Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please stop the dish washing please😬

BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
edited November 2020 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Please change whatever tunning needs to be changed to stop sims from getting up to wash their own plates after every meal. First of all it ruins my family dinners. Secondly only neat sims should get up to wash their plates.
Third they all get up one after the other forming a train line to the sink, then can't use it because it's occupied so they put their plates in a random spot of the house.

I would much rather have the maid or butler collect it. Or even leave it as chores for the kids to do around the house. It has bugged me for the longest time but it seems like such an easy thing to fix.

If anyone knows of any mods please share. I haven't found one that actually stops them from getting up from the table.

Sims are so neat in this game they all clean up behind themselves and neighbors come take out my trash, they make their own beds, mop floors. Which is a really nice thing in real life but in game it makes the butlers and maids useless. My maid was getting paid to do nothing so I fired her lol.
I'm not the only one right?😅

Btw they do this even though I keep autonomy off which makes it even more frustrating lol
Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(

Comments

• Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,551 Member
    you seem to be the only one i prefer as a plyer to see all sims neats and wash dishes i even make sure asa player all my sims house have dishwasher as well
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    I was happy about the hot pot, since it makes the sims sit together to eat, and socialize at the same time. It was a well needed feature. I would much more prefer the sims to sit together, than be tidy.
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,099 Member
    My Sims tend to leave plates until there are several, then they pick them all up at once. Maybe I've just managed to cultivate slobs...
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    I was happy about the hot pot, since it makes the sims sit together to eat, and socialize at the same time. It was a well needed feature. I would much more prefer the sims to sit together, than be tidy.

I do agree with this. The way they sit and interact with the hot pot is A+ I'm grateful for that😌
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,915 Member
    edited November 2020
    Please change whatever tunning needs to be changed to stop sims from getting up to wash their own plates after every meal. First of all it ruins my family dinners. Secondly only neat sims should get up to wash their plates.
    Third they all get up one after the other forming a train line to the sink, then can't use it because it's occupied so they put their plates in a random spot of the house.

I would much rather have the maid or butler collect it. Or even leave it as chores for the kids to do around the house. It has bugged me for the longest time but it seems like such an easy thing to fix.

If anyone knows of any mods please share. I haven't found one that actually stops them from getting up from the table.

Sims are so neat in this game they all clean up behind themselves and neighbors come take out my trash, they make their own beds, mop floors. Which is a really nice thing in real life but in game it makes the butlers and maids useless. My maid was getting paid to do nothing so I fired her lol.

Btw they do this even though I keep autonomy off which makes it even more frustrating lol

I don't get that at all. Do you have mods that might influence it? I have full autonomy and have to order one to clean up every time. I make a Sim lay the table and make them all "sit together" and that keeps them from getting up for some time.

If you want to stop neighbours in the house just lock the doors so they can't come in.

I don't have any mods or cc myself.
  • Options
    MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    you seem to be the only one i prefer as a plyer to see all sims neats and wash dishes i even make sure asa player all my sims house have dishwasher as well

Same. I get so annoyed when the Sims keep leaving dirty dishes around that causes odor fumes. I also make sure a sink is nearby, add dishwashers, and Speed Cleaner trait. Though sometimes that trait doesn't help for some reason.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • Options
    superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    I teach my sim children the manners trait. Maybe you should stop doing that for your sim children?
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • Options
    Simburian wrote: »

I don't get that at all. Do you have mods that might influence it? I have full autonomy and have to order one to clean up every time. I make a Sim lay the table and make them all "sit together" and that keeps them from getting up for some time.

If you want to stop neighbours in the house just lock the doors so they can't come in.

I don't have any mods or cc myself.

Okay. I guess it's only me then 😅😅😅 I don't believe it's a mod issue because I've had this issue before mods I just lived with the annoyance. They just auto get up even with autonomy off to wash their own plate. And no neat trait.

And I even tried a mod to stop it but the creator warned it didn't fully work. And of course it did not so I removed it.
    But if no one else seems to have this issue then it's not a big deal. I'll live with it lol 😅😅😅 won't stop me from enjoying the game.