Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Toddlers

ยซ134
Just for fun. What are they to you in Sims 4?

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Toddlers 205 votes

A blessing
66% 136 votes
A torment
10% 21 votes
Neither
23% 48 votes

Comments

• Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Both, lol!

I love them. They are truly my favorite lifestate (is this the right word?). They're cute but they can also be evil but innocent at the same time. IRL I have a daughter that age so I can honestly say there are times I like toddlers in game better. And the next time I am happy I can quit the game and enjoy my sweet and angelic 4.5 year old little devil :D I don't see much difference between in game toddlers and RL toddlers. They are done pretty well. I love love love love love them. Am I clear? :)
    Sometimes when I play with them my throat is sore from my constant aww-ing.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    Depends on the trait they're given I suppose, but I don't mind them. And they sure are cute!
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,401 Member
    I just adore them. I agree with the earlier comments that these toddlers are made so well, they're just like real life toddlers. <3
    I haven't played any earlier Sims games, so I didn't even miss toddlers when we didn't have them, but now I can't imagine the game without them. I do have single Sims and couples and roommates who live their life without children, but I always feel tempted to get a Sim pregnant at some point, because I love toddlers so much. I'm even considering my evil Warlock who is single and wrecking havoc everywhere to find a girlfriend/wife and start reproducing.
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 954 Member
    Most of the time they are a blessing. If they start to annoy me, I take a break and go play some other family :smiley:
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Most of the time, a blessing. But "both" would be the more accurate answer for me.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,179 Member
    I hated toddlers in ts2, but the ones in ts4 are a lot more independent, so a lot easier to manage.
    Ever since I played a 7 toddler challenge a few months ago, I kind of like having them around. I do play with autonomy off though, but that goes for all my sims, regardless of household size and composition.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    @SimAlexandria I love that picture! <3

I love them! I think they're the best they've been so far, to be honest, especially with the Parenthood pack. I love that they can be naughty and I feel like you actually need to 'parent' them properly this time. <3
    NKNmoIG.jpg
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,438 Member
    Before they brought back toddlers, it really drove me nuts; going from a new baby straight to a school-age child.
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,492 Member
    edited January 2020
    Sims 4 toddlers my absolute favorite version of toddlers! :heart: Especially when compared to toddlers from Sims 3 (which were horribly designed)...
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Love them. A while back, I noted that toddlers, unlike older Sims, aren't affected by a lot of the mood buffs that cancel each other out. When toddlers get sad, they're just so sad, and when they're angry, they don't immediately pop into happy because they went into another room. And even without autonomy, they're a bit more unpredictable. They'll refuse to take a bath for no good reason (because they're toddlers, and maybe they don't want to take a bath right now), or rage-quit the dollhouse because they're tired of dolls.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,608 Member
    Ya gotta love those lil tikes <3
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,515 Member
    I agree with the comments above that a 'both' option would describe them best.
    I love having toddlers in my sims family. They can be challenging but are worth it.

I refused to play sims 4 because there were no toddlers. I got the game as soon as I heard those little simmies were patched in.
  • Options
    Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    I said this when Island Living came out, they are the cutest, most adorable things ever!! Esp with the animations of them playing in the sand!! And they bounce up and down while trying to dance to music, lol, I always make my husband stop what he's doing to come watch my sim toddlers because they are just so stinking cute. ๐Ÿ˜Š
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    they're fun, i hope the same amount of details and love go towards revamping babies.

love to wash a baby in the sink, have a changing table, stroller, and one of those bouncy swings for babies.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I absolutely adore them. They're one of my most favourite life stages in the Sims 4.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    While I am not the biggest fan of this installment, I will give it to them toddlers is the best version of any game..they did toddlers VERY very well.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,369 Member
    edited January 2020
    They are the best toddlers in the series, finally little personalities with lots of cute interactions instead of something that you chain to a skilling toy. The differences between the skill levels, especially walking, are so pronouced that it is fun to have two of the ankle biters of different ages in the same household.

But even so, there could be more for toddlers. Like adult sims they need to be able to do more together. One of the best sibling moments I had over the holidays, an older, max-skilled toddler teaching his little step-sister to drive a tricycle, was posed, not real game content.

Gameplay:
    2841f6ccc2f5878e987d72c4fcbc157add489a2b.jpg
    5b5c9122e55a6c364b8b64e6c57e9b418b10b281.jpg

Posed:
    e46827dce0777d9f65eb3c060feeef9393081e22.jpg
    857d334ca396bf2eb57ecf22ae60effb8737a397.jpg
    Currently playing: Castaway Challenge
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2020
    A part of a sim's life that I enjoy playing tbh.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,840 Member
    I wouldn't play with families until they were introduced. It was just wrong that they were a month or so old and then *poof* there stands an 8 yr old child.
    I wasn't huge on family play. In TS2, toddler is simply a leg up on skilling stage with some interaction to build relationships. In TS3, it is difficult to play families because I know how hideous they will probably look as they grow (and I have an issue with how University was set up, so skilling at younger stages is a let down for me).
    Somehow, I guessed that it was toddlers when I heard how big that patch was. I didn't take it too seriously though. When it was confirmed - HOLY CRAP! I really wasn't expecting it. More than liking the idea that there would no longer be that huge gap in age, I was so happy for those who were finally gonna get their tykes. Then I saw them. OMG! THEY ARE SO FRICKIN' CUTE!!! That run had me in tears of joy. And I'm someone who doesn't do "cute" very often.
    I heard about the Toddler Challenge and said "I'm doing this." My poor husband thought Hell had frozen over because for the first time I was laughing and genuinely enjoying TS4.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    A sim world without toddlers is a world I don't want to live in. I gave up on the sims 4 before they added toddlers. I only came back periodically to check if they were added. And once they were I have been playing ever since. My sim toddler just knocked over her bowl of peas and I love it lol <3
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    they're fun, i hope the same amount of details and love go towards revamping babies.

love to wash a baby in the sink, have a changing table, stroller, and one of those bouncy swings for babies.

I know just imagine if we get these things for toddlers ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member
    Sims 4 definitely has the best version of toddlers, but I very much dislike kids in real life, so toddlers and kids in game don't do it for me. I cheat max the potty skill, and then jsut get them maxed in whatever child skill i want to focus on to set them up properly, then they get aged up.

Babies are an insta-age up.
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I love them, as long as the game recognizes, eventually, that an angelic toddler would not make a mess, when it does I'd love them even more