The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Glimmerbrook is AMAZING for Builders

Comments

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    No pictures??
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited August 2019
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    No pictures??
    They only released this one
    Fwg8lWy.jpg
    Also SimGuruNinja has tweeted some pictures out that show a waterfall.

egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    I really want to find out how big the lots are in the residential area. I have plans!
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I really wonder how big is Glimmerbrook, was it confirmed 4-5 lot?

I see 3, and I heard there is one empty one, but judging by the picture it seems there's a lot of forest between the houses and the portal/ Waterfall area.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    I really wonder how big is Glimmerbrook, was it confirmed 4-5 lot?

I see 3, and I heard there is one empty one, but judging by the picture it seems there's a lot of forest between the houses and the portal/ Waterfall area.

Yeah, it's been confirmed to have 5 lots: 2 occupied, 1 venue, 1 started home, 1 empty. it's got a walkable area though toward the waterfall and the portal, so I'm guessing while not buildable, it'll look spacious.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited August 2019
    I think the circled ones are the four prebuilt lots, but somehow I'm not entirely sure where the empty one would be. Maybe next to the one in the left corner? Although it looks like there's something there as well, so maybe that's the venue?* I really don't know.

LKyfUqU.png

*actually, given its size (or the looks of it anyway) that might also be the starter home.

Are we getting new venue types, btw?
  • Options
    WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    @SimTrippy Probably not but Ninja replied to my tweet which vaguely suggests a lot trait!

Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    @SimTrippy the gugus didn't mention one, though they also didn't mention there wouldn't be one, so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I think the one on the bottom left is the venue & I've been staring at it for way too long but have no idea what it could be lol The one in the middle looks like it'll be the starter home, the other two belonging to the Spellcaster couple (which is one confirmed household) and the family with a magical bloodline (the other confirmed household).
  • Options
    I do wonder if where those two pink trees are up near the top of the picture if that's where the portal is.. that seems like a longish walk if true. I think that's what most excites me about this area. It isn't smashed together and you might not even see your neighbors homes. Will work well for future farms, country/rural homes and cabins. Love the dirt paths..
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I do wonder if where those two pink trees are up near the top of the picture if that's where the portal is.. that seems like a longish walk if true. I think that's what most excites me about this area. It isn't smashed together and you might not even see your neighbors homes. Will work well for future farms, country/rural homes and cabins. Love the dirt paths..

yeah the river is flowing that way... Unless Glimmerbrook is actually at the bottom of the waterfall... but judging by the distance of this screenshot the water fall is over there.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• Options
    edited August 2019
    @WolfNate that does kinda sound like a lot trait, yes. That would be fine as well though I'd love a venue! :D
    @darrenfroggy yes, agreed that it looks like the one on the left is the venue. I just felt the middle one was perhaps a bit too big to be a starter which is why I changed my mind. But I'm really not sure xD. So without confirmation about possible new venues, I guess we have no idea what venue that is?

@Hermitgirl that makes sense! Also, if we can in fact walk that far down, and given that the other lots always have green patches of terrain under them, I'd think the last remaining buildable venue is this one here (next to the question mark):
    0Y6kzGu.png

It's the only other green-ish patch of land and if that is indeed the portal, it could make sense for a lot to be there. Somehow I didn't even look that far down xD
  • Options
    WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    The trees being bright pink are probably a way to help you find the gate easily for your sims who are muggles or don't wanna use Glimmerstone to port
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,921 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    @Hermitgirl that makes sense! Also, if we can in fact walk that far down, and given that the other lots always have green patches of terrain under them, I'd think the last remaining buildable venue is this one here (next to the question mark):

It's the only other green-ish patch of land and if that is indeed the portal, it could make sense for a lot to be there. Somehow I didn't even look that far down xD

That's my best guess for the empty lot as well, but I would also be willing to believe that it's somewhere hidden among the trees.
  • Options
    @SimTrippy good catch with the green. That would also probably make it a rather sizeable lot *crosses fingers for a 64x64 one so I can move the family farm there*

I would guess that the starter home might not be in the middle, but the other two look bigger.

(aaaagh, I can't wait to find out more, this whole waiting business is frustrating. but also exciting!)
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,143 Member
    My forming theory about Glimmerbrook and the magical realm is that the chunks of rock floating in the void were one a part of Glimmerbrook where the waterfall and cliff are. But as outsiders started moving into the valley and looking down on the spellcasters, the most powerful of the mages decided to create a safe haven for their kind. So together they relocated their older town into a magical void open only to those brave enough to enter the magical portal.
    If you look closely at the buildings in the realm of magic, they all seem old and delpatated. There is definitely history here.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,921 Member
    So, I was thinking that it could go either way with the one in the bottom left and the one right smack in the middle: by which I mean, either one could be the starter home, and either one could be the venue.

But here's my new theory: I think the one in the bottom left might be the venue, and the actual venue is on the far left, while the structure to the right of it, that does not have a green base and sort of looks like an empty parking lot, could be a new non-editable community lot similar to the festival lot on Sulani. Only this one might be a dueling arena or other area for magic-based community events.
  • Options
    @SimTrippy They did put some trees or bushes on a vacant lot in Del Sol Valley, so yeah it could be right there and we are looking for a bare patch...
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    @SimTrippy good catch with the green. That would also probably make it a rather sizeable lot *crosses fingers for a 64x64 one so I can move the family farm there*

I would guess that the starter home might not be in the middle, but the other two look bigger.

(aaaagh, I can't wait to find out more, this whole waiting business is frustrating. but also exciting!)

I can't wait either! I'm glad I love my current save so I can really enjoy the game without it but just knowing that I'll finally have witches again after all this time does often lead to the inevitable "nope wait can't do x, y, z with this sim, I need them for RoM"-moment xD I feel like time went so fast these last few months, right up until we got the official announcement. xD May the 10th be with us all soon!
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    No pictures??
    Fwg8lWy.jpg

Looks like the world from Outdoor Retreat to me.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    I think the circled ones are the four prebuilt lots, but somehow I'm not entirely sure where the empty one would be. Maybe next to the one in the left corner? Although it looks like there's something there as well, so maybe that's the venue?* I really don't know.

LKyfUqU.png

*actually, given its size (or the looks of it anyway) that might also be the starter home.

Are we getting new venue types, btw?

There's a bridge at the bottom of the photo. Maybe #5 is over that way....
  • Options
    No pictures??
    Fwg8lWy.jpg

Looks like the world from Outdoor Retreat to me.

Similar woodlands area, along with Willow Creek, which puts them close to each other in the TS4 world.
  • Options
    I have to say they really know how to build a forest and make it look natural, I tried and all my trees are uniform, I try resizing, rotating and scattering with a vision in mind, and it doesn't work even now I'm trying to build a Park, and I'm having difficulty.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,020 Member
    Sorry, pink tree people, but I see only green ones. Now is the time for all of us to be patient.
  • Options
    @Oldeseadogge two pink blobs above the house in the middle of the pic.

And yeah, waiting is what we've got. Speculation in the meantime is fun though!

On that note, my snooping brought me to this fan-made possible map that connects all the worlds. Glimmerbrook would fit nicely into the mountains above Granite Falls and Forgotten Hollow on that one:
    fanmademap.jpg

(that said, I do think that Selvadorada is further away from everything else)

And apologies for the off-topic tangent, please return to your regular scheduled programming of: this world has no background FX buildings, that alone is going to be great :D
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,020 Member
    Going up to the break in the tree line following the center house line I see two medium grey blobs. Those might be them, as I see some shades of pink as grey, and some shades of grey as pink. Yes, I have trouble with certain colours and shades.