Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a way to change your linked EA profile?

Please forgive me if this is in the wrong place - I did a search but couldn’t find the same question posted elsewhere, though I’m sure it’s around somewhere.

Basically, my Sims 4 game (PS4) is linked to an EA account. However, it’s linked to a really old account that’s not even mine. It looks like a relative I used to live with as a child linked their account to either my email or my playstation account or something and now I’m stuck with their name on my profile in the Sims gallery.

Is there a way to unlink my Sims game to this EA account?

Ideally I don’t want to lose my data but if it comes to that I’ll start again.

Comments

• Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Not sure about that. I know my EA account on the forums and my gallery name are completely different, but I do play via PC. My EA ID on the gallery is Prov31Simmer, but as you can see my name on the forums is my orginal name. I just edited the basic information via the Origin customer portal on PC though. Maybe that can help you with it via console.
  • Options
    RySBIRySBI Posts: 329 Member
    Thanks @NorthDakotaGamer - I’ll give that a try! I just spoke to EA Customer Service and they said the information I have doesn’t match the information on the account linked to my Sims game so now I’m thinking... whose account is it linked to and how? lol
  • Options
    simplysimmer19simplysimmer19 Posts: 16 Member
    I've had this same issue. When I very first signed up, I had my gallery name as lukesmommy310, but once I started uploading to the gallery more, I wanted to change it to simplysimmer19. Now it's like it's stuck in limbo lol. If you search "simplysimmer19" on the gallery, nothing comes up. If you search "lukesmommy310", I come up. But, if you click on my name (lukesmommy310), it takes you to my profile that says simplysimmer19. It's super confusing lol. I've tried fixing it a few times, but I haven't been able to fix it!
    Simply Simmer
    Check out my YouTube channel!
    youtube.com/simplysimmer19
  • Options
    RySBIRySBI Posts: 329 Member
    I've had this same issue. When I very first signed up, I had my gallery name as lukesmommy310, but once I started uploading to the gallery more, I wanted to change it to simplysimmer19. Now it's like it's stuck in limbo lol. If you search "simplysimmer19" on the gallery, nothing comes up. If you search "lukesmommy310", I come up. But, if you click on my name (lukesmommy310), it takes you to my profile that says simplysimmer19. It's super confusing lol. I've tried fixing it a few times, but I haven't been able to fix it!

Yeah this is exactly what’s happening for me. I was able to change the username on the account but it doesn’t update in the Sims Gallery so looks like I’m stuck with it :'(
  • Options
    SlimmaSimsSlimmaSims Posts: 1 New Member
    I changed my EA name but I can't seem to change my sims 4 gallery name. Can that even be done?
  • Options
    OrangemonOrangemon Posts: 16 Member
    Two points of concern

1. Linking/Unlinking EA & Game accounts are notorious for deleting data seemingly to prevent selling accounts. See the Apex Legends subreddit as a lot of users have lost everything by trying to update their email addresses

2. I think its a very bad idea you have linked your PSN Account (which will include your PS4 purchases and purchase methods) to an EA account that you admit is not even yours. You have nearly compromised your PSN account and despite (1) above should un-compromise it immediately by removing the EA account and creating a proper EA account for yourself even if you lose progress and Sims DLC.