Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

if they realise a retro pack with content from the 1950,1960,1970,1980,1990,2000 to now?

hello to all,

if they realise a retro pack with content from the 1950,1960,1970,1980,1990,2000 to now with retro furniture kitchen appliance from stove to dishwashers clothe all ages both sim gender hairstyle retro washers and dryers top load and retro frontload washer dryers wringer washers ect what would you create for your sims?
If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(

Comments

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    What do you mean what would I make for them?
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,571 Member
    type of house life for your sims @Chazzzy sorry for the confusion should of been more precise
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

• Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    We actually have a lot of that now. I decorate homes representing time periods all the way back to the late 1800s just with what we have in the game. Grant you I have all of the available dlc. But with that I can create a home to fit a multitude of time periods. I’m just not sure the devs need to make a whole pack for it, though I am always open to new assets both in CAS and in build/buy.

But for example the stove and fridge in jungle adventures is very 1950-60s inspired and can be combined with furniture from the Bowling Night stuff pack, Get Famous and this new tiny living pack for a full mid 20th century modern look or combined with the sofa full of pillows and the matching chairs from Cats & Dogs for a more homey casual mid century look (like my grandma’s house always used to have ❤️).

We have a lot of Victorian/Edwardian pieces from base game, Vampires, and Realm Of Magic to create that look.

Some of the lower end base game refrigerators are very much like the ones from my childhood heck one even comes in an avocado green swatch and a mustard gold swatch and fit right in to a 1970-1980s kitchen and so does the furniture from a multitude of packs as far as living rooms, dining rooms, and bedrooms go.

As for the 2000s, there’s no end really to creating home for that, because you can go full modern, or scatter in some of the more antique looking pieces and totally create a home from this century no problem.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    hello to all,

if they realise a retro pack with content from the 1950,1960,1970,1980,1990,2000 to now with retro furniture kitchen appliance from stove to dishwashers clothe all ages both sim gender hairstyle retro washers and dryers top load and retro frontload washer dryers wringer washers ect what would you create for your sims?

I would play a decade legacy.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I love content from the 1950s to 1980s. I would use tons of it.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I can see myself doing a decade legacy as well. It sounds pretty fun.
    Last summer we were checking out some old photographs at my grandparents' house. My mum used to "create" (red light, you know what I mean) photographs with her father when she was a kid and she was showing me some of the films. It was awesome. It was during communism and all the pics looked like they were taken straight out of a movie. All the clothes and wide smiles. One big happy family.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,184 Member
    I love retro. The styles brought back from my childhood & youth. I also love retro movies/shows & old classic hollywood movies.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,873 Member
    I'd absolutely love some retro items. I loved the decades stuff pack we got in Sims 3. I'd buy a stuff pack for every decade from 1950s -2000 - by that I mean each decade would have a pack.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,571 Member
    me i would invent even if i play with aging fully off a story of a single mom with her sister and kids as well with her children a story where she inherits a 1954 house that was in her family, the mom wents to keeps the original charm of the house while the sister went to invest in making the house more modern but in the end the single mom makes her point and the house stays as it is

• Options
    LakodaLakoda Posts: 7 New Member
    I would love CAS stuff. :)
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Now that we are in the 2020s the 2000s looks quite 'Old Skool' as it will always be more than 10 years since the decade and as the game is nearly 20 years old then it would be fitting to have a 2000s theme at some point.

Here are things from the 2000s that we need:

c16e20918de4fc3662a1b10ec717a6fb.jpg

$_86.JPG

Bugatti-Veyron.jpg

ddmec15-1ab4058d-97db-4ae6-922b-0a1539b2848d.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzY1MGZhODMzLTkyZmYtNDQ3ZS1iNGRmLWRlNmEwMjMwZTVhMlwvZGRtZWMxNS0xYWI0MDU4ZC05N2RiLTRhZTYtOTIyYi0wYTE1MzliMjg0OGQuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.LKuBmQmRAmzEYQy1mwvD7w8S54TTt8kAl6L5uDkiqaM
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    SpiddermouseSpiddermouse Posts: 23 Member
    I would love more retro decoration and electronics, like a small 50s radio and porcelain figurines or a teapot. I would like more distressed objects too. So I can make it look like a home has been well lived in or is filled with hand me downs.
    I also would like more retro wall papers and clothing, I want to bring back the 70’s in my sims houses. I feel there is potential for a nostalgia/elder game pack with retro items but also more family interactions and elder stuff, and I definitely want them to bring back memories to the sims.
  • Options
    AlveAlve Posts: 101 Member
    In that case I'd like genuine stuff from that period. Not the stereotypical stuff we usually associate with the eras
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    The 70's, 80's and 90's was my favorite stuff pack in Sims 3. I'd be definitely happy if they remade this one.
  • Options
    ObaniMoonObaniMoon Posts: 18 Member
    This game seems like it already has a retro aesthetic. But if they went even further with it I wouldn't mind. Maybe they could add a gamepack with a new world.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'd be cool with a pack like this and with other historic themes. Granny Chic had elements of that in the stuff pack vote.

I could see doing a Decades legacy myself. The only tricky bit for me is that I'd probably need it to be in a different save rather than in my massive modern rotation.

If I did that, I'd want to start farther back, at least in the 1800s or earlier. We have a lot of Victorian stuff though I'd always like more. The thing is that the more stuff you get, the less repetitive it all is. For example, if I did a decades legacy, I'd need to redo the whole town in a save. It would be complicated but doable.

I could see wanting more stuff from different decades though. I don't think we've gotten a lot of 80s stuff yet for example. We could definitely get more 60s stuff as well such as cat's eye glasses and hair that flips in or out. If they start making more historic content, there's kind of an infinite well.

I'd probably want stuff from all the different historic eras including some older stuff.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'd be interested in some more styles from the 1940s for example or the 1920s and 30s. I'd also want some more prim Victorians and Edwardians who aren't vampires (though the vampire stuff is great for that). As mentioned, I could be interested in other eras too.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,184 Member
    Old Classics from:
    1920s to 1940s
    1950s to 1980s
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I always like Victorian styles. For retro, however, I'd most like items (furniture) inspired by the 1950s. The 1960s and 70s are too garish for my taste, and I don't recall the 80s having a particular furniture style. Some of the women's clothing from the 50s has a bit of kitsch appeal, but otherwise, it was pretty boring, and just no to 60s, 70s and 80s clothing and hair. (Please let floofy hair die, die, die and never return. Not to mention bell-bottoms, which people keep dragging back from their well-deserved grave.)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,094 Member
    As long as that pack allowed me to disable cell phones and added more than just objects and clothing give me radio stations that play songs from those decades new dances people did in those times, black and white network on tv a classic tv network. The same can be said for cars if they ever come I'd love to see classics of those as well let me make the world feel more like that time one of the many reasons I hate not having CAW we play with time locked the world never changes beyond our personal lot.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I want older, like 1800s, but would be hard to do when all other sims are modern, wish there was a world filled with 1800s families including a royal family.

There's already a few costumes fringed Famous that help, but would be nice to have more CAS things all the way to toddlers for that, and you can use some Vampire and even Realm of Magic items to decorate older, but could use more decor and paintings of that era.

There could even be a Royal Ball that only the elite get invited to, you could have an aspiration to become one of the noble elites and get invited, new traits to go with it. That's the kind of thing I'd love to ser8, there's alot to be done including castles
  • Options
    LoftyyLoftyy Posts: 101 Member
    I would be all about a pack with 60's-90's stuff!
    I love 80's and 90's style things in particular, I even have a jazzercise club in my game and an old fashioned diner. So yeah I'd be sold! :D
  • Options
    SquirrelTail15SquirrelTail15 Posts: 259 Member
    Here are things from the 2000s that we need:

$_86.JPG

For the computer, try the 'Milton word processor' from the writer career. It's not perfect but fits the 1970s-2000s box quite well. I've been playing a generations legacy at the moment and do agree that we need more old school stuff.
    banner.png