Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Most Needed Stairs

Β«1
SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
edited June 2019 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
We want stairs,
all of them

but also what stairs do you need most in your game
( I know its very hard question but I am just curious)
⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free

Most Needed Stairs 96 votes

Diagonal Stairs
7%
TiarellaIObelleSailorCetiSimsInHogwartsbirdonawireRavenSpitStarstruckSimmer 7 votes
Ladder Stairs
11%
wrenstalesCary1213RIP-Troika-GamesEnkiSchmidtAmandèleBradyGalaxyIceColdPainCaleSimsSimmingaljj_____Morkovka 11 votes
Hide Away Stairs
0%
Spiral Stairs
42%
MsMayAnmirlaMariefoxprice83JnyxAjaGioStartellerAngellulubloodydarkangltoramongerwolffriendinusFroilErasimusClassicalSimLemon405NetzspannungSimmerMarsadele_katlemonade578adduapinaawellenbl 41 votes
L Stairs
31%
redrogue60aprilrosexMintAllison18g01denswanluthienrisingCinebartaydevannaliese39catitude5mariajane216SummerStreaktadeoalonso2Sigzy05ChadSims2Internal_ChaosjoleacogarapoesFreezerBunnyCowplantJenniferT 30 votes
Curved Stairs
3%
CaveSimJayandMeekasofasim 3 votes
Any other type I forgot and is absolutely needed (comment)
4%
GalacticGaljineratorTomasGrizzlySylvanas 4 votes

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited June 2019
    L Stairs
    And spiral.

Hide away would be cool, we never had that.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    CaleSimsCaleSims Posts: 196 Member
    Ladder Stairs
    Ladder stairs for small builds! It could come with bunk beds, in a patch.
    tumblr_inline_myy9221NKN1rkh0l2.gif
  • Options
    TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    edited June 2019
    Diagonal Stairs
    I have a build that's been on hold for years (since 2014?) because it won't work without diagonal stairs.

Though I could make do with a ladder, even though it's unlikely to be aesthetically pleasing.

eta: the last two of my parents' houses both had 'sneaky' spiral staircases in addition to the main staircase. They were Queen Anne houses, built in the early 1900s, & the 'sneaky' staircases were for the servants that the original owners presumably had. Each room had a call button on the wall somewhere (or in the dining room, on the floor where the head of the table could be, so the host/hostess could press it with a foot), and then on the kitchen wall, a corresponding box with room numbers. When you pressed the button in one of the rooms, back in the kitchen a mechanical arrow (like a clockhand) under the appropriate room number would point up at the number instead of down, so the servants would know which room to go to. My sibs and I played with those a bit, but the laundry chute (from the 3rd floor to the basement) was a lot more fun! Our parents finally forbade us to play with it. :wink:
  • Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    L Stairs
    I said l shape stairs but then remembered all my builds with weird porches etc because stairs don't go diagonally.
    Pretty much a 3 way split for spiral. L and diagonal in my mindp
  • Options
    GosiaWKGosiaWK Posts: 56 Member
    Spiral Stairs
    Tiny houses NEED these! I can't make a tin two story house without putting the stairs outside! I really can't with it. I could like some spiral stairs introduced into the game, it wouldn't be hard, since the mechanic is basically the same and the sims 3
  • Options
    BradyGalaxyBradyGalaxy Posts: 306 Member
    Ladder Stairs
    Ladder Stairs would've been perfect for some of my Island Living houses.
    Proud simmer
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Any other type I forgot and is absolutely needed (comment)
    Hard to decide which is needed the most. You forgot U-shaped stairs (unless that's what you mean by 'curved').
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Ladder Stairs
    Hard to decide which is needed the most. You forgot U-shaped stairs (unless that's what you mean by 'curved').

oh right I really did forget those
    (maybe because I somehow mixed them being also L stairs or curved stairs which is silly why im like this)
    but yeah I think I should find some example pics to not further confuse
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    Spiral Stairs
    I would love spiral and ladder, but the pneumatic tubes in the Sims 3 were also a lot of fun and it would be awesome to see those turn up in the Sims 4 too.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Ladder Stairs
    Examples of what I mean
    Diagonal stairs are just normal stairs that can be turned to go with diagonal rooms

Curved Stairs

?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcdnassets.hw.net%2Fce%2Ff3%2F02fd788b4188bd6a8365dc518d07%2Ftmp3cf-2etmp-tcm96-1136352.jpg

L Stairs

L-shaped-stair-V2.png

Ladder Stairs

SF-ladder-3-1024x768.jpg

Spiral Stairs

0P.jpg

Hide Away stairs could be anything that can be hidden/put out of way in some way but some random examples:

40005230cc10db7daad29f3b8e9d88fb.jpg
    werner-76105-hideaway-timber-lift-ladder-secondary-1-g49iaqmmyx.jpg
    257134_01_bcompact_hybrid_stair_side_open_close.jpg
    ultra-small-kitchen.jpg

also I forgot to add U stairs which I imagine would be like
    customized-frameless-glass-modern-u-staircase.jpg_350x350.jpg

(we just call L and U stairs ''multilevel stairs'' here so oops)

also I just realized i also took out storage stairs that would be cool concept too
  • Options
    Ladder Stairs
    I would love spiral and ladder, but the pneumatic tubes in the Sims 3 were also a lot of fun and it would be awesome to see those turn up in the Sims 4 too.

oh right and there was that fireman pole thingy too (can't remember if it worked for going upstairs tho :joy: )
  • Options
    Ladder Stairs
    also would like to just make it a point that ladder stairs should only take 1 square and be possible to put next to walls because I do see them trying to make normal 3 square ones more ''ladderlike'' and no that does not make me happy I need the space
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    L Stairs
    Both spiral and L shaped.
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    L Stairs
    I would love more stair options, particularly L/split level stairs and spiral. Hopefully we'll get all of these at some point.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    L Stairs
    L shapped to finish an entrance to one of my builds properly. I love spiral but it was my main character house and has long needed the L Shape.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    SimsterLivSimsterLiv Posts: 92 Member
    L Stairs
    its just needed? just having straight stairs is like yeah thats great but what if i wanted to place them where they turn because they interfere with the rooms above. that probs doesnt make sense but yeah.... lol
  • Options
    DreamCytcherDreamCytcher Posts: 168 Member
    L Stairs
    I voted this by considering it to be multilevel stairs, but what I really want is the U stairs.

I've done building my whole entire apartment block in the game, everything seems fine except those stairs, that really bugged me.

I believe diagonal stairs are very important as well. Gotta need them to be added.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    L Stairs
    L stairs for me. I don’t know why we don’t have them yet. And ladders to make attics.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Ladder Stairs
    I voted this by considering it to be multilevel stairs, but what I really want is the U stairs.

I've done building my whole entire apartment block in the game, everything seems fine except those stairs, that really bugged me.

I believe diagonal stairs are very important as well. Gotta need them to be added.

yeah i sort of feel like if they add L stairs they could rather easily turn it into U too

or maybe its just as simple as adding "stair landings" you can place at different heights and connect existing stairs to them that be cool

or just split level really because until now I have seen people making them with foundations but we really shouldn't have to sacrifice foundation for stairs

and well what comes to diagonal stairs...
    why they are missing in first place confuses me
  • Options
    amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    Spiral Stairs
    If there’s one thing I miss from previous packs it’s those glorious spiral staircases πŸ˜‚πŸ˜­
  • Options
    EmschmemEmschmem Posts: 84 Member
    Spiral Stairs
    Spiral stairs would make a beautiful build mode addition omg
  • Options
    RIP-Troika-GamesRIP-Troika-Games Posts: 221 Member
    Ladder Stairs
    To be honest I need all of them. Our current ones are so limiting. We need L-shaped, U-shaped. spirals, curved, ladders. You name it!
  • Options
    Katara11Katara11 Posts: 17 Member
    + an option to add stair railing to ONE side. I do not like when the railing are inside a wall.
  • Options
    jj_____jj_____ Posts: 167 Member
    Ladder Stairs
    I would like to have all of them honestly, but I need ladder, spiral and diagonal stairs the most, so many buildings that would have been perfect with those kind of stairs.

Also this:

> @Katara11 said:
    > + an option to add stair railing to ONE side. I do not like when the railing are inside a wall.
  • Options
    Ladder Stairs
    Katara11 wrote: Β»
    + an option to add stair railing to ONE side. I do not like when the railing are inside a wall.

omg yes it always looks so off