The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realm of Magic Official Countdown Thead (Release Day Now Available)!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    12 Days Left!!!!! Another Day down!!!!!!!

Can it be 10th yet??
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Kamio wrote: »
    I am more excited about RoM then I am about my own birthday :D

I’m debating taking three days off of work to enjoy everything on offer. It comes out my birthday week so...woohoo!

I considered taking a 'snow day' last year when Seasons came out, so I totally understand. I wish the pack were coming out tomorrow, as we've got a holiday weekend in the US. (It'll give me time to get my legacy family ready for magic, at least.)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    mmb_abrmmb_abr Posts: 58 Member

I’m debating taking three days off of work to enjoy everything on offer. It comes out my birthday week so...woohoo!

I considered taking a 'snow day' last year when Seasons came out, so I totally understand. I wish the pack were coming out tomorrow, as we've got a holiday weekend in the US. (It'll give me time to get my legacy family ready for magic, at least.)

I too am disappointed that it didn't line up with the holiday weekend. Luckily for me, my partner will be out of town for a family thing the weekend it comes out so I can totally ignore the world for a couple days guilt free. :D Yesterday he was like "are you gonna miss me?" and I was like "normally, I would but..."
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited August 2019
    WolfNate wrote: »

Haha isn't it embarrassing to call off work with Vacation Days for a game's release date?

Ermm nope :D I take days off for nearly every major sim release (not SPs though) - and I say nearly mostly because EPs releasing around June tend to drop when I'm in the middle of my annual 2-week vacation anyway xD Plus, really, who cares what you take days off for? It's not like you really have to justify taking what's legally yours, right :D I have 42 vacation days a year - I've got to do something with them. And I'd say having super adult fun with a new pack while everyone else is out working is some of the best vacation time of the year! That's why I took Thursday / Friday the week RoM releases. And I'm HYPED! :D
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Yea I’m trying to get my days switched around so I can play at midnight. :p
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

I hope it'll work out! Fortunately, you still have some time left. I'll cross my fingers for you.

But really, how is it not even September yet. We really need a spellcaster to fix this mess.
  • Options
    realm-55.jpg

Trailer shows her going "Whoa!" So I'm curious what that's about do our sims go "Whoa!" When summong a familiar or this is her casting a spell to make one ala Ni No Kuni?
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,579 Member
    @SimTrippy jeez 42 vacation days! I get 28, including bank hols :( I'm starved for vacation lol.

No booking time off for a GP for me... I have to be careful what I take off cos they run out really fast.

I'm finally getting a little excited haha. It was the picture of the different broomsticks on the wall that did it. How bizarre out of everything that we've seen, that one thing got me into excitement mode.
  • Options
    @elanorbreton ts4-tile-realm-of-magic-16x9-04.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.jpg

Closer look at brooms
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,491 Member
    @SimTrippy jeez 42 vacation days! I get 28, including bank hols :( I'm starved for vacation lol.

No booking time off for a GP for me... I have to be careful what I take off cos they run out really fast.

I'm finally getting a little excited haha. It was the picture of the different broomsticks on the wall that did it. How bizarre out of everything that we've seen, that one thing got me into excitement mode.

If it is any consolation, you are not the only one. I can only dream of 42 days. I need my vacation days for other things than sims. I prefer using them for going on vacation or spending time with my family.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,122 Member
    I've just had a week off work and my next time off is in November, but it's ok, I will make time to play. I just hope I don't end up having to work late when the pack comes.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    @elanorbreton ts4-tile-realm-of-magic-16x9-04.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.jpg

Closer look at brooms

Lol that was the exact pic I got excited about, I think it was earlier in this thread but I'm only on my phone now and it's a pain for me to check.
  • Options
    @elanorbreton You mean... This one?

realm-18.jpg
  • Options

realm-18.jpg

Ooh, no, I never saw that one before. Thanks, that looks cool. And I finally got a look at the hoodie people have been talking about.
  • Options
    Is it wrong I keep reading articles on RoM that basically say same thing? (or are totally not on the ball)
  • Options
    AngelluluAngellulu Posts: 634 Member

realm-18.jpg

Ooh, no, I never saw that one before. Thanks, that looks cool. And I finally got a look at the hoodie people have been talking about.

Loving the hoodie guy. I hope hair shows in it, so you can have that emo haircut and make those rebel wizards.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,490 Member

Gamepacks don't get midnight releases only expansions do.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,490 Member
    11 Days!!!!!!
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    realm-55.jpg

Trailer shows her going "Whoa!" So I'm curious what that's about do our sims go "Whoa!" When summong a familiar or this is her casting a spell to make one ala Ni No Kuni?

That dress though... and the hair..
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,045 Member
    edited August 2019
    Ew, gross. I wanted to play ASAP. This post has ruined my life.
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
  • Options

Thank you for pointing this out. So that means it will be out in my time zone in the evening and I probably won't get a chance to play until the 11th. :(
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »

Thank you for pointing this out. So that means it will be out in my time zone in the evening and I probably won't get a chance to play until the 11th. :(

i have adulting on the 11th.
  • Options
    Atreya33 wrote: »

i have adulting on the 11th.

What does that mean? Never heard that phrase before.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top