Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Spark'd? No thanks!!

Comments

• Options
    stepbot153stepbot153 Posts: 284 Member
    Ughhh!!
    C6y3sJN.jpg
    My wishlist [x]
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    Simmers: What EA needs is some good old-fashioned competition! That'll sort them out
    EA: Is this what you guys meant?
    Simmers: NO!!!! :rage:

This is great 😂😂😂😂

Haha I try!
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Simmers: What EA needs is some good old-fashioned competition! That'll sort them out

ROFL!!! :lol:
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    The amount of assumptions in this thread is astonishing. You don’t even know where the budget is coming from to say it should be used elsewhere. Also they’re partnering with Buzzfeed so everyone else around the world will be able to watch it too. That’s three companies that are going to be paying for this show not just EA. Plus it was already said it was filmed in 2019. If it’s not your thing don’t watch it 🙄🙄
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    summermistx3summermistx3 Posts: 1,537 Member
    As a Gen Z in America, *I* told my parents to cut the cable back in high school and have never used it since nor do I know many people who do. Netflix, HBO Now, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, etc are enough to keep our generation (main target group for EA) entertained when it comes to actual TV shows. No one bothers with cable anymore, much less TBS in specific (only viewerships LEFT are like old people). Heck there are some good modern shows with good ratings that are shockingly not being renewed another season. And boy, every time I renew my phone & internet they desperately keep pushing to shove in cable to my bundle at some desperate rate. Therefore I can totally see this not lasting and being a total flop. Yes they would’ve definitely done better if they allocated the expenses for this garbage towards cars and complete baby life stage redo. Protest these fools!!! I kid... maybe.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    As a Gen Z in America, *I* told my parents to cut the cable back in high school and have never used it since nor do I know many people who do. Netflix, HBO Now, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, etc are enough to keep our generation (main target group for EA) entertained when it comes to actual TV shows. No one bothers with cable anymore, much less TBS in specific (only viewerships LEFT are like old people). Heck there are some good modern shows with good ratings that are shockingly not being renewed another season. And boy, every time I renew my phone & internet they desperately keep pushing to shove in cable to my bundle at some desperate rate. Therefore I can totally see this not lasting and being a total flop. Yes they would’ve definitely done better if they allocated the expenses for this garbage towards cars and complete baby life stage redo. Protest these fools!!! I kid... maybe.

No I'm totally all for protesting.
    This is ridiculous !
    Cable is SO dead.
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    In short: I think as customers we need a little higher standards going forward. It will only do the game good to think before we pay.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    Also remember that The Sims movie was cancelled by Disney after the company bought 20th Century Fox. Getting the Sims on TV somehow, in some way, may spark interests for a Movie again. Is it scary? Maybe. But it's a thought.
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    TS1299 wrote: »
    logion wrote: »
    It’s not a good idea. Talk about poking a bear.

No kidding, a lot of people on twitter are quoting what Maxis said when people asked them about Bunk Beds, and they got the response that they were too expensive to make. But they are fine with having a TV show and giving away $100,000.

I know that there are different budgets for game development and marketing... but I also understand why the community on twitter are not happy about it.

Sadly It appears that I think it is being quoted the wrong way with an incomplete context. Bunk Beds are expensive to make in a Stuff Pack. All of the times that we heard the gurus to tell us about bunkbeds it is always in a stuffpack interview (Kids Room Stuff, Tiny Living Stuff) and was always mentioned that we need to look into EP and GP if we want Bunkbeds. The reason they get those response is because when bunk beds become a topic, it is always in a Stuff Pack. Yet it was spreading that the team have no enough budget for doing bunk beds even if they really can in EP, GP, or even Free Updates.

Remember Ladders and Different Stair Types? When SimGuruGraham (the Stuff Pack lead at that time) was asked about it he mentiones the same thing, Stuff pack don't have the budget to do that and look into EP and GP. Now we had Ladders and different types of stairs. It is just they cannot add those things in the Stuff Pack like he said, there are no gameplay engineers that are working on the Stuff Pack.

Remember how we were given that same lame excuse for lounge chairs and when they finally made their grand debut they didn’t even function the way which supposedly made them so hard to make in the first place? Pardon me for not falling for the same excuses for the millionteenth time. EA is one of the largest publishers in the world; the constant budgetary issues are literally excuses at this point. Doesn’t take 6 years to fix that, especially when that excuse is being tossed around for mundane stuff they’ve known people have spent years asking for.

Exactly, and if making something like a lounge chair is to difficult then it might be time find a new development team or leader of this game or just ea in general cause they are not listening.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited July 2020
    Also remember that The Sims movie was cancelled by Disney after the company bought 20th Century Fox. Getting the Sims on TV somehow, in some way, may spark interests for a Movie again. Is it scary? Maybe. But it's a thought.

Does anyone really want a movie? I think a movie would be terrible. The majority of movies based on video games have been massive flops. No offense if you are interested in a movie, but I'm just not convinced they could pull it off.

Keep The Sims as a game. If they want to do a web series about the lives of gamechangers or CC makers, fine. But a reality show? Not necessary. And judging by the trailer, it will likely be the butt of jokes for years to come. I mean seriously, who cries over the Sims?? :D:D
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    edited July 2020
    @bixters wrote: »

Does anyone really want a movie? I think a movie would be terrible. The majority of movies based on video games have been massive flops. No offense if you are interested in a movie, but I'm just not convinced they could pull it off.

Me personally? I would absolutely have -2000% interest in a Sims Movie. I hope nobody ever goes down that dark alley. But hey. What do we know? It may become a thing (again). Like reality shows.
    @bixters wrote: »
    Keep The Sims as a game. If they want to do a web series about the lives of gamechangers or CC makers, fine. But a reality show? Not necessary. And judging by the trailer, it will likely be the butt of jokes for years to come. I mean seriously, who cries over the Sims?? :D:D

It will be great for some. Cringe and drama to others. But I may watch it as a comedy show.
    Right now I am crying over the Sims thinking I don't play the Sims Mobile but it's the only thing with bunk beds.

• Options
    bixters wrote: »
    The thing is........The Sims is not a game to really "compete" with.

I think EA desperately wants it to become a competitive game. Like Fortnite for EA. They already said their would be more than 1 season. They want to distract people from the subpar gameplay by adding in silly competitions.

They are desperately STILL trying to make the sims franchise a multiple player,competitive, online etc game eventhough we've said countless of times that we dont want any of that ish in our games/sims. at least that's what I've seen from majority of sims players have said.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    We dont need a sims movie or tv show, we need a good game :(

Say it louder for people in the way back xD
  • Options
    PickledtiaraPickledtiara Posts: 169 Member
    edited July 2020
    bixters wrote: »

I mentioned this before but there was a well-received series that was very poignant and reported on by several gaming news websites such as Kotaku and Rock Paper Shotgun. Using the Sims 3 Alice and Kev was the story of a homeless daughter and her father. I am not sure it will be mentioned on Spark’d because it was not created on 4 but I would not be surprised if it strongly influenced one of the challenges.

As for cable and network television dying the numbers have risen a bit due to the virus. As someone mentioned here or on another thread this probably was just a streaming series and due to many stopping production for safety reasons the channel thought it might be of interest or decent filler.

Also I bet another sponsor is the company providing the computer equipment and peripherals. They might be contributing to the $100,000 cash prize.

Gallery ID Pickledtiara
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    elelunicy wrote: »
    So you know how the Game Changers always say "EA didn't pay me, I just really like the game"?
    Well, a hundred grand definitely changes that. Gonna be REAL interesting to see whose opinion actually WAS bought.

When GCs say EA didn’t pay them, they mean that EA did not pay for that specific video. EA might have paid them for other videos.

Sponsoring always works on a per video basis. If a video is sponsored, they’re required by law to disclose it. You can easily tell which videos are sponsored and which ones are not.

Thanks, Mister Literal.

If EA gave you $100,000, it would colour your perception of their products. Their opinion would be 100% bought.

Exactly, even though their not being paid with money, they are being "paid" with free sims content and opportunities such as this show. So their opinions have been bought already, some of them have been some what critical of the game but it's not enough to give them the boot out of the game changers program and they know that. They're not about to ruin any ties they have with ea.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    edited July 2020
    It is obvious that the GameChangers hold back criticism because a lot of times when they say something negative, the add "EA please don't remove me from the GameChangers!".
    It's like they feel threatened or something when they're supposed to provide criticism.

Also I watched the latest video by SimmerErin on YouTube and she basically analyses the growth of E-Sports and how much the profit increases from year to year. This is probably why EA is doing this. For the money from competitive tournaments by turning the Sims into a competition.
  • Options
    JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    Rather then doing this lame shows why don’t you focus on your buggy game first ? While you’re add it, please add farming & more packs for occult’s such as mermaids & aliens since they are basically just humans . You have vampires & witches with a dedicated pack .
  • Options
    doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    I don’t want or like this idea I will still give it a shot as you never know you may miss out in something really good....hang on it’s on STV that’s an American channel right....so I can’t watch it anyway it’s not a huge problem that people in the UK can’t watch it really is it.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Camkat wrote: »
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    In all honesty how does this benefit all Simmers when I saw this I was like how would this benefit me and my game?

If you choose to take part, it sounds like there's a contest in game. Winning could get you on the next season's shows and a chance to win that money.

It's going to benefit us in the same way other games esports benefit their player base... whatever that benefit is. It's more about advertising and hype for the game than benefiting the every day player.

Personally, I'll likely not watch it. Maybe some of it in the background while I wash dishes or something. I play a variety of games and I equally don't watch any of the esports for those games so it's probable that I won't watch this either. *shrugs*

Exactly it more about hype and advertising that dosen't benefit me and my game there's more stuff still missing in the Sims 4 it just don't make sense in my opinion.
  • Options
    It is obvious that the GameChangers hold back criticism because a lot of times when they say something negative, the add "EA please don't remove me from the GameChangers!".
    It's like they feel threatened or something when they're supposed to provide criticism.

Also I watched the latest video by SimmerErin on YouTube and she basically analyses the growth of E-Sports and how much the profit increases from year to year. This is probably why EA is doing this. For the money from competitive tournaments by turning the Sims into a competition.

I see Plumbella do this A LOT...like....don't be obligated to say that girl, speak your mind without worry about being penalized because of it.
  • Options
    KawaiiFairyRainbowsKawaiiFairyRainbows Posts: 92 Member

:lol: This is on point LOL!
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    At least the show will show how buggy and boring the Sims 4 actually is. I guess shallowness of the show fits with Lucy and Rachel saying it how the Sims 4 is less than a life simulator and closer to a reality show like Kim Kardashian. Show proves the Sims 4 direction straying from the rest of the franchise direction. Here is to the only one season wonder. I am so glad I don't have cable or TBS anymore. I doubt the show will continue with the pandemic. It will only put Simmers and Gurus in danger with the plague, swine flu, and covid going around.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    @Scobre I'm pretty sure they are going to edit the bugs out but you never know.
    Also does anyone know if they are only going to be playing the base game or with all the packs? Cause if they have all the bugs from all the packs then Ciao Maria!
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Scobre wrote: »
    At least the show will show how buggy and boring the Sims 4 actually is. I guess shallowness of the show fits with Lucy and Rachel saying it how the Sims 4 is less than a life simulator and closer to a reality show like Kim Kardashian. Show proves the Sims 4 direction straying from the rest of the franchise direction. Here is to the only one season wonder. I am so glad I don't have cable or TBS anymore. I doubt the show will continue with the pandemic. It will only put Simmers and Gurus in danger with the plague, swine flu, and covid going around.

Something in me, WANTS them to come across something very buggy and stuff while filming so they can just get a taste....
    Maybe that will light a fire under the gurus feet to FIX THE GAME!