-to-be-used thumbs to my CAS catalog.

That said - I don't really see why country kitchen is a Kit. It seems to contain average traditional decor that feels way less extreme to most games. We all have a granny's house I guess, and we all might sooner or later have a farm where these items would match well. Perhaps this Kit comes with features I did not yet catch. I don't want my sims to spend say 4 hours cooking a meal, even if they gain mental super balance. It might be more of a hobby kit than a decor kit.

I'm looking forward to more kits, they might be a way to give us some of what we want, without filling an entire expansion pack .

I'm still a bit neutral on kits myself, and waiting until March 2nd when we learn more about what they're all about. But I do agree with you that they could be a good thing if they're not replacing anything. I'm also under the assumption that Kits will be smaller (and therefore cheaper) than stuff packs.

If indeed the idea is to put the more "niche" themes into these packs, then I think it could be good for what time we have left with Sims 4, since it could potentially allow stuff packs, game packs, and expansion packs to become better. I mean, I for one would be happy if all chores type stuff were kept strictly in kits from here on out. I have no interest in vacuum cleaning (or any of the other three packs for that matter) but if it's kept in it's own separate pack, I can more easily skip out on it than I could if vacuuming came with say, Werewolves.
    Onverser wrote: »
    I so badly want world packs. It would be a good way of getting more interesting worlds without dedicating entire packs to them. Roaring Heights, Sunlit Tides, Monte Vista and Midnight Hollow making a return as world packs would be a dream. I so badly want another island world but they will never do that with a full pack as Island Living is already there, same with another city world.

This right here. As much as I want new worlds, I would muuuch rather they be more unique/interesting worlds than something similar to what we already have. Scottish Highlands, a Norwegian World (or maybe even Norse Mythology inspired), beach front city/ town like Key West/Miami, Myrtle Beach/etc. Or something else different. I haven't played Sims 3 so I know nothing about the worlds you mentioned, but if they would bring something different to Sims 4 then I'd be all for it.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Why not both?!!😁😁😁
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    again with the "we" stuff......
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited February 2021
    I came here to see that someone spoken for me 🤣 I'm joking, both could be good 😊
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    I’m not paying to buy packs of new cardboard cut out backdrops, but go off. :lol:

Give us a world creator/editor.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »

:joy::joy::joy:
    best response yet
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    The royal "we"? But yeah you don't speak for me OP.
    I guess I wouldn't mind a world "kits" but not like sims 3 since I didn't like that game.
    I'd like to see a swamp world in the game and I'd pay for a kit that did that... also for rural worlds. Maybe some themed after other cultures or countries too that might not make it into a pack. Any world I'd want would come out Sims 4 style thank you very much.
    I don't want this more than the kit packs that were leaked though..
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    I know I’d pay for new worlds, even if they didn’t come with any new gameplay. I just want my non-played Sims to have houses without taking up space I need for my played Sims (not as much of a problem at the moment, but when generation 2 grows up and moves out...) or community lots.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I don’t care one bit for world packs. The Kit packs are far more interesting to me.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    If it's true that Bust the Dust kit is coming with a new system (dust), several animations, a gameplay object and two aspirations maybe some kit can bring an empty world...
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    If it's true that Bust the Dust kit is coming with a new system (dust), several animations, a gameplay object and two aspirations maybe some kit can bring an empty world...

but I mean it would have to be more then a world right kits have to come with more then one thing
    more for sim kids and more drama please