Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Create A LOT(Lot building)

I wish we had a Create A Lot like there is a Create A Sim so we can build lots without going into the game and save them into our gallery. Especially because the lot sizes we want to build on aren't always empty. I don't want to go through the whole loading screen and searching for empty lots and filling them. Sometimes I just want to build a house without having to delete it after saving. And i don't want to commit that build to that specific lot.

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,444 Member
    What about play testing?
  • Options
    Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member
    That functionality already exists. Start a new game and make it a new save. It doesn't matter if a lot size you want to build on is already occupied. Just demolish it and build whatever you want. It doesn't matter if you leave your build on that particular lot as it isn't your main save. It doesn't matter if you do decide to demolish it anyway because of you having the non-committal trait. It's not your main save. You can upload anything you build from here onto the gallery and share or show it to other players without it having impacted your main save. And you can download your build from the gallery to your main save if you decide on it any time you like.
  • Options
    A_MomA_Mom Posts: 868 Member
    I have a build save like @Zimz4 suggests and I use Newcrest. I have a family with all age groups plus a dog and cat that I use to play test. Finished product gets downloaded into my starter save.

But I have thought it’d be convenient to have a build only version of the game that you could build and upload to your own gallery. Kind of like a studio type thing that would run on my non gaming laptop so I could build while sitting with the family watching TV. Then I could play test them next time I’m in game.