Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Not sure this is intended? Sim failed due to Thanksgiving.

poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
WuWjHPc.png

Thanksgiving happened and afterwards my sim wasn't going to have class for 5 days. The term ended and she never went to her final class for finals sooooo now she's on probation. :#

Edit: I realized that can read a bit odd. On the day exams were supposed to happen they just didn't. Meaning my sim was doomed from the start.
Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!

Comments

• Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    Oh. :o Sounds like something they didn't think through when adding Seasons to the game play.
    People who set their seasons for one week are going to have a particularly rough time if they forget to enable work/school for holidays.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I’m gonna turn it off or set it so they still have school. Thanksgiving is one that has a day off I think.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    I’m gonna turn it off or set it so they still have school. Thanksgiving is one that has a day off I think.

Yeah she had the day off that day. Oddly enough Christmas and New Years did not break her school schedule.
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • Options

Yeah she had the day off that day. Oddly enough Christmas and New Years did not break her school schedule.

That’s so weird? Maybe it’s one if the traditions that’s causing it? Is there a tradition it has the other two don’t?

• Options

That’s so weird? Maybe it’s one if the traditions that’s causing it? Is there a tradition it has the other two don’t?

It could be that I changed traditions on that day. I hate the gnomes so I always change it to drinking since it's a simpler one. Maybe because I edited it that day it got a bit buggy? Not really sure.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    New Years is a Saturday, so I wouldn't expect that to impact anything. Christmas is on a Wednesday, so classes would be impacted by that.

But thanks for the heads up. This was something I was worried about.
  • Options

It could be that I changed traditions on that day. I hate the gnomes so I always change it to drinking since it's a simpler one. Maybe because I edited it that day it got a bit buggy? Not really sure.

I bet that’s it. The game cries when you change the traditions during the holiday. I hate the gnomes too and always forget to remove them.

But I think it’s smart to only have holidays on the weekends.

• Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    NO! Please don't tell me they completely overlooked the way Seasons/University would function together... :disappointed: I truly hope this will be fixed soon... because it's something I didn't even think of until now... this would be highly annoying if Sims will be punished for not attending class during a major holiday like that!
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited November 2019
    Thanks for the warning. Makes sense if its a holiday and its schedueled to be no school or work. Don't think its really an oversight as it function as intended, except for the part of not pushing exams a day back when a holiday is active.

Guess my sims will have certain off holidays on the weekend.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    Wow. Thanks for the heads up. I'll remember to remove all vacations off my holidays (and maybe move one or two to the weekend if I really want some to have an automatic day off for those) before enrolling my little sweethearts :smiley:
  • Options
    qpmommaqpmomma Posts: 135 Member
    WuWjHPc.png

Thanksgiving happened and afterwards my sim wasn't going to have class for 5 days. The term ended and she never went to her final class for finals sooooo now she's on probation. :#

Edit: I realized that can read a bit odd. On the day exams were supposed to happen they just didn't. Meaning my sim was doomed from the start.

Oh! Because exams are on Thursdays and so is Thanksgiving?!? I'll have to make sure I have no holidays on Thursdays then!
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    qpmomma wrote: »
    WuWjHPc.png

Oh! Because exams are on Thursdays and so is Thanksgiving?!? I'll have to make sure I have no holidays on Thursdays then!
    Well, exams aren’t always on Thursdays, the term begins 1-2 days after you enroll. The final exam would happen on the 5th business day of your term so try to keep a lookout for any upcoming holidays when your term is laid out and cancel them ahead of time if you don’t want the interference.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    babajayne wrote: »
    WuWjHPc.png

Well, exams aren’t always on Thursdays, the term begins 1-2 days after you enroll. The final exam would happen on the 5th business day of your term so try to keep a lookout for any upcoming holidays when your term is laid out and cancel them ahead of time if you don’t want the interference.

I thought classes began on Tuesdays? I didn't know it was random. That's bites.
  • Options
    WuWjHPc.png

It’s not random, it depends on when you enroll. The game gives you a day or two before your first class starts. I just don’t know why sometimes it’s 2 days - that involved a Sunday so perhaps that doesn’t count.
  • Options
    WuWjHPc.png

It’s not random, it depends on when you enroll. The game gives you a day or two before your first class starts. I just don’t know why sometimes it’s 2 days - that involved a Sunday so perhaps that doesn’t count.

Ok. I didn't know that. I thought for sure I saw on Carl's Guides video he said they start on Tuesday. Good to know I can start on a Monday if I want 😊
  • Options
    WuWjHPc.png

Ok. I didn't know that. I thought for sure I saw on Carl's Guides video he said they start on Tuesday. Good to know I can start on a Monday if I want 😊
    Try enrolling on a Friday to make that happen! But the Mon-Fri schedule is not the best idea, you will have to finish by Friday, that doesn’t give you time during the weekend to work on term papers/presentations unless you get them out of the way upfront.