Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can uncontrolled Sims visit other towns?

So I use NRaas to control the aging of my Sims that I'm not currently playing. Their lives continue but I have it set so they can't divorce, have children, move away or age. The result when I rotate back in is always interesting. One family had adopted 4 cats while I was gone! *laughs* My current family must have had an adventure. The two adults have boats in their inventory and my unstable teenager who changes his attributes regularly now has the "Sailor" trait. Did they go off on an adventure to Island Paradise while I was away?

Comments

• Options
    KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    That's "story progression" for ya!
  • Options
    Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    I don't mind story progression as I DO want my currently played family to progress. And thanks to a ton of help and finally letting myself use NRaas, I can play rotationally like TS2 and therefore enjoy TS3 like I never have. But I sure get some crazy surprises sometimes! Like these boats. When I click on them, there is an option to go boating. I should try it just to see what happens! *laughs*
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited October 2020
    LOL...inactives can appear as tourists (mini-sim representations of themselves) in foreign worlds if your active play takes the game there. It's always a fun surprise to see that. But no, besides that sims outside of the actively played household cannot go off on trips to other worlds all on their own. If there isn't much in the way of water-based activities in your homeworld, I think this nautical adventure your unstable teen had may have actually been in a bathtub or hot tub. ;)

Pet adoptions on SP controlled households should be restricted by the Pregnancy: Allow Adoption > False option (Sim/ Household/ or Caste) as that one is meant to cover both human and pet adoptions. Did they adopt anyway or was that one not set?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    LOL...inactives can appear as tourists (mini-sim representations of themselves) in foreign worlds if your active play takes the game there. It's always a fun surprise to see that. But no, besides that sims outside of the actively played household cannot go off on trips to other worlds all on their own. If there isn't much in the way of water-based activities in your homeworld, I think this nautical adventure your unstable teen had may have actually been in a bathtub or hot tub. ;)

Pet adoptions on SP controlled households should be restricted by the Pregnancy: Allow Adoption > False option (Sim/ Household/ or Caste) as that one is meant to cover both human and pet adoptions. Did they adopt anyway or was that one not set?

The setting for adoption is False so they adopted the cats anyway.

As for the teen, I wasn't so much concerned with new Sailor trait (never have seen that one before). I was more curious as to why the parents both had boats in their inventories. There is a river through the entire town. Since "go boating" is an option on the boats, I think I'll give it a try on their next day off and see what happens!
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I had my town visited by friends from Sims University, sometime when I moved to another neighborhood, some of the folks in the old world came to visit as well. I think it's from Nraas Traveler, I also had one time where local sunset valley sims moved to another neighboorhood altogether, when I invite them to visit in the town and they arrive the next day at 9am i checked his household and it consisted of isla paradiso premade sims.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    @izecson - That's incoming tourism in the first instance and I think (?) sims in the process of eimgrating/being culled from the world in the second. Tourism can be allowed or gated by NRaas Register, emigration is controlled by NRaas StoryProgression.

What was being asked about was resident household sims taking a vacation trip to another world on their own while inactive and returning while active gameplay remains entirely in the same world but with other households. That can't happen.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited October 2020
    igazor wrote: »
    @izecson - That's incoming tourism in the first instance and I think (?) sims in the process of eimgrating/being culled from the world in the second. Tourism can be allowed or gated by NRaas Register, emigration is controlled by NRaas StoryProgression.

What was being asked about was resident household sims taking a vacation trip to another world on their own while inactive and returning while active gameplay remains entirely in the same world but with other households. That can't happen.

Im not so sure about this one myself, because my sims had a bestie and he wished to invite him to a wedding party but he is not in the guest list, when i look at the relationship bar he is nowhere to be found, but i eventually found him in the way way right side, the part where it's reserved for sims in another town like china, france and egypt. so i invited him to come over the next day i checked his household member with master controller and all the members were isla paradiso premade sims.

Though after this invite over thing, he stays in the sunset valley but as a townie, no longer has a house and no longer went back to another town.

Not sure which one of my mods that did this, but I do visited isla paradiso once earlier, long before this sims even exist in the game.

he used to have a home in sunset valley and and a spouse, the spouse still stay in the town but already married to someone else in the town.
    ihavemultiplegamertags