Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can Sims autonomously break up???

So my sims just arrived to a dance party. I panned over to the dance floor so I could use the "Dance Together" option to get the party started. Then I double clicked Caiden to find him, changed his outfit and then went over to Sofia where I noticed she had an embarassed moodlet while she was dancing. I changed her outfit and looked at it. And I noticed she was "Caught Cheating". At first I thought it was because they left the house flirty and she flirted with a random sim so I checked to see if Caiden had an angry moodlet. No. He didn't notice. So Then I went back to Sofia and I noticed she had an angry moodlet. SHE TRIED TO BREAK UP WITH CAIDEN!

...or so I thought.

I waited a few minutes for Caiden to develop an angry moodlet but nothing. So I thought maybe there's another sim here that has a romantic relationship with Sofia. I hovered over every sim on the lot and found Morgan Fyres! ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? SOFIA AND MORGAN???? When were they dating????? As NPCs are they dating? Because that's cute but they were always really mean to each other. Did they have a secret romance whilst maintaining appearances for their club? I ship it whole heartedly but what is going on with Sofia trying to autonomusly break up with Morgan????

I've figured that Sofia was caught cheating on Morgan with Caiden but
1)How did she autonomously breakup with Morgan??? (Yes I have full autonomy on but uninstalled MCCC awhile ago so they can't woohoo autonomously but they can flirt)
2)Can break up attempts fail???
3)Has anyone ever seen this before??????

Here's Sofia's Embarassed moodlet
zaA6FMj.png
Here is her angry moodlet
0vhFpPo.png
Here is Sofia's relationship to Caiden Marlow, her husband.
5vVyQ3T.png
Here is Sofia's relationship with Morgan Fyres who is married to another sim (Antoine Flyers)
4TxkOD1.png
Check out my builds on the gallery by searching my username: lzbthnndgls

Comments

• Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    That’s a really odd description on the failed breakup moodlet. More friendship in order to break up?
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Sims can refuse to break up? Since when? This is news to me. Can they refuse a divorce too?
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    ?? thats weird do you have any mods installed?
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    Is it possible you hadn't noticed the relationship first in the relationships window for Sofia before the clubbing? Or did this just happen in the club on short notice, and if so, did it happen to your character as well after the clubbing with Luna Villareal and the one in the green and black?
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    hyrulerose wrote: »
    That’s a really odd description on the failed breakup moodlet. More friendship in order to break up?

Makes even less sense considering Sofia and Morgan's frienship is practically nil and their relationship is in the awkward stage. It should of been easy to break it off. Unless it is seen from another point of view, because the relationship is already in a negative, it requires the relationship to increase into the positive so it can be broken? But then what would be the point in repairing the relationship to sabotage it again? When people don't like each other and things go bad, that should be the end of it, assuming no heavy objects and shouting is thrown around!
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I'm more often a control freak with my sims so I have never experienced this. I had no idea sims could refuse to breakup - how is that even possible? If someone doesn't want to be in a relationship, then that is their decision, not the other persons surely?
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    I know that break ups (divorcing and such) happened in Sims3. Don't think it can in Sims4! I think BOTH partners need to agree to divorce. Which is weird - since divorces DO happen in real life! I thought The Sims was supposed to be a LIFE SIMULATION...

(hint-hint!) :wink:
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I've never seen this before... Are you sure it's not a mod?
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    This is a mod until further clarification from OP.
  • Options
    kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    Caught with Another and Risible Rejection both can be found in the game files. RR is triggered by a failed "Try To Break Up" which can't be performed autonomously and CwA requires having the Jealousy trait.
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Maybe she asked to be just friends.. that can fail, meaning it can bring to a loss of friendship bar along with a total loss of the romance one. I never had this happen autonomously without mods though.
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I know a SIM can use a chat option I think to influence a SIM to try to leave another, just like they can introduce them to other sims by talking one up, or ask them to hook up with one, that looks like the rebuff youd get from the one SIM not wanting to end it to me
  • Options
    lzbthnndglslzbthnndgls Posts: 285 Member
    @chazzzy @citysimmer I used to have MCCC but uninstalled it and I never played this save with that mod installed. So in short, no mods.

@annaliese39 I totally understand being a control freak, but I've been trying to use full autonomy and just watch what they do because like this incidence, it was quite honestly hilarious.

@Hoverael It's possible I never noticed it. I've been playing this save for a while and definitely when I first got Get Together was using the "other Sims..." suggestions frequently in it. It's possible they did start dating, but I'm sure I definitely would've kept up with that storyline if I had been successful bc it's like Romeo and Juliet.

@smurfy77 I know I've just never seen this before.

All in all, this is very very very weird but entirely hilarious. I'm just curious if anyone else has experienced this. Wondering if maybe it's a bug in a recent update?
    Check out my builds on the gallery by searching my username: lzbthnndgls
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I have no mods and sims in my game cannot autonomously break-up. I even had one sim send a break-up letter to another on Love Day and when I rotated to them, they were still together in the same household.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I had no idea sims could write a breakup letter.
  • Options
    zz_xclzz_xcl Posts: 1 New Member
    I like creating drama in my game so when i purposely make a spouse cheat on them they stay with them & I'm like " She is so dumb, LEAVE!!" all she does is slap him and woohoo him the next morning...
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    edited August 2019
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Sims can refuse to break up? Since when? This is news to me. Can they refuse a divorce too?

I did know Sims could break up autonomously, since I had a townie divorce my Sim rather suddenly. I didn't know you could have a Sim refuse to break up with someone. Interesting.
    I knew you could get caught cheating, because I read about it, but I've never had it happen, despite having some pretty flirty sims.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    LMAO, the first club Caden is in😂😂😂, what a club name.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    Chazzzy wrote: »

I did know Sims could break up autonomously, since I had a townie divorce my Sim rather suddenly. I didn't know you could have a Sim refuse to break up with someone. Interesting.
    I knew you could get caught cheating, because I read about it, but I've never had it happen, despite having some pretty flirty sims.

I didn't know sims could automously divorce when you switched households without a mod. Never seen that happen in my game. It did happen in TS3.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    SiliClone wrote: »
    Maybe she asked to be just friends.. that can fail, meaning it can bring to a loss of friendship bar along with a total loss of the romance one. I never had this happen autonomously without mods though.

Och... this is interesting. I did not know it could possibly fail, that makes it much more rewarding to me. I was under the impression that it was just a sure thing to end a relationship on a happy note.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Sofia asked Morgan to break up with Antoine. Its a mean or mischief interaction, something like, 'persuade to break up with boyfriend'. I forget which of the two catagories it is but it can come up as an option.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    No, but I'm sure there's a mod for it... *begins scrolling through comments to see if another has posted that mod*
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    SiliClone wrote: »

Och... this is interesting. I did not know it could possibly fail, that makes it much more rewarding to me. I was under the impression that it was just a sure thing to end a relationship on a happy note.

I thought so too. I just had a Sim with full friendship and romance, and a child with the other Sim, just ask to "just be friends" and the other Sim was perfectly happy with it. lol. Maybe it depends on traits? They don't seem to have much impact on the game, but on rare occasion they at least affect interactions.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    I question the use of the word risible.

Risible definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
    https://www.collinsdictionary.com/us/dictionary/english/risible
    If you describe something as risible, you mean that it is ridiculous and does not deserve to be taken seriously. ...

I tend to take care of my Sims and their relationships, so I've yet to run into this. I have had a Sim break it off without any resistance from their romantic relation. Guess, he wasn't the only one unhappy. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited August 2019
    kusurusu wrote: »
    Caught with Another and Risible Rejection both can be found in the game files. RR is triggered by a failed "Try To Break Up" which can't be performed autonomously and CwA requires having the Jealousy trait.

I didn’t know about either of these 2 emotions, but I have a sim who was cheating on his wife with another sim and his wife had the jealous trait. So I had the wife ask him about another sim ( the one he was cheating with) and he told her he loved the other sim. There was no reaction at all of the wife’s part, and she is a jealous sim. They should change that. And I have never used mods or CC.