Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pro Tip

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    OmairaOmaira Posts: 666 Member
    Mareah wrote: »
    @logion He is probably on his way to throw that violin, even the other two far away sims were able to smell it in less than a second! What did you feed her exactly lol.

Franks and Beans I am sure, never fails!! :D
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited August 2020
    CAS Pro-tip:

For a diverse cast of characters, always select your sim’s traits first; they might help inform their design/look.

If you know your sim is a mean/loner/slob, that can be important in setting up their appearance.
  • Options
    Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    Pro tip

Dont waste your time with mods because if the game updates you will then update each mod
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • Options
    KerittaKeritta Posts: 26 Member
    > @peragogo said:
    > Pro Tip: Whenever you make a sim, swap their frame from masculine to feminine and vice versa to double check their proportions. Their offspring will look better and the sims will look a bit more realistic.
    > Bonus tip: use an unnatural or opposing skin tone to double check faces when making sims of colour to ensure you’re not just using skin tone and hair texture as shorthand for ethnicity. :)
    >
    > Edit for visuals- not that I’m particularly good at CAS but whatever helps!
    > (Image)
    > (Image)

My sims chins grow unnaturally big and ugly over generations. I might try this to see if their offsprings stop growing humongous chins for no reason
  • Options
    > @amp107 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Freaking genius. My parent sims not being able to get cute photos of their toddlers on the floor makes family wall photos less than awesome. THANK YOU!

This is so amazing, I was actually looking for mods to to be able to change the angles like that but this just solved it
  • Options
    > @Cavapoo_King said:
    > Pro tip
    >
    > Dont waste your time with mods because if the game updates you will then update each mod

makes sense..
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited August 2020
    Pro tip

Dont waste your time with mods because if the game updates you will then update each mod
    Not in every case, and even if you do need to update, it’s very simple. Some mods never need updating, others only with major patches, and most of the big ones are updated within the hour of a patch - if needed. MCCC, for instance, didn’t require an update with the most recent patch.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    If you have Get Together you can do just that - get sims together as romantic couples.
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    logion wrote: »
    You can get your annoying roommates to stop playing the violin by farting in their vicinity.

Make your own kind of music??

If you have City Life, and your Sim's Fun Need is low, but you don't have a Fun increasing object handy, you can just click and them and choose "Practice Singing." They will do it until you cancel, so no need to keep queuing it.
  • Options
    IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    More toddler tips:

1. Toddlers can eat fresh produce from their pockets. This is basically instant, and about five bits of produce fill their hunger need AND give them a happy bonus which can boost skill gain. This saves a lot of time compared to having them eat from a plate.

There’s also occasionally a bug that causes all the produce they’ve eaten to respawn in their inventory or around their person, which isn’t intended, but does mean you have an infinite unspoiling food source that’s self regenerating.

2. Toddler beds have a default sleep stat of 1, which means it takes forever to fill their sleep bar (as a way of simulating kids needing more sleep). But if you make sure your toddler is already asleep and then leave your home lot without them, the AI that takes care of needs from home will fill their sleep bar using the a standard stat that is much higher. Keep an eye on their needs while you’re away, and when they wake up you can head back home and they’ll be ready to get back to the skill grind much sooner than they would’ve if you’d stayed on the lot with them.
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.