Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Avatar.cache Package File

Anyone know if it's safe to delete. I'm assuming so. It's located in the EA Sims 4 file just above the clientDB package file which I usually delete after playing. It's only appeared since last weeks update.
MLgj4Vx.png

Comments

• Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    I don't know if it's safe to delete it, but I have deleted it every time now and never had any problems in my game :).
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,658 Member
    edited July 2020
    Busufu wrote: »
    I don't know if it's safe to delete it, but I have deleted it every time now and never had any problems in my game :).

Oh, so you've had it before. Okay, I've not had it before. I will chance deleting. Thanks for your reply :)

EDIT - yup, tested it and it regenerated after deleting it.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    Niecy1Niecy1 Posts: 3 New Member
    I woke up, and wanted to finally try the new pack and Im seeing this package file ive never seen before 😩😩 it’s always something with this game
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I was wondering this too!!! Glad you mentioned it
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited July 2020
    According to SimQARobo on Answers.EA.com:

Just letting you know that avatarcache.package was introduced in the recent patch (version 1.65.70) in order to attempt to fix this bug:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/Sims-4-keeps-crashing-when-accessing-the-Gallery/td-p...
    avatarcache.package stores the user avatar images that are automatically downloaded when you browse the Gallery

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/New-file-found/m-p/9348671#M34535
    Post edited by Rouensims on
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    I made a bug report, it's to fix a bug where Mac users had game crashed when they tried to access the gallery. You can add it to the things you delete to keep your game running smoothly from time to time.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,658 Member
    That's good we've solved that one :)
    MLgj4Vx.png