Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who cares about whims? (Like i do)

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    AshenAshen Posts: 34 Member
    I keep whims turned off because I find them annoying, but I really like the sims 3 wishes.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    it seems that the general opinion is that if the whims were built in a structured manner, being related to traits, skills, relationships and not random and repetitive as they're now... most people would like to have that option. I hope they think about investing a bit time/resources into getting them better. (I wish, not that i believe...)
  • Options
    CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • Options
    TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    I love them and wish they were fixed. If you don’t clear them within a sim day they won’t clear so you have to dismiss them to get new ones. Bugs me to no end!
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,970 Member
    edited February 2020
    I have never cared about them and I'm glad that they are hidden, meanwhile.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 29,003 Member
    I use them to gain the points for some of those very useful rewards.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    KerrigannKerrigann Posts: 7 New Member
    I didn't even know that The Sims 4 had whims until recently. I played with them on since then, but I don't pay much attention now unless I really want a specific reward. I'd love if they were more in-depth though.
  • Options
    LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    I love whims, unfortunately mine are currently glitched. If I pin my whims, most of the time I don't get my points on completion.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    My sim had a whim to try for a baby with his wife last night when I was playing and now his family is about to get a little bigger. I love that they can be used to decide big life changing things like this. I can easily live without the buy a bee box whims or buy a square of pool. Those whims just seem silly to me. Like no you can't buy a square of pool.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,334 Member
    edited February 2020
    What pack is "Bee Box" in? I haven't seen that yet.
    Though the way to find stuff is frustrating in build mode anyways.

The silly thing is, you could build that bee box to complete the whim, then smash it. Then build it again to complete the whim when it pops up again. Then smash it again...

Build a square of pool, heh! I haven't tried that. But you probably can. I had two squares of 'pool' on a lot as decoration for the house, but then one guy went swimming in it. I'm like, "Dude, that's NOT a swimming pool.". I had to block it off with plants and a tiny wall. :D

I'll see it I can find the screenshots
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Bee Box is from Seasons.
    There's currently a bug that stops whims from completing once you travel. That's why the pinned whims usually don't complete.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    @Sketch793 Right. I guess I haven't seen or used it yet.
    @Sharonia I found what I call "ID10T pool". :D
    QOVt3Bu.png
    Hd62Qdt.png

EDIT: I changed the links to the images since I realized I had already uploaded them. Then deleted the new uploads.
    Post edited by Admiral8Q on
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    joelygirlsims2joelygirlsims2 Posts: 48 Member
    I like fulfilling whims when I can. I like to use the points to better my sims personality or life in some way.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,741 Member
    I used to like them since they influence my gameplay and give me something maybe more interesting to do rather than what I had in mind.

But my sims had so many satisfaction points already and so I turned off the whims. 😂
    My Top Song of the Day: The Blackest of Birds by Fightstar
    Y2D8eAf.gif
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    @Sketch793 Right. I guess I haven't seen or used it yet.
    @Sharonia I found what I call "ID10T pool". :D
    QOVt3Bu.png
    Hd62Qdt.png

EDIT: I changed the links to the images since I realized I had already uploaded them. Then deleted the new uploads.

Any sim that gets in a pool like that deserves a fence placement so they can't leave it. :D
  • Options
    Placebo7Placebo7 Posts: 107 Member
    I hate whims because they are momentary and almost entirely tied to emotions and what the Sim did most recently. I DO want an aspiration/desire/achievement system, like the Sims 2, where their WANTS were often tied to their personality, experiences, and overall goals. The whim to send a happy text or whatever is so meaningless to me. I wish Sims cared about their overall goals more and sending texts less.
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Right now I don't care about whims since it's broken. So many whims won't be completed even if I do exactly as it says, so I get my sims' points by completing aspirations instead.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Sharonia wrote: »
    Any sim that gets in a pool like that deserves a fence placement so they can't leave it. :D

Well, that was a moment when I was laughing to the point of tears! :D

No, a fence would just reset the Sim. It was part of play-testing a cool building I downloaded from the galley. I did modify it since it was a skeleton building without any of the pack stuff. But seeing what the Sims do, then flaws can be spotted. There was a big plant decoration that prevented them from getting upstairs. I figured out how to fix that. There were two there overlapped. So deleted one.

I may upload this building to Gallery if I get back to playing it. I'd take out as much extra pack stuff though so anyone can use it.

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    I do but I don't. They should been updating the whims for each pack they make for the Sims 4.