Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Argh!!! Cheat needed!!

I am a builder, so first thing I did was built a dorm. I now want to test it but I can't because I can't move any students in except at enrollment. The game starts at the beginning of a 7 day term. I am a builder (as I said), so I don't want to play for 7 sim days each time I want to test something I built!!! Is there a cheat to move students to a new dorm mid term?

Comments

• Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,434 Member
    How about do a save as?
    Save your build, then save as, making a separate save file to play one or two days to test it. Then go back to your original save with the unplayed building and edit it.
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    I am only two days into the term and have to play for another 5 days before I can enroll anyone. And the student I was playing is about to fail as I really can't be bothered playing it properly. Please I pray there is a cheat or some way of getting them into that dorm without playing nicely for another 5 sim days :'(
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    you can actually go about it the reverse way. there's a cheat 'bb.enablefreebuild' that will let you build on the dorms when they're occupied (this also lets you build/edit lots that you normally can't, like sylvan glade, forgotten grotto, and all the lots that came with get to work)
  • Options
    Oh I should have done that. But it wouldn't have worked for this one as the building I wanted to make was on a penthouse lot with only one person in it. I think he would have been thrown out when I changed the lot type. Why did they do this? They didn't have to before. I used to host students as paying guests myself and they were always allowed to move mid-term if they wanted to and there was a vacancy
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited November 2019
    There's also a cheat to instantly enroll. Just turn testingcheats on and right-click the sim (or shift-click, I don't remember.) You'll see enrollment under the University menu.
    Post edited by IceyJ on
  • Options
    Ah now that might help! Cheers!