Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Admiral 8Q!!!

Heh heh! I finally made a Sim based on my screen name. I went as closely as possible with the avatar Torplexed made for me. :)

After tweaking some skills and traits, I landed 8Q at "Admiral's Wreckage" in Sulani.

QLfSWqJ.png
taNtJ1V.png
Reticulating Splines...
9ODVlJh.png

Comments

• Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I would love for you to share The Admiral's Adventures. <3
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    Nice job!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    You did a good job getting him to look like your avatar. His wardrobe is pretty awesome too! Have fun!
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    edited January 2020
    I'm thinking of having this as 8Q's history as a teen and young-adult before he became an Admiral and eventually ending up crashing onto an island in Sulani.
    Chasing the 'fabled' mermaids around the world. What do you think?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoD85XifDjM&quot;]https://youtube.com/watch?v=BoD85XifDjM
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    That's very creative.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Your Admiral is awesome! Love his clothing choices!

I wrote a similar back story with my retired pirate. He was chasing a Mermaid when he got shipwrecked on the island and now he keeps to himself, living off the island while looking for clues that lead to lost treasure, and trying to track down "his" Mermaid. I have good Mermaids and wicked Sirens in the area so his fate will be determined by which one he finds first. His odds aren't good, the Sirens live closer, as does the Voodoo Mambo. Then there's the volcano... >:)

Our seafaring Sims could be allies...or enemies! Lol. :smiley:

I also have a colonial sailor in Brindleton Bay but she sort of became a veterinarian and started to take in sick strays to heal them so I think she's going to be grounded for a while. 😄

Definitely share your Admiral's adventures!
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Update time!

Admiral 8Q, after spending time chasing the mermaid all over Sulani, finally caught her! Her name is Hanna Harpoun. (Or was it actually Hanna Harpoun who caught Admiral 8Q? "Hook line and sinker?" Metaphorically.) ;)

FQ4wkm3.png

More details here:

And WOW! She is gorgeous! She caught the one... I mean he caught... well...
    Anyways, after so many years at sea, Hanna Harpoun is happy, and so is Admiral 8Q. His ship may be a wreck buried in sand, but he turned it into a home. The locals think he's crazy, which he probably is, but so is Hanna. Admiral 8Q loves it when she does her energized dolphin laugh.
    "EEK-EE-EEAAK-EE-HEE-HEE"

Ah1RvOv.png

Admiral 8Q, with his handiness, turned the lower levels of the ship into a comfortable place to live. Fixed up everything. Completely cut of from "the grid", took alot of work. But it was worth it! Didn't take too long for 8Q and Hanna to get to know each-other and.. then it was imminent...

2caTuFi.png

After an engagement 'ceremony' in the bilge of the former cargo hold of the ship, that 8Q calls B-Deck now, with Hanna Harpoun able to swim in her natural Mermaid form while woohoo'ing, (That's private.), they had triplets! For an 'off-the-grid' place, with no TV, computer, wifi, stereo, etc, quite the nice place! Maybe nicer.

cNbkNGT.png

Three little Human-Mermaids. From left to right:
    Minnie Mermaid
    Hannah Harpoun
    Tessie Typhoun
    Adorable little trouble makers!

TeIlZJ3.png

Minnie eating salad in the bow of the ship on A-Deck. Next to the mysterious treasure chest:
    6IXa4RC.png
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Nice job! Your fellow has his work cut out for sure. That video prooves a sailor can't be too careful when hitting the beach. Especially on the China Station in the 'Realm of the Golden Dragon'...
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    She's adorable. They look quite happy. :)

My pirate, Captain Lupin, is still searching for his Mermaid but he's apparently become a Spellcaster behind my back, much to my surprise, lol. Well, that changes the story a bit, doesn't it?
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Admiral 8Q chasing mermaid Hanna Harpoun...

"Mermaid spotted! She's moving at least three times as fast as me! And I'm at all ahead flank!"
    aH38NBz.png

"Where did she go? "
    ScMCG9z.png

"There you are! Hard to starboard..."
    mw5b6xR.png

"Trying that again are you?!"
    Q6x32wL.png

"I have you on an intercept course now..."
    JMAl2Xw.png

Mermaid Hanna, "Oh really? Watch this!"
    s3DVRPN.png

Hanna, "You weren't watching!"
    GwdJiWx.png

"He will never catch me!"
    sZe8JwU.png

"Unless I want him to!" ;)
    5V7ehnZ.png
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    Not just the finny ones that to that to a fella... Nice job of story tellling there, mate!
  • Options
    Not just the finny ones that to that to a fella... Nice job of story tellling there, mate!

Thanks! Two more screenshots. My favorites!

Here:
    SAtM4Qv.png
    xOpmDvk.png
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Is the Mermaid pregnant?
  • Options
    beadierturtlebeadierturtle Posts: 295 Member
    I love how he wears his captain hat no matter the circumstance.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited March 2020
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    Heh heh! I finally made a Sim based on my screen name. I went as closely as possible with the avatar Torplexed made for me. :)

After tweaking some skills and traits, I landed 8Q at "Admiral's Wreckage" in Sulani.

QLfSWqJ.png
    taNtJ1V.png

Hi, where did you get his admiral's uniforms ie. Formal 1 and Party? I love them.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    Try TSR. I found mine there, under historical I believe. Also found a 19th century British infantry soldier's outfit.

Sorry about your sig. Very sad.
  • Options
    WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,758 Member
    edited March 2020
    @Admiral8Q your game sounds like a fantastic idea for a story.
    I enjoy playing the shipwreck lot too. Mine is inhabited by a young merman who got washed up there in a storm and was raised by the island spirits. Not much chance of him meeting any pirates though I'm afraid as he is terrified of them (just don't tell him he lives in a pirate ship). He is also scared of the deep ocean after reading too many stories about pirates and sea monsters. :)
  • Options
    CaptainElsaCaptainElsa Posts: 226 Member
    This is plum amazing!
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    I love how he wears his captain hat no matter the circumstance.

Totally! :DB)
    Hi, where did you get his admiral's uniforms ie. Formal 1 and Party? I love them.

It was from TSR (thesimsresource.com) Try historical clothing category.
    Look up the creator name: Bruxel at TSR if you can't find it.
    Cheers!
    Post edited by Admiral8Q on
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    Look up the creator name: Bruxel at TSR if you can't find it.
    Cheers!

Thanks, I will do. I couldn't get anywhere when I tried yesterday.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    beadierturtlebeadierturtle Posts: 295 Member
    This thread inspired me to move into the abandoned ship as well, and I have to say that it is probably the coolest home I've lived in so far. I hope they offer more home alternatives than another house.