Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Exchange Lots with No CAP Question

Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

I'm curious to know why builders do not use CAP in their builds and mention it in the description? I have not used CAP in my builds and I have not downloaded any, but I would love to have new patterns. Are there issues with CAP?

I'm afraid to download much of anything besides lots after getting the day night boots and horse body from the exchange :D If the reason is similar to this issue I can understand.

Any help for my inquisitive mind is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,435 Member
    edited November 2019
    I think the only issue with CAP is that sometimes it doesn't transfer with the lot. Patterns made recently with the CAP tool should be OK, but to have them transfer with an uploaded build the patterns need to be in DCBackup. Some people routinely clean out that file (except for ccmerged.package which is needed, of course), and in that case, the CAP patterns don't transfer with the upload.

As for why it's mentioned, some people just don't want it in their games and this tells them what the build has (or doesn't).
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    CidyWolfCidyWolf Posts: 68 Member
    @suzses

Thank you for your reply. I will continue to not use them just to be on the safe side.