Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No More Text Invites To Events?

I took a break from playing for a bit, so I might have missed something pr be behind on things, but I noticed my sim doesn't seem to get any invitations to dance parties, charity events, festivals, bar nights, or birthday parties. I still get invites to "hang out," and I got one invite to a date, but that's it. Was this a change on purpose, or is it a bug that I'm not getting them? If it's intentional, is there a mod to bring them back? Cause out of all the texts, the event invites were actually the ones I kind of liked (the incessant job offers have not stopped btw, so if anyone also knows of a mod that makes it so you only get job offer texts when the sim is unemployed, or at a lower rung on a carer track, or just makes it so they don't happen every day, that'd also be great lol).

Comments

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited July 2020
    The most recent patch made edits to event phone calls. Apparently people were annoyed by them so they got tuned down. (They were right in my case because I was so bothered by it that I used to turn all my Sim’s phones on silent lol.)

Either the patch or Eco Lifestyle also added MORE phone calls which is a bit ironic, but they’re cool. One of them is about an inheritance and another is your Sim’s parent saying they miss them and want to come over.

Is there a mod to make event calls happen more often? Don’t know.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Yes, thank goodness, haven't had those since the EL patch! Good riddance, really. I only go to the Flea market occasionally, no other festival.

I do have a mod to remove the job offers, but there are no options with it. Put the mod in, you won't get those offers at all. Also put in one to stop the annoying blind date calls. They are both by LittleMsSam, in her Random Small Mods section. Its one download with loads of small mods. Download, open the zip, then pick which mods you want.
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,099 Member
    I didn't mind the phone calls except the timing was off. My sim would get called to dance parties at 3:00 am or to a restaurant at 8:00 am in the morning. If the calls came at a normal time, I probably would have accepted the invites more.
  • Options
    wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    Aw bummer I missed those too.
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    I didn't mind the phone calls except the timing was off. My sim would get called to dance parties at 3:00 am or to a restaurant at 8:00 am in the morning. If the calls came at a normal time, I probably would have accepted the invites more.

What annoyed me the most was that someone would call at 9:00 AM asking my sim to go to a party or bar that night and if I accepted, they would go straight away.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited July 2020
    I loved my sims being invited out to places. The only ones I didn't like were when my sims got invited to places that were dry weather dependent. I found it annoying being invited to an event only to discover that the DJ Booth was no longer working cause of rain or snow.
  • Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    edited July 2020
    I think its terrible that all the event phone calls are gone. It makes my sim feel friendless. I dont have eco lifestyle so the only phonecalls my sim gets is job offers. This is the opposite of real life. My sim loved going out and now its back to doing all the work on relationships themself. Please bring them back and give those who hate phonecall events an on/ off switch instead. It is so immersion breaking to organise everything yourself. It seems the mission of this game is to make everything as boring and lifeless as possible - no more alien abductions, no vampire visits and now no friendships for your sim.
  • Options
    CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    My sims are still getting the calls occasionally.
  • Options
    TheFlyingGentlemanTheFlyingGentleman Posts: 116 Member
    Good riddance.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Becka28 wrote: »
    I think its terrible that all the event phone calls are gone. It makes my sim feel friendless. I dont have eco lifestyle so the only phonecalls my sim gets is job offers. This is the opposite of real life. My sim loved going out and now its back to doing all the work on relationships themself. Please bring them back and give those who hate phonecall events an on/ off switch instead. It is so immersion breaking to organise everything yourself. It seems the mission of this game is to make everything as boring and lifeless as possible - no more alien abductions, no vampire visits and now no friendships for your sim.

They're not gone just tuned down, since people always complained about their sim being harassed so much by these multiple calls. I still get them just not like four or five times a day or at those odd times. I get vampire visits indefinitely. Thing with that is if your sim is usually up past 8PM usually they don't visit or they're kinda just lingering outside the door stalking, but won't enter because sims are up and just leave.

Alien abductions actually have a hidden bar and certain things can actually increase it in the chance of being abducted. Or sometimes it might be pretty random on occasion my sim got abducted at a spice festival randomly.

Only thing right now with invites is that they're kinda broken Meaning when you get one and say yes to do the sim won't go anywhere be i ta party, date etc. So hope when the next patch comes it's fixed.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Instead of completely turning them off the way they did, I wished EA had put this in the options menu. This way it would give the player the choice on whether or not that they wanted this for their own gameplay. For my single sims, I loved having the invite out text, and not so much for my married sims.
  • Options
    @LadyKyn i have been playing for 20 sim weeks now and no invites. (My vampires and aliens are controlled by mcc so not so much an issue) I hate that my sim is all alone with no friends unless they do the work. However, the job phonecalls happen slmost every 2 sim hours - my sim has a job thanks. And charity calls everyday. These are the nuisance calls we wanted toned down not dates with your boyfriend and concerts with my friends. My sim will be an elder before long - this is ridiculous. I liked the festival invites and I need them for the drifter challenge.

Two of the main advertised features of get famous now dont happen either - blind dates and reputation parties. Why was something I paid for and enjoyed taken away? Give people the option to mute their phones not take features away from everyone.

• Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I wish they had got rid of the one, 'I heard you became friends with such and such'. Most annoying one imo.
  • Options
    Meela_PashtMeela_Pasht Posts: 704 Member
    Or getting a phone call to hang out when you are at work! Timing was waaaayyy off.
    If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Live in your Truth.
  • Options
    @CelSims I totally agree. I feel they left the annoying nuisance calls and toned down those thst forward game play leaving more nuisance calls. My cat called me to congratulate me on being friends with my baby. And baby wss happy his sister was friends with his brother. Do cats and babies have phones now?

@Meela_Pasht that was my main complaint. I would prefer my sims phone was off while at work and no calls 12am until 7am or similar but have the event calls back and the nuisance calls toned down. My favourites were the San Myshuno rabbit holes. You got the invite around 10am but it was for 8pm. You knew if your sim were free then and had time to get them ready to leave.