Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Among Us Mafia (7/10)

Comments

• Options
    xSongxxSongx Posts: 1,562 Member
    Wait, but how many rooms will there be? I say there should be 4 for a 10 player set up.
    they/he
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    edited October 2020
    xSongx wrote: »
    Wait, but how many rooms will there be? I say there should be 4 for a 10 player set up.

If you all want the harder version with more people in the room so we have to kinda guess who the killer is (and more leeway space for mafia to get away with it), then 4 rooms is good.

More rooms will be like a more basic mafia game where most townies won't be able to catch a murder and mafia can also easily get away with it.

Take your pick. 😂
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    UPDATED SETUP:

10 players; each person has a different color. Night start. The 2 Imposters have a private chat.

During the night, each Town member will PM the host the room they would like to be in.
    The Imposters will then choose a target to kill. Whoever submits the kill will be placed in the room of their target. The other Imposter will then choose a room.

At the end of the night, everyone will be told who is in their room through a PM. On the thread, the host will say who has been killed. Players can talk on the thread and Imposters can talk in their private chat. At the end of the day, one player will be eliminated. Players can also Skip Vote. If the majority Skip Vote, nobody will be eliminated/ejected.

The cycle will begin again.

Ways to win:
    Town: eliminates all imposters
    Imposters: when all townmembers are dead or nothing can stop this

Sounds good!
  • Options
    DeKay wrote: »

If you all want the harder version with more people in the room so we have to kinda guess who the killer is (and more leeway space for mafia to get away with it), then 4 rooms is good.

More rooms will be like a more basic mafia game where most townies won't be able to catch a murder and mafia can also easily get away with it.

Take your pick. 😂

Easier version could have like 8 rooms.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options

Take your pick. 😂

If there's 4 rooms, there will be an average of 2-3 people per room. I think that's pretty hard for the imposters.
    they/he
  • Options

Take your pick. 😂

If there's 4 rooms, there will be an average of 2-3 people per room. I think that's pretty hard for the imposters.

Like, almost impossible, i think.
    they/he
  • Options

Take your pick. 😂

wait that's even harder for town and way easier for the imposters lol
    they/he
  • Options
    im so confused.
    they/he
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Let's go with eight rooms; one per crewmate.
  • Options

Take your pick. 😂

Then maybe 3 rooms?
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options

Take your pick. 😂

i think I misread this lmao
    they/he
  • Options

Take your pick. 😂

It's not that hard. It will just be a more like a normal mafia vs townie game with maybe a tracker. 😂
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2020

Take your pick. 😂

It'll be balanced out because if you witness a murder you'll know who the impostor is. Towards the beginning of the game, it'll be easier for crewmates since there will be so many, but once a few are already eliminated it will be easier for impostors to get away with a murder.
  • Options
    Simtown15 wrote: »

Take your pick. 😂

It'll be balanced out because if you witness a murder you'll know who the impostor is. Towards the beginning of the game, it'll be easier for crewmates since there will be so many, but once a few are already eliminated it will be easier for impostors to get away with a murder.

Yes.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options

Take your pick. 😂

?? I’m confused. I think I see what you’re saying but can someone pls clarify?
    they/he
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    I would not really say it's 100% balance tho cuz it really depends on the luck of the imposters. Like they could really be unlucky and have two days in a row where people witness the murder. Maybe we can add two more rooms to the number or players we get.

Cuz usually in a mafia game, the tracker has that role for the rest of the game and if they tell the townies, then obviously the mafia will kill them the next night and then there will be no more trackers to help town. But it won't be like that here cuz anyone townie can be an accidental tracker in a sense.

There's no way to know how balanced this game is since we haven't tested before but we just try our best.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options

Take your pick. 😂

?? I’m confused. I think I see what you’re saying but can someone pls clarify?

Let's say we start with 10 rooms, the chances of 3 players being in the same room will be bigger. But as more townies die, and the number of rooms are the same, the chances of 3 people being in the same room will be smaller.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    I would not really say it's 100% balance tho cuz it really depends on the luck of the imposters. Like they could really be unlucky and have two days in a row where people witness the murder. Maybe we can add two more rooms to the number or players we get.

Cuz usually in a mafia game, the tracker has that role for the rest of the game and if they tell the townies, then obviously the mafia will kill them the next night and then there will be no more trackers to help town. But it won't be like that here cuz anyone townie can be an accidental tracker in a sense.

There's no way to know how balanced this game is since we haven't tested before but we just try our best.

Actually now that I say this, it seems like it's more like a mafia vs all trackers game. XD
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2020

Actually now that I say this, it seems like it's more like a mafia vs all trackers game. XD

But like also not exactly. Cuz for a tracker, it gets easier for them to target a mafia as more townies die, but in this setup, they can only pick rooms.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options

I suppose that’s what Among Us is...
  • Options

I suppose that’s what Among Us is...

I guess so. 😂
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    MousellineMouselline Posts: 4,845 Member
    Are we doing 3 or 4 rooms? I feel like it’d be better with a little amount than a big amount.
  • Options
    I think we should do 3 rooms and try it out.
    they/he
  • Options
    MousellineMouselline Posts: 4,845 Member
    If we do 10 players I think we should do 4 rooms. 8 and below 3 would be good.
  • Options
    Okay.
    x3vZicL.gif